“do not stay there!!!”

Silverton Holiday Apartments
Sydney, Australia
“do not stay there!!!”
Reviewed 3 July 2012

Well thought I had seen it all but this takes the biscuit.Photos were taken when this place was new and not a cent spent on the place since. Dirty and scruffy ,burnt work tops, missing shelves in fridge,filthy carpets, broken dryer....all in all a rip off. Games room smells of damp and I broken ping pong ball,10 bucks to play tennis. Guy on front hates people so be warned.don't do it !!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lollypopwat

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
melbourne
Reviewed 19 June 2012

Silverton offers value for money . My wife and i stay here every year. U have designated secure underground parking with ample space 2 move around. Other places charge u more for parking and many dont have designated parking so its 1st come 1st serve basis and i found by experience many are a tight squeeze to manouver around not here. U have a clean bbq area full size tennis court and even offers a private jetty where u can fish off if u so desire. Rooms are spacious full kitchen and laundry. All have balconies. The staff are all helpful and non intrusive. Its not a 5 star and it dont profess to be and for what u get 4 your money it beats other places ive stayed in hands down.

Room Tip: with the construction work going on id recommend the river view rooms
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kris p
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 June 2012

I had low expectations about this place after reading mostly negative reviews. I'm pleased to say that those low expectations were surpassed - but not by a huge margin.
The pros:
- great panoramic view of the city is you are on a high enough floor.
- quiet
- staff were friendly and helpful
- spacious rooms
- good price
The cons:
- the major for me: false advertising showing "sample" pics of their rooms on website. The room we stayed in was old looking and could do with a bit of a touch up.
- kitchen pots and pans were also old and grotty (luckily I ate out most nights) and the oven ventilator was broken so the room smoked up badly when I did my breakfast fry-ups.

All in all it was okay. good value for the price but I would only stay here again if there was nothing else that was around the same price range.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank funkee500
South Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Reviewed 2 May 2012

THIS PLACE RUINED MY 21ST
I Stayed here this weekend just gone (floor 9 room 52), my parents bought me and my partner a stay down the coast for my 21st, I have to say even though it rained the whole time and i couldn't do all I wanted the main disappointment for me was my accommodation, NEVER have I stayed in a place so dirty!! I feel its safe to say Silverton Apartments ruined my birthday weekend, I couldnt stay in my room and enjoy being with my partner on the rainy days as it was dirty and uncomfortable. The carpet was foul, dishes were dirty nothing was clean the bathrooms especially! The couch was so bad we had to bring the mattress off the bed into the lounge and put it on the floor! And my Dryer didn't work, I rang reception was told I would get a call back and after 4 calls to reception I still never received a call back so had to bring wet clothes home as they wouldn't dry in the rainy weather! I am ABSOLUTELY DISGUSTED in this place DO NOT STAY HERE!!

Room Tip: Do yourself a favor DONT stay here
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Jaymie Louise H

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Cologne
Reviewed 2 May 2012

We stayed in two different appartments. The first one was acceptable for the price we paid (60 AUD if you book early ahead). It had a big TV, a new bathroom and a comfortable bed. But all the other things were much older and not very clean. The appartment had a strange smell.

When we had to stay in Surfers Paradise for two more days and extended our stay we had to change to another (two bedroom) appartment. We agreed without inspecting it, which was a terrible mistake. When we entered the second apartment we wanted to leave straight away. Everything was broken and dirty. Lipstick on glassas, food in cooking pots, holes in couches, and the toilet water ran over my feet (hole in pipe) when flushing.

It was pretty easy to find the bedroom, you just had to follow the dirty path in the carpet. The bed was the worst bed we have EVER slept in!!!! It must have been 20 years old and just saggy. A hammock would have been much more comfortable. And the noise from the street didn't make us feel better. The children's bedroom (which we fortunately didn't have to use) was just horrible and had a broken lamp and fan.

When we made our laundry we could watch the foam coming out of the washing machine.
Even a small cockroach made her way to this high floor.

When checking out we were blamed to have broken the toilet pipe. This was when I got really angry. We didn't complain about anything before because we just didn't know where to start!

In sum the first apartment where we stayed was ok for the price we paid but the second one was the most disgusting place I've ever stayed at.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank World_On_The_Wall
Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 17 April 2012

Dirty cutlery in drawers. Dirty kitchen floor, as in red jam or something. No frying pan or spatula. No wine glasses. Not enough juice glasses, had to drink wine out of coffee cups. The sliding door lock didn't work upon arrival, luckily the Kiwi handyman, who was extremely friendly and helpful came to fix it. The room was dated from the 70's, yeah, not even close to looking like the pics on the website & a wet old smell in the building. Sad i didn't see these reviews before I booked :(

Room Tip: No, don't book a room at this place
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
Reviewed 7 April 2012

The room we checked into was not the one we saw on the website and was told no it wouldnt be as each room is independently owned we would have been OK with that but the room was really dirty. We found the staff to be rude and not willing to help. We checked in went up to our room turned round and checked out again. If it wasnt for the amazing staff at the Marrakesh sorting a room for us at short notice we would have slept in our car and that would have been better than staying at the Silverton!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple