“Great spot!” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Breakfree Peninsula

Brisbane, Australia
“Great spot!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2012

We loved the location of this hotel, the view was fab and the grounds and pool facilaties were top notch!! The apartment however was tired and grotty! We got it on a wotif special so you never expect the best apartment, but you do expect clean and well maintained.

The toilet roll holders kept falling off, beadspreads were badly stained when turned back, hairdryer was a hazard and the tiles and hotplates were just grease splattered. Our apartment had glass topped tables (main and coffee tables) which had food etc under them and I noticed a smell also as others have mentioned but did clear once aired, the kitchen was limited. It wouldnt take a lot to seriously improve this apartment. We would stay again its just a shame when you end up a little disappointed.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this review, 15 July 2012
Dear 893JoC,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay at Breakfree Peninsula. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I fully agree with you that our location is in a great spot and is very central to everything. I have noted your comments about the cleanliness of the apartment and will forward your comments to our housekeeping supervisor for corrective action. Please accept my sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.

I would request you to contact me directly when you book for your next holiday so that I can personally ensure that you have a great stay with us.

Breakfree Peninsula

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (170)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
England
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

I've stayed here twice now. It is very true that you don't know what to expect because it seems the units are privately owned.

Our first stay was heaven, everything about it was perfect, the accommodation, the view, we loved it, which is why we went back. The second time we upgraded to delux, which promises of newly refurbished room. Although the accommodation was fine, it didn't seem worth the upgrade and the rooms were smaller ironically. I still had a pleasant stay and plan to return.

Room Tip: Make sure you know which unit you are getting before you book.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank offerangel
, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear Offerangel,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your recent stay.

I am happy to hear that we were able to assist in providing you with a pleasant stay and look forward to welcoming you back at Breakfree Peninsula on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

It will be my pleasure to assist you with your next booking. Please feel free to contact me directly for your next booking and I will ensure that you have a memorable stay with us.

Coojar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2012

Had a GREAT stay here (2 adults and 2 kids) Very spacious apartment, decor needed updating but who really cares. Woke up every day to amazing views and the heated pools were fantasic. Location is an easy walk to everything you need. Overall we all had a great time.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Georgie L
Dear Georgie L,

Thank you for sharing your holiday experience on Trip Advisor.

I am glad to to hear that you and your family had a great stay at Breakfree Peninsula. I have noted your comments about our spacious apartments with expansive ocean views and that you enjoyed waking up to these magnificient views.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family again at Breakfree Peninsula on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

Stayed (very) recently for four nights. We got our apartment cheap on wotif.
Arrived in Australia in the evening was happy with the ease of a late check in, as the last thing you want to do after a long day is muck around with paperwork.
Our first impression of the accom was good, but after getting settled we noticed the place was smelly, it would have been great I think if someone had come in and aired the room (we thought perhaps it had been closed up for a while).
The kitchen was appauling, the cupboards were well past their best and although it seemed cleane I wasn't overly happy with it, so much so I went down to the 24 hour shop nearby on the first night so I could give it a good wipe down.
The couches were leatherette and both were peeling and left 'bits' on clothing. The decor was dated, the terracotta ornamental 'things' in the apartment would have been better off being removed as many of them were chipped. The TV was of a good size and modern.
The bed was lovely and comfortable (king) and I feel this was the best part of our stay! Sadly neither the TV in the bedroom or the clock radio worked.
The bathroom clean but dated and I feel the fixtures really needed an update.
Our view of the ocean from the 6th floor was amazing, no complaints there! The Peninsula is in a great spot and for our first time staying the heart of Surfers apposed to our usual Broadbeach we were really pleased to be so close to so many great spots.
I was really impressed with the pools and grounds. They seemed well kept. We tired the gym and were VERY impressed by it.
We tried to purchase theme park tickets, they were unable to be processed either time we tried, sadly we weren't given any other solution on to 'try back later'. Other than that any other dealings (few) we had with staff reception were fine.
There was going to be an issue with us checking out at 8am and getting our bond back (perhaps if I recall correctly, there wasn't going to be any housekeeping available to check our room until 10) we had planned to come back later in the day to collect our bond but luckily for us they managed to find someone to do it at 8.30ish when we checked out.

