“Excellent location in beautiful surroundings”

Moorings on Cavill Avenue
Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed for 10 nights leading up to Xmas and were not disappointed. This was out first time at the Moorings. On previous trips we have stayed in the in the heart of Surfers as is the Moorings but at other accommodation. The consistent number 1 rating on TripAdvisor drew us in to want to try the Moorings and I'm pleased to say we would choose to stay there again.
The location is excellent if you don't have a car as Woolworths (supermarket) is right across the road, a Liquorland just a short walk away in the Chevron Renaissance complex and the bus stops are just a very short walk away out front on Ferny Avenue. Despite it's location, it is very quiet to outside noise.
Our unit looked over the river and we enjoyed waking up to and watching the river activity such as paddle boarders, the cruise boats coming and going, jet skiers and the like. The gardens and pool area are kept scrupulously clean, tidy and maintained to a very high level.
All of the girls at the reception desk were extremely friendly and only too happy to help if help was needed.
We will happily recommend the Moorings to friends and family.
Thanks again to everyone at the Moorings.
The Lynch family from Adelaide :):)

Room Tip: Ask for a room with river views.
1  Thank Julee64

Reviewed 23 December 2013

Kindly pardon me as this is my first time posting a review. I've been a regular traveler and NEVER bothered to post any review as most of the places I've stayed are either as expected or below expectations. However, many thanks to the various reviews posted on TripAdvisor; I decided to go against my friends' advice as they say some of the reviews can't be trusted. To whoever is reading my post, this is purely a personal experience that I've had so your level of expectations may differ from me so do remeber this critical point. Prior to this trip, it was almost a good 15 years ago since I last visited Gold Coast and so no memories of whatsoever. I didn't mention a single thing about how the apartment looks like or what to expect to my spouse or my kids.
When we arrived at about 9.30am, Phoenix welcomed us to their property and offered to look after our bags as our apartment was not ready. She even took the time to go through with us where to have good breakfast and the most impressive thing was that she took the time to make all the necessary reservations for our bus shuttle to pick us up to the various theme parks and also our airport transfer which was not an obligation on her part. Absolutely GREAT service, especially for us who were not familiar with how to go about making all the necessary arrangements for the shuttle pickups. She certainly took a load off my shoulders.
When we returned from Sea World and opened the door of our apartment, trust me....we were really blown away by the magnificient view. It was exactly what you see in some of the pictures posted. BEAUTIFUL, my family was like going WOW!!!!! Coming from a hot country like Singapore, I was a little worried about how cool can the apartment be as it was a hot period when we were there but trust me come night, we had to cut off the aircon as the breeze was cool enough to keep the whole place wonderfully ventilated.
We really took the effort to ensure that the all the utensils and cooking area were cleaned and kept tidy when we checked out. I hope the rest who are going to use this place do take that extra effort to help out on this as every single effort will go a long way in ensuring that this place stays attractive to future guests. A big thank you to the team at The Moorings. Cheers!

3  Thank Oscarsee
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Being in the city center yet not one of the high-rises, the Moorings is not labeled as a landmark in the Gold Coast. However, the experience of my few nights stay in the Moorings was definitely much more than what I expected.
The 2-bedroom apartment with river view I had for my family got absolute fabulous view of Nerang river. The room was spacious, tidy and clean, and perfect for a small family or just a couple.Locating close to all remarkable restaurants and supermarkets made the Moorings being so handy with everything we need for holiday.
Although staying in the city center, it was not noisy at all during my stay in the Moorings. We enjoyed our peaceful nights after some quite busy holiday schedules and my son had very good sleep.
On our last day we decide to just stay in the resort and have a relax. BBQ area was beautiful and clean, pools were fantastic in the late dusk time. My boy especially loved the table tennis in their game room.
By the way, the reception team was also outstanding. Erin gave us a very warm welcome when we was checking in, Phoenix helped us a lot with her kindness and patience, Gracie was friendly and nice as well. Looking forward to see you all next year!

BeatriceZ

Room Tip: Rooms with Nerang river view
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeatriceMMZ
Reviewed 23 December 2013

The hotel was really really good, service and staff were excellent, helpful and friendly and the room was very practical. King size bed, separate room for the toilet and full kitchen which was a life saver. Beautiful apartment in good location for the price of a hotel, easy parking, all amenities to stay longer or even have a dinner party in house! Husband loves balcony where he can smoke.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pisces F
Reviewed 20 December 2013

This is a very comfortable & value worthy apartment. Very good view and good location. The reception is friendly and helpful. We will definitely stay @ the Moorings if we travel to Gold Coast again. Thanks so much to the team especially to Erin, she is friendly and kind to us.

Room Tip: Higher floors have very good view.
2  Thank Crystal-Lv2Apt9
Reviewed 12 December 2013

It has great scenery and very good location. Also, the overall apartment is excellent, very hygienic, and clean. The staffs is so friendly and very helpful! They will help us in directory and very helpful. Gd job moorings!

1  Thank Spidee1234
Mooringscavill, Manager at Moorings on Cavill Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and putting reviews. As No.1 on TripAdvisor, we are loved by many overseas customers, especially guests from Singapore, who always pick the most valuable accommodation with every box ticked. So we are very proud to provide the most worthiest apartments, facilities and services to everyone from the world at Moorings on Cavill.

Thank you again and wish to see you and your family/friends next time.

Merry Xmas and Happy New Year!

Phoenix & Gracie-Managers
Erin-Front Office
The Moorings on Cavill Team

Reviewed 10 December 2013

This is one of the best service apt I had stayed! We stay at level 14 room 69 which has a full view to the river and v spacious living room n 2 bedrooms! Both my kids enjoyed the stay too! The apt n rooms are all clean n nice! It is jus 3 min walk to Woolworth across the road and near to the beach n nice cafe n restaurant. Simply love it and would definitely stay here again if we return to Gold Coast! It is totally value for money :) thanks to the team at Mooring for the wonderful stay :)

• Stayed: December 2013

Thank you very much for staying with us and putting reviews. Unit 69 is our penthouse on the top level with fantastic river views and fabulous rooms, so it is always quite popular and loved by guests. It is great you and your family had a great time here at Moorings, nothing better than a "home" accommodation with super convenient location to everything is important for holiday. Thank you again and we wish to see you next time at Surfers.

Phoenix & Gracie-Managers