“Not at all what I had expected or hope for.”
Review of Chateau Beachside

Chateau Beachside
Reviewed 3 January 2013

I believe the owners and management staff of these units try hard to do with what they have - every effort is made in up keeping cleaniness and tidiness, but in my opinion the hotel is old and not worthy of charging rates of which we have unexpectly paid. I am aware during our stay it was peak seasons and prices are inflated due to demands but in comparison to our stay prior to Chateau Beachside (CB),(4 days prior) unfortunately for CB it was like comparing chalk to cheese on all aspect. Sorry to say but CB is at best a road side Motel piled high. There are markets for this stlye accomodation but selling yourself at premium prices especially when we go off pictures is dishearting for my hard earn dollar. All this and few other minor issues I willingly dismissed as acceptable but others may not.

• Stayed: December 2012
Write a ReviewReviews (1,740)

Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

Right on tha beach only a block away from Cavill Ave. Walk to everything. Not tha cheapest but on par and well worth it. Even had our room serviced by surprise a few days in. They're pretty big on no visitors after 10:00 pm and keeping the noise down as there are also residents. Good security too.

Reviewed 29 December 2012

We stayed recently over Xmas Eve & Xmas Day for a great price. The accommodation was clean and tidy and the staff were friendly. Whilst the rooms are a bit tired and in need of some work (but this was reflected in the price) the views from the room distract from this completely. The location is fantastic and the views are sensational. We had ocean and some hinterland views and these couldn't be beaten.
We didn't really use many of the onsite facilities while there so cant comment on the pool/sauna etc. The restaurant was great value and quality of food.
I will definitely stay at this hotel again next time I need accommodation on the Gold Coast and can recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: We booked an ocean view room - definitely worth it
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank JudeH803
Reviewed 21 December 2012

My husband and i arrived at the hotel early at 10.30am. The reception staff was very friendly and got us to drop our suitcases. We went off to do some water activities and had to access our suitcases several times, but the reception was very patient and opened up the storage room a few times for us.

The room was clean and had all basic amenities. Location was fabulous and we had a great view of the ocean. Shops were easily accessible. I would recommend it to those who want to be near the beach and is looking for a good for value accommodation.

2  Thank Rhapsody_rac
Reviewed 17 December 2012

Well, another great stay at Chateau Beachside, have stayed there twice previously and this time around was no different to my previous great experiences - we love the place.

The hotel itself is older (as most on the GC are) but the refurbishments to the reception area and restaurant downstairs are great. The reception is a large open modern area with friendly staff. Last time I stayed the restaurant was being re-furbished and wow, what a difference this time around - modern, spacious, delicious! The buffet breakfast is a bargain (about $10 ea from memory) and delicious - I want your devilled saussage recipe, where can I get it?! :)

I've always stayed in the studio apartment rooms and never had any issues. This time around I was in one of the older non-refurbished rooms (got a nice new one last time) but didnt bother me, was a quick stay and didnt spend much time in my room. Level 10, facing the pool with awesome beach views as per usual.

Free on-site secure car parking is great, the big heated pool, the warm spa, sauna, steam room all fantastic. The tiled area around the pool could use a little make-over soon but I'm sure the Chateau management are looking at what they can do to spruce that area up a little over time anyway - in saying that, there's nothing actually wrong with it currently.

In summary, the Chateau is a great hotel for a great price if you want something comfortable, close to everything (literally 20m from the beach), and secure parking - we we have been back many times and will continue to come back, thanks again for a great stay Chateau.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jaymz_82
Reviewed 11 December 2012

My lovely partner recommended the Chateau after previous visits and I wasn't disappointed, beautiful rooms, views to remember, excellent location and friendly staff. Spent many hours lounging by the pool and a few more enjoying great food and drinks at the bar. I'll be staying there next time I'm in the Goldcoast and highly recommend the beachside as a holiday destination. Easy access to the beach, nightlife and shopping district.Thoroughly enjoyed my stay and can't wait to get back there ..my little paradise.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank JezVoip
Reviewed 22 November 2012

I've stayed at a lot of hotels and this is by far the worst! Staff are rude and rooms need to be re- furbished. We stayed here for 3 nights and was charged $500 for bond which was a little excessive. We were made ID cards due to schoolies week and was quoted $25 for a replacement when I lost it! Biggest ripoff considering it only takes a minute to photocopy, cut and laminate! Upon checkout, another guest at reception had lost his ID card and was quoted $5 for a replacement by the same grumpy old lady behind the desk! The place needs to upgrade to a swipe card access system as it will cost you $200 to get the locksmith out if you lose your keys!

Rooms are a little outdated and dirty. We stayed in a one bedroom apartment facing the beach. We had wires sticking out from the bedroom power point and windows needed cleaning as we could barely see through them. Location and views to the beach are the only positives to this place. This is my first ever review as I don't complain much, but I could not hold back my disappointment and dissatisfaction about this place! To all other travellers stay far away from this hotel! There are plenty of other hotels around Surfers that are around the same price and are better value and service.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Brothers11
Chateau2012, Manager at Chateau Beachside, responded to this reviewResponded 27 November 2012

In respect of your comments, you are correct to point out that we need to upgrade our "key system" and to clean the windows - the contract to clean the exterior windows has been let by the Body Corporate and they will be done within the next few weeks. Also, we are currently obtaining quotes and preparing a Report on changing to a card system for the locks, but as we have over 110 owners, the wheels can move quite slowly.
In respect of the $500 Security Deposit you described as "quite steep", you were aware of the amount prior to arriving. Also, you were advised the cost of replacing "lost Security Cards" was $25.00. You were here during the annual Schoolies period, when we, and probably all other Surfers Paradise Accommodation properties implement additional "House Rules" for the benefit of all occupants of the Building, and the increased Security Deposit of $500 is part of the changed policies during this time. You conveniently omitted to say that you were NOT charged for your initial Security Card ($0.00) , and the $25.00 Replacement Cost is intended to reduce the incidence of lost cards and persons giving or selling their cards to "mates" to allow access to the Building. The issue and control of Security Cards during this period is vitally important, and replacing lost cards poses a security risk, apart from the cost of replacing them. The person who was charged $5.00 for their card was a Visitor of a permanent Tenant, and had not previously been issued with a card - and their card was for limited dail access only.