“Love this hotel every time I visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chateau Beachside

Chateau Beachside
Sydney, Australia
“Love this hotel every time I visit”
Reviewed 26 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel isn't modern but has a homely/ beachy theme. The staff are very friendly and helpful.
The rooms are always clean and spacious every time I visit.
I've
Only ever asked for beach views since it's right across the road from the beach, love it!
The Buffett beach fast is one of the best I've been to and it's great bauble for money
If you are

Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
Chateau2012, Manager at Chateau Beachside, responded to this review, 28 October 2013
I cant agree more - the beachfront units are pretty special and the views are spectacular.

Hope to see you next time your on the Gold Coast.

Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (309)
  • Korean first
The Entrance, Australia
Reviewed 25 October 2013

I am a travel agent and travelled to the hotel October 2014 and was very please with the customer service I received. staff were happy to answer any questions. I requested a room that had great ocean view and was put in exactly what I request!
the pool was outstanding having a shallow end for children and a deep end for the older kids. there is a small play equipment for the little kids as well as 2 spas, steam room and sauna!
There is a beach front café right at the entrance of the hotel, which is great.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ayla g
Chateau2012, Manager at Chateau Beachside, responded to this review, 26 October 2013
Thank you for your great review.

So glad that you had a great holiday and I will pass on your comments to the cleaning staff and the reception staff. We do try to offer a great value holiday for everyone.

Hope to see you back at the Chateau next time your on the Gold Coast.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 19 October 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a last minute getaway to the Gold Coast where we stayed at the Chateau! We called the day before to check availability and left a message, not really expecting a return call but we were called back within the hour by one of the friendly reception girls who was very apologetic for the delay. We were just happy with a return call to be honest and even more happy how helpful and informative she was answering all questions no matter how silly they were. She sold us on a ocean studio room.

When we arrived reception was busy with a few other guests checkin in at the same time. We were surprised to be greeted instantly even though they were clearly busy and rushing about. This display of good hospitality was a sign of good things to come. We were checked in by Lisa/Liza(can't remember sorry!) who remembered talking and doing our reservation. She greeted us with great warmth and very friendly service. Even though it was evident just how busy she was she still smiled and made sure we were informed of all we need to know. The studio room was fantastic with amazing views, we we're lucky enough to see whales. The room was a bit dated but for the price we weren't expecting much more anyhow but the views and service certainly would have made up for it if we had high expectations. The only complaint would be to be a bit more clearer about the housekeeping and how daily services are not done unless we ask and pay. I now see it is stated on your website but as we booked directly we were told self serviced apartments but we didn't really understand what that meant.

So yeah all and all it was definatly the best choice for our last minute getaway with its SENSATIONAL location, decent rooms, the great facilities (more than one spa and big ones too means no awkward moments with other guests joining in haha) and with more than accommodating staff! Thanks guys because of the exceptional customer service we will be sure to be return guests!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Chateau2012, Manager at Chateau Beachside, responded to this review, 23 October 2013
Thank you for your positive comments and feedback.

We definitely have one of the best locations in town. I'm also pleased to see you gave us high marks for cleanliness. Our housekeeping staff work hard to keep the rooms in top condition and I will pass your comments and feedback to them.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Chateau on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 17 October 2013

My husband and I spent one night here in October. We paid $117 a night and I believe we were robbed. We arrived with all doors locked and after ringing up the doors opened and a very friendly man greeted us and gave us our keys and directions to our room.
At first I thought the man was really friendly and welcoming but then I was a little shocked that we were simply told where our room was and wasn't escorted like at all other resorts/hotels we've stayed at.
Once we reached our room, the door knob seemed very weak and I was a little worried about our belongings, however, we used the key to open the door and entered the room. Shocked doesn't begin to describe what we felt. The room was tired, worn out & just old, older than my grandfather it seemed. The bed was located right next to the door and the kitchen/dining/lounge was furthest from entry. The bathrooms were quite worn out too, drawer & cupboard handles rusted. I would definitely reconsider booking this hotel.

PROS:
* Close to Cavil Ave. - main surfers paradise hub/strip
* Close to the Beach
* Close to local transport
* Friendly staff
* Close to cheap eats

CONS:
* Room is extremely tired along with it's furniture
* Room structure is poor
* Air con is very noisy and only turns on/off, can't set the temperature
* Bed is very uncomfortable
* Pillows are flat
* Shower water pressure isn't great
* Area outside room & lift area smells funky/mouldy
* Kitchen appliances were slightly dirty
* Dust everywhere
* Tiles weren't clean, had mould on grout

This place is not 4*, not 3*. I would give it 1*. Save your money and go elsewhere.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nuzakat
We appreciate your feedback about your recent stay. I am glad to hear that the staff were friendly and helpful to you during your stay.

