“Regular IHG guest” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Seymour
“Regular IHG guest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Good solid service and accommodation. The restaurant/bar is very good, but breakfast choice on this occasion struggled due to the large number of tourists. On site parking is convenient. Staff are always courteous and helpful.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Hello John K,

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise and for taking the time to leave us with your review.
We appreciate your complimentary words of our staff, thank you.

All the best,

Marketing Executive

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Brisbane, Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

The room was nice, they accommodated our preference for a higher room, however when we ordered room service the food made us sick. We were both very sick all night and it ruined our couples weekend away.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Ben B,

Thank you for your review and sincere apologies for the recent experience. I would treasure the opportunity to connect with you to get more details about your recent stay and review the service outcomes on the night in question. The hotel follows strict food preparation standards and processes and we are fully HACCP certified. Please contact me at your convenience on email ian.pirodon@ihg.com or telephone 07 5592 9982.

Kind regards,

Ian Pirodon
Townsville, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2014

Definitely wins my vote for where to stay on my next Gold Coast visit. I was fortunate to have a two day work conference at the hotel, the conference facilities were excellent. My room was on 24th floor, magnificent 180 sweeping views from the hinterland to the beautiful beaches and into central Surfers Paradise. The room was lovely, clean, everything you could need. The staff were friendly and even the guy delivering morning newspapers just seemed to like his job enough to have a pleasant chat in elevator, made me want to come and work there! Gorgeous pool with big deck area to lounge around (on my next stay when I dont have a conference!). Relish restaurant was a winner and loved that they would still take orders at 11pm, especially with night life and late planes disrupting normal dinner times. Great breakfast selection, my colleague loved the juicer machine, and the conference catering was excellent. Just have to mention the two glass elevators, my kids would love that experience.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Hello Debbie D,

Thank you so much for leaving us with your review. So glad to hear that you had a successful stay with us for your conference and that you found everything to be so lovely.

We are very lucky in that we have some amazing views and aren't surrounded by other tall buildings, nothing beats waking to the sun rising and seeing that view!

We look forward to welcoming you back when you visit next time with your kids.

Thank you for your feedback, we appreciate you leaving it for us.

Wyong, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

The new rail link has built a station right at the door of the hotel and this will see the Crowne Plaza benefit more than most hotels due to its unique location only one minute to the Convention Center, Broadbeach shops and eateries and the Casino or a minute in the other direction to the 5 Surfers stations.

The Hotel offers two towers one with suites and one with apartments both with amazing meeting rooms and function space.

Being part of the IHG group You know you will get excellent service from Quote to the Event!

Room Tip: Just remember late night revelers will prefer being away from the sunrise and Earlybirds will love t...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Familclub
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Hello Familclub,

Thanks so much for taking the time to leave us with your review after your recent famil with the hotel.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Well this was great, a decent hotel for a nice stay in the Paradise. I got room 1607, which is nicely tucked away from any frequent activity. I was greeted by a friendly guy at reception who was helpful and attentive. I had parked in the car park underneath the hotel which isn't hugely secure as such from unauthorised parking or unauthorised entry but did not feel intimidating or suspicious.

The room was very smart... aside from a slight stain on a curtain, slight water mould on the sealant at the very bottom of the shower and the cabinet door housing the fridge slightly loose on the hinges, I would say this was almost the perfect room!

The layout of the room was very handy, with furniture arranged to maximise space. The study area was very executive-like, as were the bed and décor of the room. I particularly liked the pine door fittings and layout of the area housing the mini bar snacks and tea facilities.

The balcony was somewhat no-frills but the view from the bedroom was quite impressive... some hotels were in the way of the beach view but the cost and review comparisons made me hesitant to book these and I was glad I did as I enjoyed this one very much. It isn't too far from the beach. There are frequent buses here and from what I saw it looks like they are putting in a tram system too.

The bathroom was very pleasant, with the exception of very slight water damage to the base of the shower as mentioned before, and water-scaling on the shower head, the facilities are of great satisfaction. I particularly liked the water pressure of the shower and the spa bath was very relaxing. I was also pleased that, at 6ft 2ins, I could easily fit into the tub.

Room service was easy and efficient. The food I ordered was of generally superb quality, particularly the eggs benedict for breakfast (the only thing that disappointed me were the sausages) and the salmon dish I had in the evening was incredible... they do offer generous servings as well.

Be careful about spending though, the accumulative cost can be quite steep... as well as the room service food, they charge for mini bar and for Wi-Fi so check out bills can be fairly high. I was charged for two bottles/cans of lager (which I don't drink) so you may want to check your final bill before paying.

I wish I went to the revolving restaurant to experience it but I didn't. Let me know how it was if you stay here!

Room Tip: I paid $20 per night to upgrade to a sea view room. Although my 16th floor one was okay, try for the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Hello Eddie C,

Firstly, let me begin by thanking you for such a thorough and in-depth review after your recent stay with us. We appreciate you doing so for our own feedback as well as for other travelers to view.

I will follow up with the Housekeeping department in regards to your feedback in the bathroom. Apologies for the the mistake with the lager on your final room account - was this sorted out for you at the time of check-out? Please contact us if it wasn't. We do offer free internet for all IHG Rewards Club members, and it is free to join, so on your next visit, please just ask one of our staff and we can assist you with joining if you would like.
I am happy to read that you enjoyed your meals in our outlets and from Room Service during your stay, and you'll certainly have to try Four Winds 360 revolving restaurant on your next stay with us.

Many thanks,

Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed for a night on a work trip. My room on the 17 th was huge with corner bath and shower. The bed was very comfortable. The TV reception wasn't as good as it should be.

The staff were lovely.

I didn't get a chance to try any of the amenities or restaurants.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Hello Diana S,

Thank you for leaving us with your review, next time you're back, you'll have to try out one of our restaurants on site. Thank you for your kind words of our staff.

best wishes,

The Entrance, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2014

stayed here for a few nights to begin with. Liked it so much we stayed longer. Staff were great, hotel was great, food was great, location was great.loved it. Stayed elsewhere to save $ but not worth it. We stayed in a few dofferent rooms and they were all up to the same standard and equally as good. Looking forward to staying again :-)

• Stayed March 2014
Hello bdizzle117,

Glad to see that you enjoyed your stay so much that you decided to stay longer! Thank you for leaving us with your review and we look forward to seeing you again.