Check in was fast and efficient; the staff friendly. The Crowne has a je ne sais quoi, and is a favourite of mine.
We were part of a large group and they upgraded us to a King room with ocean view on the tenth. It was large and very comfortable. The Crowne is of a considerable age, formerly being the Parkroyal, but she seems to be weathering the years well, if our room was typical of the others. The organising of things for our convention was very satisfactory and the Crowne is well designed to this end. Sleep quality was great; parking is free; breakfast is only your average buffet type, and the hotel is bettered by others for location.
Sadly, I can’t let the issue of internet charges at the Crowne Plaza go unmentioned. It would seem that the management here is happy to be named as another member of the ‘Internet Hit Squad’. To be fair WiFi is free in the lobby but they gouge for the provision of cable in the rooms. Some top end hotels seem to be getting the message these days, but not here and not good enough I’m afraid.
Come on Crowne, you owe it to your customers to get fair dinkum with your internet charges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is set amongst lush tropical gardens. The heart of Surfers Paradise, Broadbeach, Jupiters Casino, surf beaches and some of the best shopping in Queensland are all within walking distance of the hotel. The majority of rooms boast Pacific Ocean views and all rooms have their own balconies. The hotel features two restaurants and bars including Queensland’s only revolving restaurant, Four Winds 360°, 26 floors above the beautiful Gold Coast. The hotels conference facilities can accommodate from 10 to 550 people in a variety of styles. Hotel facilities include two swimming pools (1 heated) with hot spas and sundecks, tennis court and gymnasium. Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise is your starting point for a host of recreational and entertainment activities that vary from theme-parks to championship golf courses to restaurants or non-stop nightlife. Whether you're looking for fun and adventure or simply want to relax and soak up the sun that the Gold Coast is so famous for, you'll find it when you experience Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Crowne Plaza
- Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise Gold Coast, Australia