“Better than I expected”

Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Ranked #7 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 17 April 2011

i stayed at the Crowne for one night after I found a cheap 'mystery' room online. I didn't go with any great hopes, having time and time again been disappointed with the poor quality of Gold Coast hotels.

The Crowne then was a pleasant surprise. Check in was fast and friendly, I was put in a spa room in the adjacent 'Gold Tower' building, which had a very large room and some great sea views.

Furnishings were modern and there was a separate bathroom/toliet. I believe the sofa could be converted to a bed if you are travelling with children.

A major annoyance was the cost and quality of internet. They are charging $30 a night for a service that reached its 'download limit' after 10 minutes of Skype chat. This is overpriced and next to useless, and would be a consideration for me should I be looking to stay on the Gold Coast again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Ian_Pratt
Write a ReviewReviews (1,694)

Reviewed 7 April 2011

My husband, 2 year old and I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Surfers for a week in April and our stay was great. We booked via Wotif.com and rather than providing us with a dusty horrible room, as had ALL hotels we stayed in prior,they upgraded our room and staff went out of their way to accommodate our toddler - cot/food/general needs etc. The staff at this hotel are extremely friendly,polite, accommodating and professional. The room had a HUGE bathroom with a corner spa/bath and separate shower-with an outlook of the city, valley and beach. Our room was very modern with a balcony looking out onto the city (two double beds and a plasma TV, with small table and 2 chairs - balcony had coffee table and 2 seats also). The room was serviced everyday without fail and was in great condition - no cracked tiles, broken amenities etc(unlike other hotels). Room service was prompt, at ALL hours, and food was of good a standard (bit pricey at hotel and in city restaurants, so we will be booking a studio room with kitchen next time). The hotel is fairly close /easy to get to Sea world and other amusements parks - the city is a 10-15 min walk / 3 min car ride away and the beach and casino are a 3-4 min walk. We will definitely be coming back to this hotel again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank vicky531818
Reviewed 31 March 2011

This hotel has aged well with high quality fittings, particularly in the marble spa bathrooms. One novelty is being able to set the temperature of the water. I didn't get to try the revolving restaurant but the room service meal itself was well presented and very tasty. Very generous portion sizes! I was slightly disappointed I could hardly hear the ocean as it is several blocks from the beach but the view of the sunrise was lovely.

• Stayed: March 2011
2  Thank Kerri54321
Reviewed 13 March 2011

We loved our 2 night stay here. Room 1912 was a corner room looking south to Broadbeach. The weather was not great and the wind was howling both nights but the room was spacious and very comfortable.
We could not fault the friendliness, courtesy and helpfulness of all the staff. The buffet seafood dinner on the revolving restaurant was satisfactory withour being anything special. Again, all the staff here were very professional.
The fitness centre could do with some free weights and exercise mats.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2011

We popped down to the GC to see some friends over from New Zealand. They were booked into an apartment complex that had a 3 night minimum stay and we were only heading down over night. I searched for Hotels close to where our friends were and found the Crowne Plaza. I never really thought about it being a 5* hotel because it was as cheap as everywhere else and our Superior King Room with Ocean Views was very well priced. So I was not expecting much but after a quick easy check in we found our room to be larger than most rooms we have stayed in. Well fitted bathroom and well furnished room. Plenty of room to be social and not feel like your sitting in a Bedroom. This will now be my go to Hotel when heading down the coast.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 March 2011

Only there for one night after airlines stuffed up our booking.
Stayed on the 15th floor with sensational views of the ocean and the canals.
My son loved the spa in our room and the big TV. My daughter loved the choice of 2 pools both with spas. Not particularly close to anything if you want to walk but not a problem if you have a hire car.
Only issue was the pull out sofa bed our kids slept on. These things are terrible with wire running through the whole matress. Woke up to find both kids sleeping on the floor.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank OneThreeTravel
Reviewed 15 February 2011

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza Gold Tower for 2 nights with my mum and 2 children... We were really impressed... I had read a few bad reviews on here and I honestly think they must have stayed at a different place... The room was beautiful, spa in the room was awesome... The pools and the spa outside were beautiful... We had a game of tennis on the rooftop tennis court and the view was great... There was also a games room which my kids just adored... We ordered room service for dinner on the 2nd night and it was truly amazing... We all agreed it was one of the best meals we have ever had... The staff were friendly and helpful... Everything about the Crowne Plaza was fantastic... We will definately stay there again... :)

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with family
Mantra on View Hotel
#11 of 31 in Surfers Paradise
1 mi away
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!