We stayed for one night in the 'Gold Tower' - rather tinny if you asked me. We filled in the questionaire as they stated we 'want to know the details as its the little things that count'. OK - so AAAT 5 stars is supposed to be super clean with loads of facilities. Well we had a damp floor in one corner of the room, hairclips on the carpet, and black hairs on the bathroom floor. With the new AAAT star rating guide in 2012 this hotel will struggle for 4 stars due to its tired rooms and lack of cleanliness. We took breakfast in the downstairs restaurant 'Relish' I think it was called and the chaffing dishes were serving food well below legal temperature of 65 degrees. The bacon was like cardboard and the eggs had probably been there for an hour or more. Its not that hard surely and if you promote yourselves as 4.5 or 5 stars then please try and live up to it.
This was also during NSW school holidays and this is obviously a tourist hotel and one to be avoided if you are a couple or away on business. We dont live far away and we will not be going back as the Gold Coast and hinterland have many many better choices than this.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia