Surf N Sun Beachside Backpackers
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Novotel Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)
US$136
US$109
  • Beachfront
Crowne Plaza Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
CrownePlaza.com
  • Restaurant
Mantra on View Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$165
US$135
  • Restaurant
Vibe Hotel Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$85
US$74
  • Restaurant
Mantra Circle on Cavill(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$167
  • Pool
Mantra Sun City(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$111
US$106
  • Pool
Watermark Hotel & Spa Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Restaurant
Paradise Resort Gold Coast(Surfers Paradise)
US$194
US$153
  • Restaurant
Wyndham Surfers Paradise(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$134
  • Pool
Mantra Legends Hotel(Surfers Paradise)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$109
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfree tea and coffeefree wifithrough hostelworldevents organisedplay moviesbig nightbed dormtoilet and showerminute walkbus stationkitchen areastayed here for nightsbottle shoptvaustraliagoonrep
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 February 2009

Had a depressing night in the sun n surf..our room was dirty and really basic. The people in the room coughed all night aswell so me and two friends were lucky to get out of there alive really. The bathroom was really small and not somewhere you wanted to stay in too long. The kitchen was fairly dirty there, although the staff did make a nice meal for us. Only go here if you want to party with a younger immature crowd.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank travelbirdLondon
Reviewed 27 July 2008

stayed there for 4 nights and loved it!
room was clean as was the en suite toilet and kitchen area
every1 gets a tour upon arrival which makes you feel really welcome
staff were great and make you feel at home and were really knowledgeable about trips etc and everything the reccomended us to do was great!
good communal area but a bit of pain it closes at 10pm, this is meant to be an attempt to get you to go on the hostels pub crawls etc
we went on one of these which is a bit of a benidorm type trip but was a good night nevertheless
location is slightly outiside the centre of town but its a 5-10 minute walk which is nothing at all really
loved this place and it really was one of the best places i stayed in oz!

Stayed: July 2008
1  Thank gholms
Reviewed 11 July 2008

When I stayed this hostel,it is rain and this kithhen is the leaky roof.
this kithen knife is a dull and kithen is dirty.
a lot of cockroach is in the kithen and in the room.
I payed a week in the morning,but I couldn't enter here untill 2pm, so i went out and come back here,but this reception clerk forgot it and said you need to pay the money.i explained that i already payed it,but she didn't apologized me.
when I went out my room in the night,someone sleeped my bed room,and this staff took off my bag in the shed twice.
I won't stay this hostel again!!!!!!
I really get angry this staff.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank kenkentama
Reviewed 8 February 2008

Had an amazing time at this hostel. We booked to stay in a double, and were put into an apartment with a girl who worked on the tour desk. The flat was fantastic, had a large tv, huge sofa's, bath, and fitted kitchen. We were a 1 minute (if that) walk away from the main hostel.

The hostel is self was also good. The kitchen was large enough for a few people to be cooking at the same time. Front desk staff very helpful. TV room was large and comfy, with free DVD's. The pool was excellent, very clean.

Overall had a great time at Surf N Sun, would highly recommend it. The price was also very reasonable, and the location fantastic.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank Oz08
A TripAdvisor Member
Venray, the Netherlands
Reviewed 19 February 2004

I came into Surfers with the idea to catch some waves, but instead I went out partying with the most friendly staff I've met so far travelling!!!Good clean accomodation and one hell of an atmosphere!!! I recommend it to everyone!!!

2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member