“Nice Hotel .. in the Middle ..” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise

Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise
Ranked #6 of 33 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
“Nice Hotel .. in the Middle ..”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2010

This hotel was our 3rd stop in Australia; Hotel located on highway … bit far from action however, u can use the bus service to go to surfer paradise, Movie world, Sea World in which the concierge team were so helpful to show how to use the bus services.

I recommend to book the hotel with breakfast service as restaurants and café’s are bit far …

The rooms are wide, clean and the bathroom big with windows over magnificent scenes of the area… Was bit noisy of traffic .. but over all I have great experience.. The recipients and all the staff are helpful and have no issue …

Nice hotel … but my concerns it’s far from action..

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank OrchiBaby

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Vienna, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2010

Wunderschönes,grosses Zimmer, 2 King-Betten,tolle Aussicht auf den Strand.
Badewanne und Dusche,LCD-Flatscreen.Free-Parking
Topqualität, wie von Crown Plaza gewöhnt.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank anholy
Auckland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2010

Stayed 2 nights for business
Room 2212
Large room with 180 degree views
Large bathroom with spa bath
Great bed
Room was very clean
Booked breakfast which arrived on time, was hot and very tasty. Best hotel room-service breakfast I've every had.
Free parking
Fast check-in and check-out
Overall a great hotel and I will stay again

Now for the areas that could use improving:
Internet service was confusing and expensive
$28 for 100Mb in 24hrs, but once you logged off and then log back on, in that 24 hour period, its asks you to pay another $0.10 per Mb for full speed service or it will slow it down until the 100Mb are used.
I was working and needed full speed for Skype and VPN to my office
It should be a daily flat fee for full speed, like every other business friendly hotel

Went to the hotel's Four Winds Revolving Restaurant on the top floor, great views but very average food. I wouldn't bother again

The room next to mine had couples that liked a drink and they had their high volume drinking voices on all night. Even worse was the hallway noise that travelled unrestricted into my room. So every room service delivery and every door knock was noticed. It all stopped by midnight each night, so was bearable.

I still don't understand why hotels are built with such crap sound proofing. Seems like I can hear every noise in a hotel hallway, in 90% of the places I stay around the world

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank BigBlack
Linlithgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2010

stayed in the hotel for a 10 days and cant complain at all about the room or staff, not the most modern hotel room but the service was excellent. The pool and restaurant were great and not bad value, the fact that the internet was not free was a bit of a nuisance but all in all a great stay.

The hotel is located right between surfers and broadbeach so its a good 15 min walk between the two but only a 5 minute walk to the beach which is normally quite quiet.

I would go again

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ckennedy7
Brisbane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2010

I found a great deal online to stay at the hotel for a well deserved long weekend, whilst booking the room the description said rate is for double or king room and leave special requests in guest comments, so I requested the king room for my partner and I to share. Few days before the trip I called the hotel to inquire about my request about the king room and was told I can request it upon check in. BUT when I got there and requested it I was told it is not the procedure even though I have my request in writing printed on my booking confirmation. The staff who checked me in even commented on how little I'm paying for the room but fortunately he stopped himself before he became too rude.
Anyways, I got my king room.
My partner and I decided to order room service for the first night instead of going out, the ordering of the food wasn't the problem, but the order came wrong and we had to shuffle food around so we got what we wanted, and the food actually arrived cold (my partner's steak and my fish). Despite the coldness, it was yummy.
Back to the counter while checking out, a different staff helped me but still there was no smile, no thank you and no hope you enjoyed your stay.
On the plus side, the hotel is located conveniently close to surfers and a beach and has a great view (even the bathroom has a good view!). And the room was very spacious with a lot of walk and storage space.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank jaja_rita
Queensland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2010

I stayed here years ago before the renovation. Although the exterior and public areas look similar the rooms have been thoroughly modernised.

We stayed in an executive king room. The ocean view is more side on but you can see the ocean from your lounge or the balcony. The room had a large bathroom with a curved window around the bath looking out over the hinterland.

The revolving restaurant fourwinds is worth a visit for the views. The food is average but the views make up for it.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CharlesDP
Klang, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2010

I would seriously recommend this hotel especially the King Superior room for honeymooners. My wife and I chose this hotel for our honeymoon and first trip to Gold Coast and we were so happy when we checked into our room. It was a huge room, with a nice big bathroom that provided us with separate shower, bath tub with jacuzzi, and mirrors all over. The room itself provided us with a 42" LCD TV, huge bed, tea making facilities, ironing facilities and enough space for us to play hide and seek.
The room came with this huge balcony, that oversees both surfers paradise, and the sea. It was all we could ask for a memorable honeymoon.
The hotel also provided us with complimentary drinks since it was our honeymoon.
We booked this hotel online about 2 months prior to going there, so we got good online deals ~ about AUD 139 per night
The only downside was that there was construction going on nearby, so sometimes it would get a bit noisy. Also, to stay here, I would seriously suggest to rent a car because it's 2 km away from Surfers Paradise. We rented from Cut Price Car Rentals and they provided us with an excellent car.
We would definitely go back to this hotel in the near future!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled as a couple