I do apologise for the problems you experienced though and I have made a complete list of the problems you experienced during your stay and am reviewing our maintenance schedules to ensure these problems are rectified immediately.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

Just checked in for 8 days relaxing stay as part of our honeymoon before the baby arrives.About 2 months ago, we booked this Surfers apartment for 7 nights stay.It is our honeymoon again before the baby arrives. Along with the reservation, I have written a lengthy and accepting email to request for a higher floor as we want to have a rather quite and relaxing holidays. Everything seems fine as we have made this request about 2 months ago. To be sure to be sure, we then followed up with a phone call on Tuesday 15 October 2013, two days before our arrival and were advised by the hotel reservation lady 'Ligga' that our request has been noted but no guarantee of giving us a higher floor in the double digit, meaning level 10 and above . There are 18 floors at this place . However she said there should be ok since we are staying for 7 nights. We arrived today and was told we are given a very low floor. The reason being we should have booked or call them directly . Also the requests are only as requests and promises made by the Chateau can not be honoured since the allocation of rooms is done on a day to day basis. The receptionist Alisha said that she spent 3 hours last night to allocate the rooms and hence cannot and would not be changed. Please note. I have stayed a few places in Surfers over the last 20 years and have seen mainly good customer services . Unfortunately this is not the case here. A great disappointment and i wish that I had not experience this today. My tip: do not book with their affiliates , go direct . As for their promises made, well... get it in writings.

• Stayed October 2013
2 Thank RichardFCPA
Thank you for your feedback of your stay at Chateau Beachside.

Unfortunately we are unable to accommodate everyones requests for high floors. Even though Chateau is 18 floors we do not have all the units on all the floors. Also it is extremely busy with V8 series this week and we have had a lot of bookings that have been made up to 6 months in advance. We try to accommodate all guests requests and note that you were on level 7 which is as high as we could manage for the duration of your stay.

Also note that we have renovations in the building and we have tried to put the guests staying for a length of time away from the noise from these renovations which was another reason why we did not put you higher which you would then have had the noise factor.

I do apologise that the staff did not explain these issues to you more thoroughly on your checkin and hope that you still managed to have a restful stay at the Chateau.

Adelaide, Australia
Reviewed 14 October 2013

Credit where credit is due, the location is fantastic. Unfortunately, this covers the positives we took from our stay at Chateau Beachside. It is tired and worn out, poorly equipped and staff were generally inappropriate for a customer service role.

First impressions, our room had not been cleaned since the previous guests had vacated. Staff were quick to provide a new room, however were not exactly sincere. The room we got was spacious, bright and home to a great view but we were disappointed to find the furnishings and room dressings were run down and outdated, a far cry from the pictures we had viewed when booking the room. We were uncomfortable, the room felt messy and dirty.

We had another negative experience when we asked to use the printing facilities provided by the hotel. When asked, we told them we needed to print out our theme park tickets we had purchased online. With this, the staff informed us, none too politely, that we were unable to print tickets with their printer as they sell theme park tickets of their own. What ever happened to the consumers' right to choice?

In conclusion, we were disappointed with the standard we received. The hotel is not worthy of the 3 or 4 stars it boasts, depending on the website, nor the price we paid for the low quality accomodation. Spend a bit more elsewhere to ensure a better standard (as we ended up doing), or save yourself a bit of cash and stay in a hostel where you can expect a similar level of service and cleanliness.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank evans_jl
Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback of your stay at Chateau Beachside.

I can agree that our position is one of the best locations on the Gold Coast. I am sorry your stay was not as enjoyable as you were hoping. Unfortunately all our units are owned by individual owners and are therefore furnished individually which can be disappointing for guests. We try to ensure that all our units are of a 3.5 star standard and feel that we do accomplish this.

We try to provide value for money and offer a lot of complimentary items including free DVD hire, free wifi, and free carparking. We also have some great facilities including heated swimming pool, 3 outdoor spas, sauna, steam room, gymnasium, games room etc.

Once again I apologise that our resort did not measure up to your standards.

Reviewed 12 October 2013 via mobile

We stayed for three nights for my birthday and had a great time. This building is very old and tired, so if your looking for a modern building with modern features this is not the place for you.

Whilst this building could do with a lick of paint and new furniture we really loved it. The view from our room on the 15th floor was sensational! There are so many windows all with a great view I didn't know where to look! We had some beautiful sunrises at 5am! Worth waking up for. We loved that we could hear the waves crashing from our bed.

I would have given it 5 out of 5 if the decor/furniture was a little better. It was clean, had everything we needed, no fancy extras but that's ok. Only thing was I would have liked a towel change as by the end if the three days it didn't really ever dry out.

Great place to stay if you don't want all the fancy extras but you want the best views ever!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Deirdre O
I'm pleased to read that we were able to play a part in making your getaway an enjoyable one. Its great that the location and facilities suited you and that your room was comfortable. The views are pretty amazing I must admit. Our aim is to cater for a variety of travellers and we do manage to keep the prices low and we have found most guests would prefer to "look after themselves" and save a little money for their entertainment etc.

We hope to welcome you back to Chateau on your next visit to the Gold Coast.