We aren't the type of people to complain or kick up a fuss,and due to the fact we got our apartment so cheap we didn't want to cause problems. On reflection now we are home we were really dissapointed as we have stayed at other Breakfrees and were really happy.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Meegs_23
Dear Meegs_23,

Thank you for your detailed feedback about your recent stay at Breakfree Peninsula. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with some aspects of your stay.

I have noted your comments about the general state of the apartment allocated for your booking. From your comments, I get the impression that although the apartment was clean, the decor was dated and needs refurbishing. I have conducted an inspection of the apartment and have been in touch with the owner concerned suggesting refurbishment. I have also arranged for the bedroom T.V. to be repaired and replaced the alarm clock radio.

I am happy to note that you enjoyed the amazing ocean views from the apartment and made use of the pools, grounds and gymnasium. Our location is very central and is within close proximity to the beach, restaurants, shopping, transportation and night life.

I request you to contact me whenever you are coming to the Gold Coast again and I will ensure that you will have a memorable stay.

New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2012

We stayed in the delux two bedroom. One child sleep in the lounge all happy. Good location, right on beach and easy walk to town. Helpfull staff.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear CJLNZ,

Thank you for sharing your concise feedback on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to hear that our guests are having a great time and enjoying their stay at Breakfree Peninsula.

I have noted your comments about our helpful staff and will share the same with our team.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family again to Breakfree Peninsula on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

We stayed at the Breakfree in October last year and have booked again for next year as our experience was so memorable. The hotel while busy in October was managed professionally and positively we had requested a tin opener as this was the only thing missing from the kitchen and low and behold a new opener was delivered to our room within a short time. There is nothing to add in terms of what could have been changed. Keep up the great work.

Room Tip: We choose a mid height floor which gave a great view of the ocean and the ferris wheel at night.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank mrchris2012
Dear mrchris2012,

Thank you for your valuable feedback regarding your stay at Breakfree Peninsula.

I am delighted to hear that you and your friends had a memorable stay at Breakfree Peninsula. It is good to hear that you have booked again for this year too. I will ensure that you and your friends will once again have a great stay.

Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2012

Having previously stayed at the Breakfree Longbeach and enjoyed that, we we encouraged to go to the Peninsula this time because of the good reviews and responses despite having to pay an extra $14 per night. We were not disappointed.

The service from Adil Fitter and his team was top notch. Following a comment from us, an upgraded flat screen tv arrived (thanks to a prompt response from the unit owners) and a sticking balcony door was repaired, both the next day.

The location is great being across the road from the beach, a couple of blocks south of Cavill Ave and close to the restaurant precinct of Surfers. We had meals at Alfresco, Saw Thai and Nicolinis and a takeaway pizza from Alli's - all within 5 minutes walk.

We were on the 10th floor which enabled us to see what was going on at the beach but not see the panaromic views of the coast that would be possble from higher floors (but may also bring nervousness from extreme heights). The unit had very good lounge and dining furniture - obviously very new - and good cane balcony chairs that suffered by being blown around in the strong winds we experienced over a couple of days.

The hotel facilities are good but will be better when wireless internet access becomes available. I understand it is imminent just needing to be tested and turned on. We made good use of the heated pools and spa plus the barbecues. On-site parking,as provided, is a must in this area.

This helped make a good holiday experience in Surfers.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear J_M30a,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review about your recent stay at Breakfree Peninsula.

I am very happy to note that you enjoyed your stay with us. Customer service and guest satisfaction is our main aim and the team remains fully focussed to ensure that our guests are well looked after. Maintenance issues do arise from time to time but our timely action ensures that guests are not inconvenienced.

WiFi is now available at Breakfree Peninsula. I am delighted to hear that you enjoyed all our facilities and found our location to be within walking distance to restaurants, shopping, beach and other amenities.

I look forward to welcoming you again at Breakfree Peninsula on your next visit to the Gold Coast.