“Relaxing stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Brisbane, California
“Relaxing stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2014

We had three days at Crown Plaza just recently.. We had a good room with great views through the other skyscrapers enough that you could see the surf. For various reasons we did not move far from the hotel all that we needed was in the vacinity. The tavern next door has a great happy hour with$2 pots. The hotel is an ideal spot right in front of the new tram stop which is due to start in a few months and will take you to Pacific Fair and the Casino. Within walking distance to the beach though the hotel does have a great pool. Breakfast normal run of the mill breakfast Buffett. Revolving restaurant wonderful. We would go back.
Only one real complaint we asked for our car not to be parked underneath as their was a 2 metere hight restriction our vehicle is over 2 mt we agreed to pay the $10 a day valet parking to have the car remain on the hotel drive where their is plenty of room. We had this information highlighted on our valet ticket. You can imagine our horror when we found the next day parked underneath in the car park oh yes it fits was the response by a fraction we found out when we drove it out!

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the ocean high up.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 12 January 2014
Hello Kerrisk,

Happy to see that you enjoyed your room and view after your recent stay with us - what better way to check the surf than from your hotel room?!
We're also pretty excited to have the Light Rail up and running mid-way through this year, especially as their is a stop basically on our door-step! Glad to see that you got to experience the revolving restaurant - some fantastic views up there. I'm sorry to hear that there was a slight issue in regards to the car-parking - I will follow this up for you in regards to the communication breakdown.

I am glad to see that overall you really enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to seeing you again.

Marketing Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Wow - if the only things you really have a sulky moment over are having to call room service a second time for ice not being delivered and the gym being 'unserviceable' early morning you are winning in a hotel these days.
Booked online - easy
Checked in - swift
Room - 308 - low floor but noise free and overlooking the pool some water glimpses
No bathrobes - shame but ok not a spoiler
The ice - yep called twice, arrived in double swift time - win
The gym - yep a disaster. No towels , the wipes for the machines and the water cooler empty. ....and an overpowering chemical smell from the pool area attached via a set of stairs ... We walked up to Anytime fitness in Surfers.
Meals in the resort restaurant - dinner the first night - reasonably priced , fresh and a high quality meal - added bonus friendly and exemplary service.
Breakfast first morning (Sunday only) in the 360 degrees restaurant on the 26th floor - absolutely brilliant view no fuss fresh buffet with your choice of coffees delivered to your table ..
Tapas poolside mid afternoon - 3 plates for $12.50 absolute bargain!
Breakfast second morning - in the pool side restaurant as good as the first morning less the view but with a self serve fresh juice machine .. Awesome!
At each sitting, meal or drinks the staff could not do enough for you..
Free car parking - a bit random - park anywhere - and the car park not secured....
Overall , excellent stay , good value and as always happy to stay at a Crowne.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 9 January 2014
Hello SfnmisSy,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent visit to the Gold Coast. Please accept my apologies for having to call twice in regards to the ice, and the towels not being in the gym when you went to use it. This has been noted and I will follow up on your behalf.

However, I am pleased to see that you thoroughly enjoyed the rest of your stay with us and in particular the restaurants and the meals that you had with.

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to leave us with your reveiw,

best wishes,

Surfers Paradise, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I wish to inform you of an experience I recently had at Four Winds revolving restaurant. Prior to christmas I was informed that my mother wanted to come and spend Christmas with me this year. It was only the second time that I would spend christmas with my mother in 16 years, and only my second christmas dinner/lunch with her in more than 20 years. Wanting to make it very special for the two of us, I phoned Stanley for a reservation, which he informed me was possible for christmas day. Not wanting to miss such an opportunity I immediately went to the restaurant to pay and therefore confirm our christmas lunch. Stanley then gave me a tour of the restaurant and also gave me a detailed description of what we had to look forward to on christmas day, with regards to our arrival, our seating, food, drinks etc. I left the Crowne Plaza looking forward to christmas.

On christmas day we arrived at the hotel at approximately 11.20am. We were led to the bar downstairs where the staff provided us with a welcome drink, making us very comfortable and feeling very welcome. We were then given our table number and made our way to the revolving restaurant. To our amazement, and pleasure we were given a table right up against the glass, therefore having the most amazing view of the Gold Coast. We were served by Sherry, who was such a friendly, polite, and very efficient server, and I am very pleased that we had the fortune of being in Sherry's section. She kept our table clean, restocked, and was very efficient at serving us drinks throughout our lunch.

The food was exceptional, and both my mother and I enjoyed foods that neither of us would normally eat, making for a christmas lunch that I will never forget eating. We found the choices and the quality to be of a very high standard. Stanley even came over to see how our christmas experience was, and, called me by name which made me feel even more of a special guest.

In all my 2013 christmas experience was one that I will truly never ever forget. Your staff are a credit to your hotel because of how well they treat their patrons, and I assume, guests. From the concierge staff that were polite and charged my phone, to the Food and Beverage staff that made us comfortable and welcome. Special mention must go to Stanley and to Sherry for going over the top to ensure that we had a special christmas as mother and son. I ask you please, to pass personal thanks and congratulations to all your staff, and in particular to Stanley and Sherry, because they have made me recommend your hotel, and Four Winds, to many other people. I will definitely be back.

Thank you again for such a special christmas experience

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Hello Aussiebulldog,

Thank you for taking the time to leave Four Winds 360 with such a lovely and extensive review after you dined with us on Christmas Day.

I am so glad to hear that we were able to play a part in making your Christmas Lunch such a memorable one for yourself and your mother.

I have personally passed along your feedback and gratitude to Stanley and the staff of Four Winds 360 and we look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes and a Happy New Year,

Gold Coast, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 December 2013

We stayed at Crowne Plaza (Gold Tower) on Xmas Eve. Not only the room had a fantastic views from the room but also had a very pleasant stay. The check in was very quick and the staff was very nice by asking if we had a car and explained to us where to park. Parking for hotel guests was free.

The room was very clean and large, and it even had a patio overlooking the ocean. Very big comfy bed was really awesome. The spa in the bathroom was nice and we made the full use of that too! What I loved was that we had a separate toilet from bathroom. Talk about privacy!

The hotel is located about 20 minutes walk from central Surfers Paradise so some people may like it as it is not as busy or, some may say it's not convenient. There are few restaurants nearby including Fish & Chips, Sushi, Japanese and Thai, and it is also about 15 minutes walk to Broadbeach which is a nice walk. There is a bus stop right in front of the hotel so it is quite easily access to other areas such as Pacific Fair (about 20 minutes walk), Casino (about 15 minutes walk),Surfers Paradise or even to Sea World.

We only stayed for one night but we wish we had at least a few more nights!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 30 December 2013
Hi shigstar,

Happy to see that you had a happy stay with us over the Christmas break and that you were a fan of the rooms and beds in particular.

I'll pass on your compliments to our staff, thank you for leaving us with a nice thorough review after your stay with us.
We look forward to seeing you again - and for longer!

Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

We only stayed 2 nights but everything was great. We had a family room (2 x double beds) which was nice, clean, and comfortable and the reception and concierge staff were all lovely, polite, and friendly.
We really like the pool and hot tub. The pool had different areas so even if kids were playing noisily in one area, it was possible to float off to a quiet spot under some palms.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 29 December 2013
Hello gillegan,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with a review after your recent stay with us.
So glad to read that you were a big fan of our pool area - it is a hot with the guests, especially the lagoon-like area that is slightly away from it all.

We appreciate your feedback, I will pass along to reception and concierge staff.

Many thanks,

Auckland, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013

We stayed there for a conference that was being run in the hotel. Our room was like any other room in a high quality hotel. We did enjoy the shower (large) and the corner bath (even though we didn't use it, it was appreciated that the option was there). The room had two quite large beds; our two children shared one bed and were very comfortable (7 and 10 year old).
The pool is wonderful and the hotel provides large, fluffy, towels poolside. My sister visited one day and we enjoyed our cocktail by the pool while our children played in the pool.
I can't rave enough about the buffet breakfast. Yum and Yum. Until we had stayed here, the best hotel breakfast for us is provided at the Novotel Auckland Airport (Tainui Holdings). The Crowne Plaza offers what the Novotel has AND, you can make your own fresh juices (beetroot, carrot, ginger, fruit etc). That was an excellent addition.
It's only a block (two at the most) from the beach and though it is on the main road, we were not bothered by any street noise. The bonus to its location was how easy it was to get to the Theme Parks; we walked approx. one block to the bus stop and the bus took us directly to MovieWorld. Saved us keeping a rental car for the entire trip.
I would have given this a five star had the hotel kept a simple first aid kit for guests. Our daughter got 'swimmers' ear' from constant pool swimming and needed pain relief (panadol) and ear drops. We had not packed our own first aid kit (rare for us) so asked for panadol and ear drops at reception. Very surprised that the hotel does not have panadol (or ear drops) and sent us across the road to the petrol station. The Crowne Plaza is a quality hotel and not having something as simple as a panadol seemed at odds with a hotel of its type.

Room Tip: We were on the 12th floor. No noise from the street could be heard.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Hello Robyn M,

Thank you for your in-depth review after staying at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise for a conference that you recently attended. So glad to see that you had a great time with us and that you were a fan of the pool area and the breakfast. We do get some great feedback on our breakfast selection and options and the juicer is definitely a hit!

I am sorry to hear about your daughter and her 'swimmers ear', although we do have a First-Aid kit on site we do not offer oral medication of any kind including panadol/asprin as we are not in a position to prescribe such medication and in the unfortunate instance that someone might have been taking another medication or drug and there are adverse affects as a result. We are situated very close to a petrol station that does carry panadol and asprins so it is available in close proximity to the hotel if required.

Thank you for leaving readers with the great theme park tip as well, with the buses so nearby it does make it nice and easy.

Thank you for your feedback.

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the Crowne Plaza SP during the Xmas week for 3 nights. It was a last minute get away organised 3 days before I got here.

I was able to get a deal worth staying a 20 minute walk from cavil avenue.

The hotel rooms are a little tired with dated decor although the rooms are quite large and have everything you would need to make the stay comfortable.

The hotel has bars and restaurants on site and a pool area that is serviced by the restaurant as well. Prices are very reasonable considering the restaurants around are fairly similar priced. Food quality was great as well.

Daily servicing of the rooms as well as replenishing toiletries and a well stocked mini bar. Prices of the mini bar are cheaper than some of the major bars and pubs in the area.

The pool area is very child friendly and there are pool toys available for kids as well as the kids at heart!

Will definitely consider staying here again in the future.

Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Hello hotwog4all,

Thank you for your review of Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise after your recent stay with us. Thank you for your feedback and I am glad to see that you were a fan of the pool and the pool toys for everyone's enjoyment - we've certainly had some warm weather of late!

Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.