Staff can really make or break your stay, the first staff member that i came across here just ruined the whole place, and he was on the reception desk, if I could have had a refund on my stay I would have walked away before check-in but as I had booked on wotif.com I couldn't.
Car parking is $15 per night, but you might not get a parking spot as it's a free for all......note to the hotel, only sell the amount of parking that you have spaces for otherwise it's surly fraud....taking money for a service that you can't deliver??
If you are an international traveler be aware that this hotel might not be able to get a pre-auth from your credit card so you then have to pay a cash deposit if you have paid through a booking site!! Crazy stuff, never had it before but my card declined twice on check-in but worked 20mins later when I went an had a meal, the reason I was given at the reception was it was an international credit card......really....when I asked to upgrade to the lounge pass and had to pay them some money amazingly the card worked again so I was able to get my cash deposit back....
The room wasn't bad, looked a little dated, the pool's and spa are great, but one of the pools is overlooked by the lounge service they have.
The w-lounge pass was the best thing about this place but was never sold to me on check-in, I read about it in the room and asked which is a real shame as this is a winner of a deal that I missed out on for half of my stay.
I will never stay at this hotel again due to the service experience that I had on arrival, this really did ruin the whole stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Watermark Hotel & Spa is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise, the host of magnificent beaches, shopping and restaurants. The Hotel is ideally positioned on the Surfers Paradise Station of the Light Rail connecting to Gold Coast Convention Centre and Jupiters Casino, or a five minute walk to Cavill Avenue. Guests enjoy a day spa and hair salon, two outdoor swimming pools and spas and fitness centre. Our modern designer rooms enjoy ocean or hinterland views and include a flat-screen TV, fridge and are fully air conditioned. The en suite bathrooms are supplied with essential amenities and a hairdryer. Shared laundry facilities are available. L'Aqua Day Spa boasts a variety of massage treatments, and features premium products to ensure pure indulgence. Waves Buffet Restaurant offers a hot buffet breakfast daily, and an International Buffet for dinner. Visit Clifford's Grill & Lounge and Walrus Social House (bar, gaming, cafe) for a night of great tastes and tempting cocktails. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Agoda, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Watermark Hotel And Spa Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Gold Coast
- Watermark Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast Surfers Paradise, Australia