I booked a 4 bed dorm over the phone but the staffs put me in a 6 beds dorm when we arrived. That was fine & they placed us in the room near the gate (entrance). The ensuite room is simple & basic. The toilet is quite small but the shower is ok. My room's toilet's window can't shut properly which I think the block opposite can see you easily. If you ever booked this hostel, ask for a room away from the main entrance as the noise of people talking can wake you up easily when they return from bar in the middle of the night. It can also wake you up when people are chatting in the morning right in front of the gate which I find is very annoying. It didn't happen every night, just a couple of nights of our stay, still.........
The up side of this hostel is the staffs, excellent & helpful. The hostel is also located about 10 mins walking from town center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- LOVE THE BEACH! GOT THE LOCATION! Come Home to the best Hostel On the Gold Goast.All Dorms and En suites have been fully renovated.FREE UNLIMITED WIFI AND FREE INTERNET COMPUTERS.Surf n Sun is the only hostel in Surfers Paradise with a fabulous 'beachside' location.If you love the beach well we have the location.Just 30 seconds walk from our hostel to the golden sands of surfers Paradise Beach Voted No 4 Hostel in Australia Hoscar Awards 2012If you want the true backpacking experience that is friendly and fun then come home to* Free WiFi* Free Washing* Free Body Boards* Free Movies* Free Tea and Sugar* Play the wii* Free linen* Free Blankets* Free Towels* Free Nights out and Free Drinks* No Deposits for the kitcken!! all plates, cups, bowls etc are free . * Free bag storage* Free use of the B.B.Q* Surfboard Hire* Free pick up and drop off* Cheap Drink at the Hostel Bar 'The Surf Shack'Free WiFi and Free Laundry to hostelworld Guests.(Please ask at reception,conditions apply)Lonely Planet - 'The Epitome of Surfers Paradise wrapped up in one big bundle of backpacker heaven.With an emphasis on fun and frivolity and staff that love to party, it's no wonder that rooms here get booked up well in advance'.Backpackers have traditionally voted with their feet. That's why this family owned and operated hostel, has been the No 1 hostel for travellers from all over the world, for over 20 years. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Agoda and HostelWorld so you can book your Surf N Sun Beachside Backpackers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surf n Sun Beachside Backpackers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surf N Sun Beachside Backpackers Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia