“Mystery deal”

Ranked #8 of 32 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Melbourne, Australia
“Mystery deal”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I tend to buy Mystery deals while travel on business to major cities. There is an element of surprise and great prices as well. This time I was attracted to 4.5 stars in description, central location (everything is central in Surfers Paradise) and free Wifi + perking. The deal was only $125 per night.
Service was good: friendly and professional. Room was clean, crispy sheets, bathtub and large TV. My room did not have balcony and the windows could not be open.
Swimming pool and gym were good.
I was tired to go out, so I ordered in-room service. My dinner Miso prawns were perfect and the service was very quick.

On the downside: the tea/coffee supply was not replenished after the last customer and only one dirty teaspoon was in the draw. I also had to ask for bathroom slippers, though the bathroom robes were there. The slippers were deliver in about 5 minutes after the phone call.

It was close to Cavill st and the beach.

I think it was a good deal and overall I was quite pleased.

Room Tip: My room did not an ocean view, so you need to specifically ask for it. But I paid very little for...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Reviewed 9 August 2014

Positives
Great location
My room had great views
Bathroom was clean with no mould!

Negatives
Check in staff rather unfriendly and unhelpful
Housekeeping knocking on door very early on the weekends
Decor a little shabby (walls/ skirting very dirty)
Major building work taking place on the ground floor which was pretty noisy during the day. Guests should really be informed of this when booking

I stayed here for a wedding - managed to find a deal with free parking and wifi.
Wedding food was excellent!

Room Tip: Choose a high floor room with views
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank MACCA91
scottsdale
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I had a few problems early on during my six-night stay. Given that I don't like having problems (even if resolved later on), I would advise others to think twice before staying here. The problems:

1) my first night, I was put in a room right behind the elevator bank. Needless to say, I heard the elevators going up and down the entire night.

2) My second night, I was placed in a room where they were doing major renovation on the floor. When the strong chemical fumes entered my room, I was seeing red because the duty manager said he didn't think the chemicals would go to my end of the hallway. As if cancer causing chemicals know how/when to stay in place. As if. Needless to say, I swiftly demanded to move again and for the manager himself to make SURE my third room would give me NO problems otherwise I'd reach out to corporate.

3) the third room was fine.

It should not take me going through three different rooms before I start enjoying my stay at ANY hotel much less one that I flew across the world to enjoy.

The other downer: they serve the EXACT same thing for breakfast EVERY SINGLE DAY. That's fine if you are spending one or two nights but to spend six nights only to wake up to the same meal is discouraging. Surely they could vary it up twice a week at the very least.

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank nvylocs
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 6 August 2014

My wife and I stayed here early July in a very comfortable room. My brother and his wife (on holidays from NSW) stayed in the room next door. Facilites were fine, the bed was extra comfy and the room was quiet - ticked all the boxes. My wife and I regularly stay here (and also at Jupiters) several times each year.
We managed a very cheap deal through the hotels web site and also took advantage of the great value buffet dinner at the hotels Waves Restaurant.
This establishment is a quality hotel that rewards regular guests.

Room Tip: The buffet is one of the cheapest on the Gold Coast.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Maleny
Reviewed 5 August 2014

This wasn't our first visit to the Watermark. Each time we have felt welcome and comfortable. This visit was once again a refreshing break. The staff were all very happy and helpful, and our favourite room (which we requested and were given) made us feel like we were right at home. Breakfast and dinner were delicious. We had fun travelling on the G train, which stops right outside. Thanks Watermark - we will be back!

Room Tip: We always choose higher level rooms to enjoy the views over the river to the mountains.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed in one of the Watermark's superior rooms with two friends and we were all very happy with the experience. There were two double beds and a single bed made out of a sofa bed- all of which were really comfortable. There were two pools, one on each side of the building which were great for sunbathing. We also enjoyed the jacuzzis! The staff at reception and the cleaners were friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay there again considering the value for money.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for a night as we were attending a wedding. I was under the impression there was limited parking available at no extra charge but apparently not. We paid $15 extra to park.

Rooms are great, spacious and fresh. Bathrooms need to be updated though. Great convenience with the tram stop right outside the hotel.

Will return again.