Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
QT Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$133
US$121
  • Pool
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$105
US$87
  • Restaurant
Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$159
  • Pool
Hilton Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$150
US$134
  • Beachfront
Peppers Soul(Surfers Paradise)
US$342
US$223
Agoda.com
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$97
  • Restaurant
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$135
US$122
  • Beachfront
Q1 Resort and Spa(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$176
US$171
  • Pool
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$92
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$196
US$181
1,768 results
All reviewsgold towerrevolving restaurantfour windsrelish restaurantmain towerspa bathflorida gardensroom servicecorner roomtram stopbuffet breakfastking roomlarge bathroomtop flooran upgradeocean viewbit dated
Reviewed 19 July 2014

We were eagerly looking forward to a 2 night stay at a luxurious 5 star hotel (Gold Tower). Unfortunately, we experienced a nasty incident in a nearby room at 2am, with police attending, that left us very shaken and my wife and 2 young children traumatised by the whole experience. During the incident, I went to reception to request we move to another room.
After a lengthy delay we were given a room that didn't have the kids beds made up so we had to take our own bedding and make the bed. There was no staff support beyond offering to move our bags, despite us wanting to move to a safer location at 3am.
The next morning I spoke to the highly professional duty manager who understood our situation, apologised and kindly offered us complementary breakfast. But to be honest, we were robbed of our sleep and the only full day in Surfers Paradise was not a great one. The room was ok, worn carpet and squeaky toilet door notwithstanding (and I had to take the towels from our previous room) but the kids enjoyed a brief swim in the heated pool. Fortunately, the second night was much quieter and we enjoyed a good night's sleep before a marathon drive home.
Unforgettable in a bad way and we're really disappointed with the whole experience so I can't give more than an average rating this time.

Room Tip: Priority club members get free wifi and a daily newspaper.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Victoria T, Front Office Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 24 July 2014

Dear Rowan W,

Thank you for sharing feedback around your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise with the Trip Advisor community. There was unfortunately an incident that did occur in the hotel which did see our Night Manager and Security team responded accordingly. The nature of the incident did require Police involvement, however had a positive outcome.

Rowan W, I apologise for the disturbance and the inconvenience that was caused. I know that our Night Team worked quickly to arrange a new room for your family to ensure minimal disturbance. I was pleased to hear that you had a restful second night before heading home. I do hope that my team and I will have the opportunity to welcome you and your family back to the hotel when your travels next bring you to the Gold Coast

It would be my pleasure to personally oversee your next stay with us, I look forward to ensuring it is memorable for all the right reasons. Please contact me directly at the hotel or via email: christopher.stokoe@ihg.com

Warm regards,

Christopher Stokoe
Front Office Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

I stayed here with my wife while we were moving house. The room was great and the staff were very pleasant and helpful, especially the concierge who helped us move all our luggage at 6am when we checked out. We ate the buffet on one night and it was great value for money. The seafood was fresh and tasty. We also dined a la carte one night and that was excellent as well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2014

Hello snurglefarb,

Lovely to read that we were able to be a home away from home for you whilst you moved house.

Great to see that Concierge were able to assist you and that you enjoyed our F&B offerings so much.

Thank you for your review.

Kind regards,

Victoria
Marketing Manager

Reviewed 16 July 2014

I was staying in the Crowne Plaza recently for 2 nights on a business trip. I was originally pretty excited as I had heard numerous accounts of the great rooms and service from this line of hotels.

I arrived late at night and was checked in by a young man who was absolutely delightful. Checkin wasvery quick, easy and painless and I made my way up to my room. As I was so tired from a very long day of work I went to sleep. It was when I woke up that I began to notice a few things were a miss.

The first was the clumps of hair in the bathroom sink.
Followed by the used shampoo bottles
Right next to this was a bar of worn down soap complete with left over hair
The icing on the cake though was the crumpled up bit of latex casually tossed in the corner.

In the hotels defence the management on front counter were very accommodating and unbelievably apologetic in resolving the situation. It was just a shame that housekeeping were able to fall so terribly short.

As for everything else to do with the hotel (bathroom aside) the people I did interact with werevery charming, the hotel isfar enough out of surfers that I wasn't kept up all night from party goers on cavill. Even being on a room on the highway side I wasn't able to hear the traffic at all.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sscso
Victoria T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 16 July 2014

Dear SSCO

Thank you for taking the time to post a review and sincere apologies about the terrible Housekeeping experience. I can assure you the whole team & I are very upset that one of our colleagues let you down. We have reviewed the release of rooms process to ensure this does not get repeated. I wanted to take the opportunity to thank you for highlighting the great service behaviours provided by the rest of our team and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next Gold Coast business trip.

Ian Pirodon

Reviewed 15 July 2014 via mobile

I rarely give negative reviews, and in its defense the hotel was nice, location was great and service was what you would expect from a hotel of its calibre. However, the cleanliness of the hotel was appalling! In addition to the bath tub containing hairs and dirt, the cleaning staff forgot to empty a draw of dirty clothes, including a pair of worn underwear. Assuming they were my partners, I handled them like any other clothing - nothing like touching random dirty underwear while trying to relax on a night away. Disgusting, will never return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank QuixotixAU
Victoria T, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Dear QuixotixAU,

Thank you for providing us with valuable feedback - Sincere apologies for the poor experience received in the room. We have shared your review with the Housekeeping team and have taken the time to remediate the actions of the individual who serviced your room. I would love the opportunity to connect with you to discuss this in more details, please do not hesitate to call me or email me on ian.pirodon@ihg.com

Best regards,

Ian Pirodon

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My family and I stayed here last week for 2 nights whilst visiting the Gold Coast, following a disasterous overnight stay at the Mercure in Carrara (only because Crowne Plaza was already fully booked out that night, otherwise we would have stayed here on that night as well!) and as per usual, it was a fantastic stay.

We stayed room 505. In the past we have always booked the lavish Gold Tower, but due to financial restrictions this time round, we had to settle for a 2 x double bed room in the El Dorado tower. We still had a great time. The room looked so clean, inviting and modern when we walked in. The view of Broadbeach, despite only being the 5th floor, was great. We were able to park our car directly next to the elevator in the underground carpark, so access between our car and our room was literally only a lift ride away! Very convenient.

I assumed that because we had not booked the Gold Tower, which usually has in-room spa baths, I would miss out on having a decent bath. However I was pleasantly surprised to walk into the bathroom to still find a lovely big corner bath, and a generously sized shower. I definitely made use of this bath (along with a big block of chocolate) once the kids were asleep!

The TV worked fine, and had a wide range of channels available - both PayTV, and free to air.

Even though it was a windy, cold afternoon, we braved the pool/spa of the main complex, however only ended up using the spa, since the pool was not heated (apparently only the Gold Tower one is, and automatically assumed it was exclusively for Gold Tower guests only?) and freezing cold. Even our 9 year old daughter wasn't game enough to jump in! The spa was nice, although maybe it could have been a bit warmer, if only just for the cold winter months.

My husband arranged a babysitter for our kids for a couple of hours on our first evening there. As lovely as their menu sounded, unfortunately the $69 per head buffet that the Revolving Restaurant was asking was a bit out of our price range, so we had dinner down in the Relish restaurant on the ground floor, which was a little cheaper. The food was delicious, and service was top notch. The evening atmosphere in particular was lovely, with the restaurant overlooking the ambient-lit pool and soothing music playing. My husband and I felt rather spoilt, after having our previous meal with the kids at Hungry Jacks!

Housekeeping did a great job replacing all our towels and tidying up our bed after our first night.

The only negative to our stay was the noisy family who arrived in the room next door at some silly hour of our first night there, and stayed on after we had left. Loud talking, banging, screaming were not uncommon at all hours. Late one night, I could clearly hear a baby playfully knocking/banging on the wall above our kid's double bed (Accompanied by a loud "Ba! Ba! Ba!" :/) and was loud enough to make them stir. This was around 11pm. Not impressed at all with these people, especially when our kids are usually heavy sleepers. A bit of courtesy for their neighbours on their part would have been appreciated! Alas, there was not much neither I, or the hotel, could really do about it.

The location of the hotel continues to be a highlight, given its far enough away from the bustle of Surfers Paradise central to avoid most of the noise, but close enough to only be a short drive away.

Alas, the rest of our stay was brilliant, as per usual, we are always impressed with Crowne Plaza's hospitality. This is why they are our favourite Gold Coast hotel :)

Thanks again Crowne Plaza for everything, and keep up the fantastic work!!!

Room Tip: Go for the Gold Tower if you can afford it! The marble bathrooms and in-room spa baths in the rooms are lavish.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Victoria T, Public Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Hello RedTrinity,

Thank you for such a lovely in-depth review that you have left for us and other travellers. We certainly do appreciate you taking the time to do so, and it is just wonderful to hear from one of our regular guests.

Fantastic to see that you enjoyed your time in the Main Tower on one of the lower floors. I am sorry to hear that you had some noisy guests next to you, please do feel free to call Reception if your rest is being disturbed as we are more than happy to speak to the guests about ensuring noise is kept to a minimum.

The Gold Tower pool can be used by all guests, so please feel free to use it next time and if you're ever not sure or anything, any of our staff would be more than happy to assist.

Thank you for choosing Crowne Plaza Surfers paradise and we do look forward to seeing you again.

Best wishes,