“Absolutely love this hotel!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Chateau Beachside

Chateau Beachside
Melbourne, Australia
“Absolutely love this hotel!!!”
Reviewed 10 January 2014

I have stayed at this hotel many times as a child with my parents and as an adult this is my 3rd stay here. I love it here! It is located in a great spot away from the noise of cavill ave and right across from the beach. The facilities at the hotel are great! The staff are very welcoming and friendly and I will continue to book my stay at this hotel for any future trips I take to Surfers!!!

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Leah_1984_chloe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Korean first
Dundalk, Ireland
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed in Chateau Beachside for 3 nights in mid December 2013. I chose this hotel due to its location, I wanted to be right beside the beach and I was not disappointed.

We were on the 5th floor with beautiful sea views. The room did not have air-conditioning so we needed to leave a window open at night, but Surfer Paradise wakes around 5am. The noise of the road below wasn’t to bad but we could not sleep through the cleaning of the beach each morning.

The location of the hotel is brilliant, an easy 5 minute walk to the shopping centre and restaurants. There is onsite car parking if you need it.

The pool was lovely and clean with plenty of sun lounges available.

The kitchen has everything you need, toaster, kettle, fridge, cutlery, plates etc.

The room is a bit dated and the windows did need to be cleaned but other than that the hotel was spotless. I would recommend if you want the sea views, but not for a good nights sleep.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank rokocoko
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Great Location, in the heart of Surfers, Parking a little tight but once you're in no need to drive. You can walk all over the CBD even Groceries. The room was spectacular but unfortunately no aircon but being on the top floor we could open the balcony door and let the summer breeze cool us down. Pool was great, quite deep one end and nice and shallow for the kids on the other, so we had endless hours by the poolside. Restaurant/bistro was pretty good very convenient. Overall looked a little tired but we had a great time. Games room with Table Tennis was fun but so damned HOT with no zircon working :(

Room Tip: Ask for the TOP
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Saos
Brisbane
Reviewed 6 January 2014

My husband and I decided to escape the hottest day of the year (43 degrees) on Jan 4 and head off to the Gold Coast for the night. We wanted something close to the beach and close to Surfers Paradise. The Chateau Beach side was definitely the right choice for all the amenities we were after. It has permanent residents as well as holidaymakers so its a shared Apartment complex. It is right across the road from Main Beach and right near Cavill Ave. It has free car accommodation as well.

We stayed in a Studio Room 906 which was quite large. It was North facing so we had a pool view and a beach view. It wasnt beach front but it was enough for us. It had a Double bed and a sofa bed which they had also made up for us. The sheets were 'crispy clean' and it had a beautiful sea breeze the whole time we were there. There is no air con but the sea breeze was beautiful. It has a balcony rail which is just outside the sliding doors. We sat at the dining room table and enjoyed the views. Just Lovely

It has an equipped kitchen with toaster, jug, fridge, microwave, cutlery, glasses and everything
you will need for a comfortable stay. Complimentary tea, coffee and milk. There is a flat screen
Tv, free Wifi and dvd palyer. Bathroom was clean. The apartment is a bit dated but still clean and comfortable. There is a games room downstairs for the kids and a swimming pool, Jacuzzi, Spa, bbq area and downstairs showers and toilets.

The apartments do not get serviced daily but you can make a request. Beach towels and extra towels are provided for a fee. The Reception staff we very friendly and because our room was ready we were able to have an early check in. The price was reasonable and we really enjoyed our stay. Sometimes we stay at 5 star hotels and always feel as if we are there by ourselves so we thought wed try something a bit more lively and cheaper and were very surprised. We met some nice people down by the Bar- B -Q and overall enjoyed our stay.

I have given a 3 star as there was no air con in this room, the rooms are not serviced daily and it is abit dated. I wouldve given 3.5 but there are no half ratings.

Definately stay here for the best budget accommodation in Surfers! The Chateau Beachside is better than some 4-5 star hotels that I have stayed at. We will definately be back!

Thanks heaps to the staff for your friendly and helpful attitudes :)

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Smeeeagain
sydney
Reviewed 6 January 2014

The staff are obnoxious and I felt very discrimintated against. They made judgments about our child and when I said that they were wrong they were not prepared to accept it. They over charged me and when I called to complain they said that they assumptons and were not prepared to refund and simply hung up the phone. I would not recomment this to anyone and in-fact stay away this is a horror hotel!!

8 Thank ciscoSydney
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 5 January 2014

We had a week long vacation and enjoyed superb ocean view while staying here. perfect location if you want to enjoy surfers paradise. Price is also reasonable compared to other places. Hotel room need some urgent renovation though.

Room Tip: Rooms with ocean view are the best.
1 Thank 1_Mamun_C_1
Frankston, Australia
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Not the first time and certainly won't be the last time I stay at the Chateau Beachside. Location would have to be the main draw card and the thing you're paying for. It's certainly not cheap. Directly opposite the beach just 1 block down from the famous Cavil Ave, you just can't get better than that. You're in the heart of it and really don't need a car, there's electric bikes, scooters for hire cheap to get you around, great bus network, etc. Roads are always busy anyway.

Vast majority of the staff are really nice, helpful, always got a smile on their dial. Safe and pretty clean building to be staying in. They were also really good to let friends / family park in the building a coupla times as we didn't use a car spot.

Was staying with my son again this time and they were good to him as always, also other kids around and they all quickly make friends and have a great time.

If there's a negative apart from price I'd have to say more attention to detail on cleaning. Windows especially those facing the beach hadn't been cleaned in a long time and were difficult to see out of, also things like wall tiles needed cleaning and I had to wash all dishes first after noticing lipstick on a glass.

All in all tho another great time...Thanks...

Room Tip: I prefer beach and pool facing rooms...
1 Thank Lawrence W