Stayed here a few months ago adter reading all the reviews and that this place had won top choice awards.
I honestly expected something amazing with the pictures and my friends and I had high expectations but a little let down. I'm not one to complain about trivial things but my friends were constantly in my ear about the place. We stayed for a week and after the first night, they wanted to leave.
The place was a bit run down and had oldish furniture. The couch leather had completely peeled (would explain why a rug was placed over it to sit on). The TV and austar box kept stuffing up and was pretty tiny for the room size.
There were ants everywhere on the first night (we hadn't eaten and food or drink in the apartment as we went out for dinner) and the next morning, even more! I dont mind a few but it started to get a bit much, my friends were whining the entire time as more appeared.
The view was lovely over the river and up north. We were only on a low level so not a sky-high view. Bit of a downside with party cruise dock right outside the window and they were pretty noisy (close balcony door and was all good).
The staff were great, a little over friendly for my liking (asking us where we were going each time we went out and came back) but I do understand some people like that attention.
The pool was lovely and warm, the spa also.
The second bedroom was meant to have a queen/zip bed but two singles were in there. And no light ??? Just a lamp on one side of the room. So couldnt really see at night which was odd.
Attempted to use the vacuum to clean up the dead ants next day but appears people before us used the washing machine and the entire laundry floor was soaked, including the bottom of the vacuum cleaner so it left a great big mess of fluff along the floor and streaks.
Overall I'd say a great place for families but definitely not business/professional couples or adults looking for something to match the high rating.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Moorings on Cavill holiday apartments accommodation is the ultimate holiday destination combining the perfect Gold Coast location with the serenity of absolute river frontage. Moorings on Cavill is a boutique style accommodation apartment's hotel with 1 or 2 or 3 bedroom self-contained, air conditioned apartments. We also have 1 Penthouse accommodation apartment. All the apartments have fantastic views of the river and is located a short 5 minute walk to Surfers Paradise beach. We have direct access that leads directly onto riverfront boardwalk and close to the patrolled beach. We offer a choice of superior and deluxe apartments as well as budget accommodation apartments. Many of the apartments have been renovated with the deluxe being the most recent. Moorings on Cavill offers a free booking service to all the tours, shows and attractions that the Gold Coast has to offer. We can arrange all of these prior to your arrival or after you arrive .and decide which attractions you wish to visit. If you would like transfers from either the Brisbane or Gold Coast Airport by coach or private service please let us know and we can arrange this for. Just advise us your preference and flight details then we can advise you of the costs and make the bookings to make sure you have a hassle free vacation in Surfers Paradise. Call our reservations team direct for more great deals and a great accommodation apartment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda and HotelsClick so you can book your Moorings on Cavill Avenue reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Moorings On Cavill Avenue Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Moorings On Cavill Avenue Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia