“Degustation meal.... yummo”
Review of Seaduction

Seaduction
Reserve with
Seaduction is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$15 - US$33
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: As one of the Gold Coast's premier,hatted restaurants, Seaduction Restaurant + Bar has an elegance all of its own. The acclaimed menu is superbly complemented by an intimate wine-tasting room, private dining room and bar.Resisting the seductive aromas conjured by Executive Chef James Fiske and his team at Seaduction Restaurant + Bar will prove impossible. Once you've tasted the handcrafted cuisine of our hatted restaurant you're sure to return.
Ormeau, Queensland, Australia
“Degustation meal.... yummo”
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I was lucky enough to score a free dinner off a company i was working for, so i didn't hold high hopes. we decided mid week was our best chance of a quiet evening. myself and my wife. we were very happy with what we got! we were seated along the long window overlooking the water and treated to 2 hrs of delicious food and fantastic accompanied wines. definitely a great midweek place for a bit of romance.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Brett K
Adam T, General Manager at Seaduction, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear Brett K,

I am delighted to hear that you were pleasantly surprised with your Seaduction experience!

It sounds as though you have a very good boss indeed for looking after you.

We appreciate you sharing your feedback in this forum, and look forward to welcoming you back again perhaps in the future.

Brisbane, Australia
“Alucinante! Amazing!”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had one of the best dinner experiences ever! We were celebrating our 6th aniversary and the wholevtime the waiters and staff were so nice and detailed that it was lovely!
And the food, just amazing! True sensorial, flavour and quality masterpieces!
Thanks so much for making our day sooo special! Would really recommend it and go back!

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank MartaP172014
Adam T, General Manager at Seaduction, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
Dear MartaP172014,

Happy Anniversary!

Thank you so much for choosing to celebrate such an important occasion with us. I am delighted that the team looked after you so well and left you with such a memorable experience.

I do hope we see you again to help you celebrate yet another special event.

Surfers Paradise, Australia
“To die for”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

From the Time we arrived the staff were bubbly friendly and inviting, walking through the restaurant to be seat was an absolute delight the atmosphere was fun and vibrant with a great décor and views of the beach. We had the degustation with wine and would highly recommend it the food was sensational visually and only out done by it flavour. One of only a few restaurants on the Gold Coast that does quality food with the service to match. I would highly recommend as a must for foodies on the Gold Coast.

Visited February 2014
Adam T, General Manager at Seaduction, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Mickeyboi,

Thank you for choosing to dine with us at Seaduction. We know the Gold Coast has a lot of restaurant offerings, and we aim to be among the best of them.

I am pleased that Steve, Kathryn and the team ensured you had a memorable experience.

I look forward to welcoming you back next time.

phuket
“Fantastic”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

The lunch and dinner menus are both great. Never had a disappointing meal, last time had the degustation and definitely recommend it. Service is great and has a lovely atmosphere. One of only a few restaurants on the Gold Coast that does quality food. My mum did order a rare tuna steak and it came out well done, which they immediately replaced (however did drop in a few rude comments)... That is the only negative thing I can say after several meals there, which all in all were great.

• Visited May 2014
Adam T, General Manager at Seaduction, responded to this review, 13 August 2014
Dear Lauren S,

Thank you for your lovely review of Seaduction Restaurant + Bar. I am delighted you enjoy both the dinner and lunch offerings.

We have had such a huge response to our $39 lunch special of two courses, we are extending it through to December!

I am absolutely shocked regarding the comments made about the tuna. Please feel free to contact me directly to follow up as I find this unacceptable and shocking.

Canberra, Australia
“Over priced, still hungry ”
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

As a guest staying at Soul, my husband and I decided to treat ourselves to a one off experience at Seaduction. As it was awarded 2 chefs hats we thought it would comparable to a Neil Perry in Sydney or James Mussilon in Canberra. ( I'm a big fan of).

We have 2 young kids and went to the trouble of organising a babysitter just so we could have a dinner together. This is probably why the below experience made it more disappointing as it's not often we have the time and money to a 2 chef hat restaurant and when we do we want it to be pretty special.

To say I was bitterly disappointed would be an understatement.

I ordered the scallops for entree was ok but salty and I found I had to drink a fair bit of water afterwards to quench the taste.

I was pretty hungry leading up to dinner, and my heart sank when the main meal came out. The duck was was literally a few pieces of meat about 4 cm in width..It was also cold and pink and tough. I love duck and was hoping for a piece of duck of a good portion, slow cooked and tender (ie my experience of Rubikon in Canberra) but this was a complete joke. It came with 2 cubes of potato each 3cm and maybe one or two pieces of asparagus on the side, and some sauces

Overall this $40 main looked like an entree size in a similar fine dining establishment. It also had too many weird and complicated flavours with this strange foam on top. It was massively underwhelming and disappointing.

The redeeming factor was the dessert which was lovely (chocolate) but unfortunately did not save the dinner itself. I was even thinking of ducking out to get hot chips later.

The service was efficient but not spectacular.

We spent $220 on a meal which I don't normally mind spending if the meal was satisfying but in this case it wasn't. I actually felt ripped off. I know these are strong words but again having dined in a few chef hat restaurants in the past I just can't put this on the same page as the others.

I woke up in the middle of the night hungry.

I would not return.

5 Thank sarah y
Adam T, General Manager at Seaduction, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Dear Sarah Y,

Thank you for your feedback both here and on email.

I am pleased that you had such a lovely stay at Soul, however disappointed that Seaduction left you underwhelmed.

Our Executive Chef Steve Szabo is very proud of his work and aims to deliver the best possible quality and experience to all of our guests. I will discuss this with him and the team.

I understand taste is always subjective. We are currently ranked the Number Two restaurant in Surfers Paradise on this site and recently retained our Chefs Hat in the Brisbane Times Good Food Guide. We will never however rest on our laurels and will always take on board all constructive feedback.

I do hope we see you again at Soul at some point in the future.