Local members of our network selected the Watermark for a business meeting in September, and the service was impeccable.
Staff from the hotel were a great help with organising our meeting beforehand; they provided excellent information on our options and stayed in touch throughout the process of getting ourselves organised and running the meeting. Even the two little things that weren't arranged as planned were quickly rectified, and we couldn't ask for more.
The facilities were excellent, both for our meeting and in terms of the accommodation provided for us.
But I think the real standout here was the food. Most of the time catering in these contexts seems to be the most basic of sandwiches or at best a strange kind of buffet, but the options on offer here made me think 'what's the extra charge going to be?'. As it happened, this was included in our original quote, and the choice was much broader than usual. The quality of food provided for our group was impeccable, and it was all prepared fresh and on site both days of our meeting. The breakfast was likewise of a much higher standard than your average hotel.
The beds in the rooms were very comfortable, although I didn't find even a vaguely reasonable pillow among the six on my bed! They were all thin as paper and far too soft. I found myself using a towel to plump them up.
The shower was an interesting affair. With the shower base raised, the rose was in line with my chin, so washing my hair was something of an acrobatic exercise.
Apart from these two gripes, though, this is one of the best hotels I've visited and I highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Watermark Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, the host of magnificent beaches, shopping and restaurants. The Hotel is ideally positioned on the Surfers Paradise Station of the Light Rail connecting to Gold Coast Convention Centre and Jupiters Casino, or a five minute walk to Cavill Avenue. Guests enjoy a day spa and hair salon, two outdoor swimming pools and spas and fitness centre. Our modern designer rooms enjoy ocean or hinterland views and include a flat-screen TV, fridge and are fully air conditioned. The en suite bathrooms are supplied with essential amenities and a hairdryer. Shared laundry facilities are available. L'Aqua Day Spa boasts a variety of massage treatments, and features premium products to ensure pure indulgence. Waves Buffet Restaurant offers a hot buffet breakfast daily, and an International Buffet for dinner. Visit Clifford's Grill & Lounge and Walrus Social House (bar, gaming, cafe) for a night of great tastes and tempting cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermark Hotel And Spa Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia