Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$156
US$124
  • Beachfront
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
US$356
US$230
Agoda.com
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$87
US$75
  • Restaurant
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$172
  • Pool
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$161
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$191
  • Pool
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$300
US$129
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$105
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$191
US$158
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$105
1,752 results
All reviewsgold towerrevolving restaurantfour windsrelish restaurantmain towerspa bathflorida gardensroom servicecorner roomtram stopbuffet breakfastking roomlarge bathroomtop flooran upgradeocean viewbit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The hotel is located about 3 blocks back from the beach and we managed to get a good rate through wotif. We had booked two interconnecting rooms which were quite nice and average in size. Both rooms had two double beds and the corner room had a spa bath which was a real treat for us and the kids. The rooms also contained in room safe, mini bar, tea, coffee, hot chocolate & biscuits. The Chapel was very quaint and the pools looked lovely but it was a bit too cold for swimming. The concierge staff were very helpful & friendly but unfortunately the staff on the front desk were not. The hotel is located close to the convention centre and not to far from the Casino. Look I would have rated this hotel better but unfortunately we had noticed a funny smell in one of the rooms and it wasn't until we were going to bed that I discovered the smell was dried up vomit under one of the beds. I called the front desk and they sent up someone from housekeeping to clean the floor but the rooms still smelt funky. They didn't even apologise or offer us a new room which considering the hotel wasn't busy made me rather annoyed and very disappointed.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank VoucherQueen101
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2012

Thank you for posting your review of your stay with us eleven months ago. I was very disturbed to read your comments regarding the room cleanliness and lack of action and apology from the front desk personnel at the time. Please accept my most sincere belated apologies for this incident and rest assured I will raise this matter with my team - albeit the incident occurred almost twelve months ago.
Nonetheless, I can assure you we do strive to meet and exceed our customers expectations at all times so please let me know next time you visit the Gold Coast so I may make amends accordingly.
Thanks again.
david.brown@ihg.com

Reviewed 29 April 2012

Stayed here for two nights in April 2012 after spending two nights at the Sheraton Mirage Resort and Spa at Main Beach. Thought this would be a good hotel since its closer to Surfer's Paradise but in reality, the hotel is closer to Broadbeach (still a good 15-20 min walk away) and Surfer's Paradise is about a 25-30 min walk away on the beach.

I was expecting the hotel to have more stuff and shops around but there is only a gas station opposite and some dingy restaurants along the road. The hotel itself is 3 blocks away from the beach. We did enjoy walking on the beach very much and went to Broadbeach and Surfer's Paradise on separate occasions. Would really like it if the hotel was situated much closer to the hustle and bustle.

The hotel is kinda old and the room is nothing to shout about. After spending two nights at the Sheraton, I guess we were kinda spoiled there, but to move to the Crowne Plaza where the beds were slightly sinking in the center wasn't exactly that comfortable since I am also heavily pregnant at 8 months. We paid a much cheaper room rate than the Sheraton, but after factoring the breakfasts (daily rate of A$30/head) and ridiculously priced internet (almost A$30/24 hours), I think we were far better off staying at the Sheraton or moving closer to another hotel at Surfers Paradise. As this was a trip away from the children, it was important for us to have internet access so that we could skype with them daily. There's internet at the business center downstairs at the public terminals at A$2 for 15 minutes, or a wireless password at $10 for 2 hours or pay a ridiculous amount of almost A$30 for 24 hours in the room. We paid A$9.95 for 24 hours at the Sheraton and thought that was expensive till we moved to the Crowne Plaza.

We were planning on going to the revolving restaurant on the 26th floor after reading the reviews on tripadvisor. But at A$62 per head, we wanted to check out the restaurant and I'm glad we did. It was really dimly lit and there were only 2 sections of buffet available. There's some seafood and dessert and hot foods but it didn't look appetizing at all. I don't think I would eat there even if its complimentary. We ended up having room service both nights since there aren't any restaurants near to the hotel and I was just too tired to venture out to Surfers Paradise or Broadbeach.

We also took a trip out to Pacific Fair Mall, which has hundreds of stores in a nice mall, about a 30 min walk away or a 5 min cab ride away (about A$10).

If I ever come back to Gold Coast again, we will probably spend more and stay near to Surfer's Paradise to be closer to the action or stay at the Sheraton Mirage on Main Beach if I want to have a quiet location.

Room Tip: Request for a high floor to get a nice view
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cambriant
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

Many thanks for taking the time to post your review and for your constructive comments.
Please rest assured I will share your feedback with my team and I am indeed most sorry we did not meet your expectations on this occasion.
You are correct, the hotel is not located in the heart of Surfers Paradise but we are, technically speaking, within the Surfers Paradise boundary - albeit we are physically closer to Broadbeach and the Pacific Fair shopping mall.

Thank you once again and all the very best for the pending arrival of the latest addition to your family.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 April 2012

I recently spent one night here and had a room on the 22nd floor with both city and ocean views. Not only were the views incredible but the room itself was very nice, clean and spacious. The room had a nice sized balcony that makes the room that more special.

I had dinner in the revolving restaurant which the views made worthwhile, the food was as good as any you would expect from a buffet. The hotel has a great carpark with plenty of parking spaces.

I would most definately recommend this hotel for all.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank CalM04

Many thanks for posting your review on the 29th April and I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise and I do hope we have the opportunity to be of service to you once again in the not too distant future.

Reviewed 28 April 2012

Stayed in Feb as a last minute Wotif idea. Check in was quick, staff friendly with instructions and the room was lovely. No complaints here. A relaxing night away.

Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank Nathaen M
Reviewed 24 April 2012

This hotel is away from the hustle & bustle of surfers though close to all attractions.

Room Tip: Cheaper rooms are on floors 3-9 so still get great ocean views on the 9th floor.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us recently and for taking the time to post your review (and the great 'room tip'), which is much appreciated. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your visit and I hope you will have the opportunity to return again soon.