“Fun”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Fun”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We had a lot of fun with the staff who had a great sense of humour. First you look around by yourself and then have a tour of the chamber of horrors with a guide. Put aside an hour to see it.

2 Thank zekewolf-11

• Korean first
Queanbeyan, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“A fun outing”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Affordable, interesting and entertaining. Most wax figures are quite lifelike and the chamber of horrors was very interesting indeed.

Palmerston North, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great staff”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Like most who have reviewed this place, I would agree on some aspects, yes expensive to enter I though it would be around the $12 not so sure about $29 Adults $22 child...got a deal at 2A 2C $22 each still expensive for what I was expecting and didnt get the none of the people looked like who they were meant to be a tad disappointed with that.....On the up side I found the tour to be great cos I like that kind of thing....the staff were really helpful, funny and nice.

1 Thank Becky A
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 50 helpful votes
“Just okay ”
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I agree that the price for the actual experience was excessive. I must say the actual venue itself wasn't very appealing, it felt dated. I think a revamp would be an idea. The physical location was also unexpected in a way.
Wax sculpting is an art, I agree. And the artists who create these figures are all different. Some are better than others. But it's like anything really. A chef at one restaurant may be better than a chef at a different restaurant. Some people are great at singing, others not so much.
That being said, I didn't think that the sculptures were phenomenal and wondered whether I was holding unfairly high expectations by way if comparison to Madame Tussauds. But seems I wasn't as many other reviewers agree. How do I put it.... It was obvious that the sculptures were made of wax and not lifelike. Whereas madame Tussauds, you could easily believe that the sculptures were real!
All in all, we were really quite disappointed. We won't return and wouldn't recommend this activity to others. Spend the money you would pay for admission on something else perhaps. We wished that we had.
Judging by the other comments made by who appears to be the owner, I hope my review doesn't offend. But I'm being absolutely objective and honest. That's the point of Trip Advisor, to give people the opportunity to make their own informed decisions.

3 Thank Talia O
Townsville, Australia
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Expensive”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This place was not bad to visit. The staff were excellent down to earth people you can actually have a great conversation with, but I found it a little pricey. The guide who takes you through the chambers of horrors was excellent and you will learn something as well... Yes entertainment and a learning experience at the same time.

2 Thank Rick R