“Very Nice, yes I'd go back for another stay.....”

Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast
Ranked #8 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Gold Coast, Australia
“Very Nice, yes I'd go back for another stay.....”
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Booking was easy, check-in was a breeze. We found our room on the 16th floor had spectacular views to the Ocean. The room was clean, spacious with a king bed.
The Italian restaurant in the hotel was fully booked so we eat off premises which was a little disappointing, but where we had dinner was wonderful.
The buffet breakfast was delicous, a lovely breakfast room that helps you relax and enjoy yourself.
When we checked-out unfortunately they misplaced our car and it took them 35 mins to find it, little frustrating but a promise from Adam that next time we stay he will personally look after our car.... Time will tell???

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 22 August 2011

Got a great deal, $95 for the night so the hotel was great value for money. Clean room, dated interior but I was probably put in an older room due to my cheap deal.

I parked on Markwell Ave overnight for free. Got a pizza from the Crust restaurant across the road. Buffet breakfast was pretty good.

I would have liked a proper desk in the room rather than a small table to do some work. Plus, the hotel notepad only had 1 piece of paper!

Room Tip: Booked with the hotel direct
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 20 August 2011

Me and my partner stayed one night in this hotel. The room is very nice, classic hotel room. the location is very good, on the main street. Staff was OK, not the friendliest ever. The hotel charges their costumers 8 dollars for parking.

1 Thank rebecca l
Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Being our honeymoon we booked a 'honeymoon package' through a travel agent. Expecting a lovely room with chocolates and wine on checkin proved to be very foolish on our behalf.
Staff were unfriendly. Not helpful when asked questions. Didn't even ask if they could help with our 4 bags!!
On more than one occasion we were left with no toilet paper,no tissues and not once is the first 5 days was our room floor vacuumed!
This is the third time I have stayed at this hotel and sadly eachtime has been a worse experience.
The buffet breakfast that is supposed to be 'interactive' was a complete rip off,a chef was no where in sight for 15mins whilst I was waiting to ask for an omelette!
I found the floor more comfortable then the rock solid bed and the fact the room keeper kept turning our power out was irritating not to mention the pathetic excuse for a shower....hot,cold,hot,cold!!
Not at all what we expected for our 'honeymoon package' so very very disapointing!!!!

• Stayed August 2011
1 Thank Kimberly S
Wollongong, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2011

I stayed at the Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast after an extremely busy day doing business on the Gold Coast. The Watermark is located right in the heart of Surfers Paradise - an ideal location for young families and couples looking for a few nights of living the Gold Coast lifestyle. It's about 10 - 15 minutes walk from the beach.

I checked in at around 10:00pm after making a pre-paid Wotif booking at 9:45pm. I was expecting difficulties upon check-in as I knew that there was no way Wotif would send a reservation notice within 15 minutes. The receptionist staff were very accommodating and friendly although as I anticipated they had no record of my booking and asked me to log on to the business centre and print off my email confirmation.

The business centre consists of 3 computers located within the hotel lobby and next to the hotel bar entrance. It's pay by the minute and the computers are not exactly state of the art. I was given a free "15 minute voucher" in order to print off my confirmation however the printer associated with the computer didn't work and after a long day I just wanted to go to sleep. I ended up handing my iPhone to the receptionist staff who managed to confirm my reservation that way. I was given my two room keys (needed to use it for the lift which is excellent in Surfers) and a booklet with a "Watermark $20 voucher & $3 drink voucher). Of course, you needed to spend a minimum of $50 and have two people dining for the $20 voucher and it doesn't include room-service. I didn't read anything about the $3 drink voucher but I assume that a free beer would be appreciated by some people - personally I wasn't in the mood.

My room was 1501 (15th Floor, Room 1) - right next to the elevator. I was originally surprised at how quiet the room was whilst watching television as considering I was in the middle of Surfers Paradise I couldn't hear any street noise or sirens. As soon as I turned the television off for some sleep I could immediately hear the sound of the lift, which carried on all through the night. Nevertheless the room was medium sized, the bed was extremely comfortable and the bathroom was clean. Regardless of the lift noise (which did wake me up) I did have a good nights sleep thanks to the comfortable and clean bed.

I woke up fatigued after such a busy day before and went straight to the bathroom for a shower. This is my biggest complaint: There was no comb, shaving kit, toothbrush or anything else except a roll of toilet paper and the mandatory shower gel, shampoo and conditioner which smelt absolutely terrible. When a hotel advertises itself as 4.5 stars you would expect that you can arrive and depart without bringing anything but a change of clothes.

I went to the lobby and the lady behind the reception desk provided me with a complimentary shaving kit and toothbrush. Why wasn't it in the room in the first place? It feels embarrassing walking around unshaven and un-showered, not to mention giving the hotel an unprofessional look. I also saw the hotel's restaurant was open and caught a glimpse of the buffet - it looked beautiful with fresh bread, fruit, cereal etc. Unfortunately I had a shower to take and a plane to catch so the waiter gave me a coffee to go ($4.95). I had my shower (excellent water pressure), checked out without any dramas and left for Sydney.

Overall the Watermark is one of the better hotels on the Gold Coast. It's centrally located, caters to a wide market (business, pleasure, young couples & families) and is priced relatively well. I paid $180.00 for my room and believe it was reasonable value for money. If I'd splurged for breakfast, taken something from the minibar, used the business lounge or anything else I'd have no doubt that total bill would have doubled. If you do stay here, cross the road and visit some of the beautiful restaurants and cafés in Surfers Paradise. Remember, bring your own toiletries! That shower gel and shampoo smell worse than when you first jumped in the shower :-)

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up and away from the lift to minimise noise.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank amnovak
Gosford, Australia
Reviewed 18 August 2011

Stayed here for one night and was not disappointed. We did have a special deal which included an upgrade and breakfast. The views from our room were great. Even though the hotel is set away from the beach and the Q1 tower is directly opposite we had good views of the water. Only downside was a glitch with the internet. This was fixed promptly and with additional usage given.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The property is clean both in the lobby and the room. The room is neat and quiet. I can see the sea view from my room. Special price for breakfast if booked online (USD 9 each, full price USD 13). Underground parking is available for those who drive

The hotel is opposite to the Eureka building, sadly, that we didn't have time for that. It also close to the beach and shopping mall. Approximately 20 mins drive to Sea World and 30 mins drive to Warner's Bros Studio

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends