A cancelled Friday night Virgin flight to Sydney due to weather, in the middle of schoolies week, and your on your own. Fortunately, I had stayed at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise 5 years before, so gave them a ring in a mad panic to try and find somewhere to bed down for the night. They (amazingly) had 3 rooms available (travelling with work colleagues) and we were on our way.
The staff at the front desk were extremely helpful in sorting us out given our predicament. They had us quickly into our rooms with a minimum of fuss. The front desk assistant that checked us in, Cameron, also took our bags to our rooms. At my room, the schoolies party next door was a bit cheery to which Cameron replied that he would have it sorted. And, true to his word, in less than 10 mins the noise was gone.
What I like about this place is the fact that you can open the doors and let the fresh air in. Being cooped up in an air conditioned room is not good for the sinuses, so it was pleasant being able to have the door open for the evening. The early morning sunrise wake up topped it off perfectly.
Next morning it is the usual hotel buffet - hot and delicious and they'll make something special for you if you like. Check out mid morning was a breeze and we were back on our way again.
What I like about this place is that there is a sense of calm amongst the staff. They're probably run ragged behind the scenes, but they don't portray that to the travelling public. They helped us out in a tricky situation (when are the airlines going to learn that you can't leave the traveller on their own when the excuse is weather?) and when we honestly thought we had no chance of staying anywhere in the middle of November, on the Gold Coast.
Next time I return, I may indulge for a few days of R&R. Thank you Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Ebookers, IHG, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia