Good quality hotel, what you would expect from a Crowne Plaza.
However the location is not Surfers Paradise as advertised and about at 25 minute walk from there. It is much closer to Broadbeach which is actually much nicer than Surfers Paradise.
We made the mistake of visiting during "schoolies", the Australian version of Spring Break for 17 and 18 year olds. All of Surfers Paradise had effectively shut down to accommodate for this event and the local area was over run with drunk teenagers - a number of which we're staying at our hotel. Definitely avoid Surfers Paradise during this time!
Self serve laundry facilities available which are cheap and easy to use.
Wifi is ridiculously expensive charged at around $9 for two hours. You can have access to half an hour free in the lobby, however beware you can't use this at separate intervals throughout the day, for the price of this hotel I'd expect wifi at a cheaper rate or free of charge.
On arrival we had to request for the bed sheets on one of the beds in our room to be changed as the bed had crumbs in it and didn't appear to be clean. Our safe wasn't working and we had to call 5 times for someone to fix this.
While overall the hotel amenities were great, we had stayed in cheaper more hostel like accommodation where the service of the staff was much better and more friendly. This hotel is fine if you want a reliable standard of hotel but aren't bothered about friendly staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, IHG, Ebookers, TravelUp, Ctrip TA, Agoda, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, HRS and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia