“Nice Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Ranked #8 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

Hotel is nicely located, about 30min walk to Cavill Ave. If you don't want to walk you can get a bus or taxi on the main road. Rooms clean and confortable. Twin room clean and comfortable, ocean views and spa bath. Brekfast was amazing, everything available. Pool area is huge, could do with more sunloungers. If you're looking for something outside the hustle and bustle, I would recommend staying here.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Sa11yMc
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2014

Hello Sa11yMc,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your review and thank you for recommending other travelers this hotel.

So glad to see that you enjoyed breakfast immensely. Thank you for your feedback in regards to the sun loungers.

Marketing Executive

Write a ReviewReviews (1,725)

Reviewed 6 March 2014

I have just returned from (yet another) short break at Crowne Plaza and everything from the moment we arrived till the moment we departed was perfect. I am an IHG member and the little extras that go with this like late check-out was the icing on the cake. I am a very frequent stayer on the Gold Coast and I feel Crowne Plaza tops the list with value and service. I must thank Catherine at reception for putting the cornerstone for our break in place and getting us settled into a beautiful room. Nothing is a problem for the staff and they always do everything with a smile. The rooms still have a beautiful feel, and although not an ultra modern lay out, they ooze classic charm and ambience.
Thanks Catherine and the whole team, you need to be highly praised for your efforts !!
Phil

Room Tip: Any high level room is good, even the hinterland rooms have a great view
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PassportToFreedom

Hello PassportToFreedom,

Thank you for your lovely review of the hotel and our staff - thank you for your loyalty and for being such a great ambassador for the hotel.
Very glad to see that you enjoy the IHG Rewards Club membership extras - nothing beats a late check-out that's for sure!

I will pass along your thanks to Catherine, and the rest of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next stay.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 3 March 2014

Unfortunately the website's pictures are better than the reality. The elevators smell old and musty as does the carpet in my room (king spa suite). The room was obviously not cleaned well with a orange stain of some liquid on the mirror of the toilet and some other persons broken wristband still on the floor. A cheaper but better room in a closer location to the social hub of surfers in far better condition than this place can be had. I stayed at mantra wings with a kitchen, dining table, two bathrooms, balcony with table lounge area and one bedroom with walk in wardrobe for $170 a night last December.

• Stayed: March 2014
Victoria T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Dear Somuchtravelling,

Thank you for posting a review of your recent stay at the hotel. It is disappointing to read that our team failed to deliver on our normally high standards of cleanliness at the hotel. Our new Executive Housekeeper has reviewed your comments with the team and please know that we are completing a full review of our processes to ensure this is not repeated.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss this in more details. We do look forward to having the opportunity to welcome you back.

Ian Pirodon

Reviewed 2 March 2014

I am writing a very belated review of my stay here. I stayed here for my honeymoon in March last year, and I have just booked to return this month for my one year wedding anniversary!
I cannot express how excited my husband and I are about returning to this amazing hotel! I have felt guilty not leaving a review before now.
Our entire trip we honestly felt like we received first class luxury service. From the lovely girl at check in (who arranged for a bottle of bubbly to be sent up, perfectly timed with our room service order!), The fantastic and attentive staff in both the Relish Restaurant, and the Four Winds Revolving Restaurant, our amazing housekeeper (Noni), and all the fantastic smiling staff we encountered through our entire stay!
This hotel is perfect for people who want the beauty of the Gold Coast, while being reclusive enough to feel like you found your own little slice of Paradise.
The rooms in the gold tower may be a little older (I personally prefer them that way), but it doesn't take away from the luxury and cleanliness.
The bathrooms are grand, with the toilet separate. Which is much nicer than trying to enjoy your spa with a toilet in the bathroom.
Mini bars are well stocked with variety, and a great selection on the room service menu!
Wherever you decide to eat here, you won't be disappointed! The room service meals are a cut above most hotels, The buffet breakfast in the relish is decadent! And the Buffet in Four Winds is incredible, with stunning views to match!
The hotel was so great, we only left once during our stay and found it to be a short leisurely stroll (10-15min) to Cavill Ave.
Since staying I have recommended this hotel to family and friends, all who have enjoyed their stays here as much as I have!
We are counting down the days to our next amazing stay!!

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jes M
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Hello Jes O,

Congratulations on your first wedding anniversary and thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza to celebrate at!
Thank you very much for your glowing review of the hotel and our staff. We are certainly pleased to be able to assist in making your honeymoon everything that is was.

We look forward to seeing you again this month for your anniversary.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 2 March 2014

The Crowne Plaza in Surfers Paradise, overall, is really good. The staff are friendly and helpful and the rooms spacious and comfortable.

The hotel is a couple of kilometres from the entertainment precinct around Cavill Avenue. If you are looking for something away from the crowds, this works very well. Even if you want to head that way for a night out, it's only a short cab ride or walk.

The beach is only a short walk and the pool area isn't bad either.

The only thing that really annoyed me was the overpriced internet access. I think it was $20 (or thereabouts) for 24 hours access with a 3GB limit. Ridiculous! I could call Telstra and purchase some extra 4G access for less than that. In fairness, most Australian hotels haven't caught up with the rest of the world in terms of WIFI access so it's not a problem specific only to this hotel.

If you get a good rate (on Wotif or similar) definitely worth staying. I would happily use it again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2014

Hello MagpieJB,

Happy to read that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed our location of being in between Surfers Paradise and Broadbeach.

In regards to the internet, all IHG properties do now offer complimentary internet for IHG Rewards Club members. It is free to join should you wish to take advantage of this.

Thank you for taking the time to leave us with your review and your feedback.

Reviewed 1 March 2014

I would like to thank every staff member especially reception and cleaning ladies for finding and returning my son's toy that accedently got into laundry. This findong saved our holidays that were about to turn into nightmare. The hotel staff was very kind to find our stuffed toy wolf. My son has started to believe in miracelrs again!!!

• Stayed: March 2014

Hello volkulik,

I am so very glad to see that we were able to assist in locating your son's toy and in turn saving your holiday.
Thank you for your kind words and gratitude. I will pass them along to our staff.

Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel is really beautiful and luxury, with clean, comfortable and spacious rooms. It's in a good location and the staff is friendly. It has a nice swimming pool and two good restaurants. The Four Winds 360 revolving restaurant has a wonderful view of Gold Coast and a nice buffet. I recommend the hotel, for sure!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Hello PatriciaBrisbane,

Thank you for your review. It is lovely to see that you had such a nice time with us. The revolving restaurant certainly is a must-do whilst on the coast as we do boast some spectacular views.

Thank you for taking the time to review and recommend us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
Hilton Surfers Paradise
#12 of 33 in Surfers Paradise
1 mi away
Meriton Suites Broadbeach

Been to Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise? Share your experiences!