Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$136
US$188
US$151
Marriott Hotels
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$132
  • Beachfront
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$135
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$266
US$168
  • Pool
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$185
US$146
  • Pool
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$227
  • Pool
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$188
US$153
  • Restaurant
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$109
1,754 results
All reviewsgold towerrevolving restaurantfour windsrelish restaurantmain towerspa bathflorida gardensroom servicecorner roomtram stopbuffet breakfastking roomlarge bathroomtop flooran upgradeocean viewbit dated
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We purchased one of the Secret Deals through Last Minute. Was not extremely happy in the first instance due to location - it is not Surfers central. But we had a car so it was okay and $10 in a taxi at night when we went out. Hotel is pleasant and homely. Needs a little refurbishment. New carpets and wallpaper would go along way. Would not rate this hotel 5 star anymore just based on the shabbiness if some of the interior - 5 star ten years ago maybe. But overall for the price we payed we were happy with what we got. Nice big room for a hotel and nice spa bath. Bathroom was very nice and beds were comfortable with a few different sized pillows which is always good! View was really nice also!

Ate at the Four Winds revolving restaurant in the evening. Would not eat there again. Food was good but not to the standard expected for a $70 buffet, and view was far to dark to see much if the coast at night.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Katrina T
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2013

Hi Katrina T,

Glad to hear that you enjoyed the size of the room and found the beds and pillow options to your satisfaction.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review after your recent stay with us.

VIctoria

Reviewed 1 August 2013

Where do I start! Have to admit check in was nice and easy lovely receptionist. Car park for the Gold Tower was very small we checked in at about 3pm so was lucky to get a park. The other tower had ample parking. Talk about ghost town though Gold Tower lobby was unattended and hallways empty rather scary walking alone. Had to ask 4 staff how to get to the gym finally someone said you can only use one side of the lifts to get to it!!!

Room was rather small, spa was small for 2 kids. Room was very dated. Now the bad part. Our bed sheets were covered in what looked like cockroach poo or blood!! It was all through both beds. Housekeeping never arrived to look at it, management said they would move us to another room. Eventually we went down to the lobby and checked out as all this took to long. My kids were freaked out and upset to think they slept in it as we hopped in bed after dark and who would think you need to check under the covers!!

I have photos but not sure how to attach them.

Chris was a great help and understanding (thank you) will never return again nor recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank bodkal
DavidMBrown, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Dear bodkal,
Many thanks for your review and obviously I am very disappointed you had such a poor experience with us. I am aware that the Front Office Manager and Executive Housekeeper followed up immediately when you raised your concerns with us. Our pest control contractor was called to investigate the room when you checked out and he could find no evidence whatsoever of the presence of either bed bugs or cockroaches in the room. I am also aware that the Front Office Manager fully refunded your accommodation for the night which you stayed.
I can assure you we go to great lengths to maintain very high standards of cleanliness throughout the hotel - as portrayed by the vast majority of fellow TripAdvisor contributors.
In the meantime, please accept my most sincere apologies for the poor experience which you had and I do hope we have the opportunity to redeem ourselves at some time in the future when you re visit the Gold Coast.
David Brown

Reviewed 31 July 2013

had a weekend away for my friends Bday with her a some of her close friends it was a awesome spot wonderful ocean views surfers all the way to tweed and balcony to sit and soak it in .room lovely, comfy beds and enjoyed buffet for dinner ,just pity breakfast host who greeted us didn't want to look for a table for 6 for us ladies suggested go upstairs without looking .wasn't till we had brief look we saw several spots free and asked ok to sit there pity only thing to ruin our stay but may have been short staffed looking at how busy they were so kind of forgiven I guess to a degree, rest of staff friendly and helpful for the stay !!!

Room Tip: 21st floor corner room large king bed and awesome view spa bath too
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Hello honeymoonersBrisbane,

I'm sorry to hear about your breakfast experience, however the weekends are our busiest time for breakfast and so we cannot always guarantee a spot immediately, however we are usually able to accommodate. The staff would have most certainly seated you if they had available tables (it's likely the empty tables had their occupants up getting their breakfast.).

We thank you for taking the time to to leave us with a review after your recent stays. I'm glad you enjoyed your girls weekend away and loved our views of the ocean and the comfy beds. As well as the view from Four Winds 360 Revolving Restaurant.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

The room was huge compared to other hotels and staff was very friendly. I only stayed one night but I never wanted to leave. Beautiful views and even though I am a smoker I liked how there was designated smoking areas as I dont like the smell of lingering smoke. I plan on going back and am even considering having my wedding there as the grounds were so beautiful. Only problem was the shower head kept falling down. Overall I loved it and would definitely return.

• Stayed: July 2013

Hello mariah_gunter,

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that there was an issue with your shower head - if anything like this happens in the future, please do not hesitate to let staff know and we will have somebody look at it for you.
Additionally, if you would like to email me directly with the details of your stay (including room number) I can ensure that the shower head is looked at.

So happy to hear that you enjoyed the size of your room and the hotel grounds overall. If you do email me directly, I can put you in contact with our Wedding Coordinator, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to your big day.

victoria.thornton@ihg.com

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Stayed 3 nights in the Crowne plaza gold tower, the room was spacious, the bed very comfortable and the bathroom well appointed with marble floors, a corner spa (smallish but adequate) and large mirror with bright lights. the hotel facilities were amazing, 2 outdoor pools (one heated) a spa and lots of places to eat, the rooftop buffet is fantastic with a revolving floor with great views of the whole Gold coast.

Room Tip: Gold tower rooms all face the ocean!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2013

Hi Rob_melb,

Thank you for leaving Trip Advisor readers with your Room Tip for the Gold Tower - it is certainly a worthwhile one!
Thank you for leaving us with your review, glad you enjoyed our Four Winds 360 Revolving Restaurant Seafood and International Buffet with the views over the Gold Coast and Hinterland.

Best wishes,