“Good location and amazing ocean view”

Breakfree Peninsula
Reviewed 15 August 2013

Enjoyed our stay here. Good location 2 mins from beach few mins from centre of surfers paradise. Close to restaurants, bars and supermarkets. We stayed in spacious 2 and 2 bath. Amazing view of ocean.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank anotherjason
Andrew P, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed here last year around May 2012. The views were breathtaking, and the area is very convenient - close to lots of shopping. I felt like I was at home.

I took a nearby bus and train all the way to Brisbane even - that is how convenient Breakfree's area is. My only negative (that had nothing to do with my stay) was that the airline lost my luggage. Coming from New York, losing clothes is a very big inconvenience, but the staff at the front desk was very helpful with helping me get around to find stores where I can find a few replacement items. In fact, I felt like I was annoying to the three people there by constantly asking if they've heard if my luggage came in, but they didn't give me any grief at all, until one day it appeared at the front desk and they called me to let me know. I was so happy then...

One more thing - don't make any phone calls to other territories - I made a 1/2 hour call to Melbourne that cost me about $100.

Other than the above, I really loved the place and hope to visit again and very soon! Thanks to the man and the two women at the front desk for your professional service :-)

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Andrew P, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Thank you for your review. I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

stayed at the Peninsula for 1 week with the family. i have been to the gold coast a lot of time and this is probably the best value apartment we ever got.
the view is excellent, close to everything that you need at surfers paradise without being to close to the noise.

Room Tip: request anything higher than lv10 for better view and B Style apartment will have the most ocean vie...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Andrew P, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to meet expectations and I am glad that we provided you the best holiday after visiting the gold coast so many times. I will pass on your comments to my team.

Reviewed 14 July 2013

I recently stayed at the Peninsula with some friends.
I was appalled at the horrible level of service that the old woman behind the reception desk gives. She is most rude and acts as though she cannot be bothered with anyone. Most of the time whenever myself of my friends asked for any assistance she would speak so rudely to us. We are not from the Gold Coast and have no idea of getting around, or of any of the attractions there. She did not want to help us to find our way around. She however seemed to be nice to some people and very rude to others... This was very upsetting.
Staying there and having this woman treat us like dirt ruined our holiday.

There were a few positives,

- We had great views of the ocean.
- The facilities were really good.
- There was a young girl at reception that was very lovely that seemed to go above and beyond for people. But we only had her once. She was delightful.

Room Tip: If you must stay at the Peninsula, be sure to stay away from the horrible old women behind the recep...
Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Emily J

Thank you for your feedback. I is dissappointing how one interaction by a staff member to a guest put such a downer on what was a great stay. I have held a meeting with our front office team who were shocked by your comments. I expect all of my team to be professional at all times. Please accept my appologies.

Reviewed 9 July 2013

Our stay at breakfree peninsula was dismal at best. If not for the fantastic view we would most likely be disgusted.
Negatives:
- Our crockery and cutlery were revolting (I mean chunks of food stuck in them and looked like they had never been washed)
- The service! We were told we could only have one extra roll of toilet paper during our week long stay with 6 people because 'that is really something you need to supply yourself!' Also very rude and overheard the ladies at reception making nasty remarks about residents and even their own employees on more than one occasion
- The rooms. We stayed during winter and the lack of airconditioning left us stinking hot during the nights. The rooms are dirty and outdated. The showers are all damaged which caused our water to not only come out of the shower head but also out of the wall and the roof. Also splashing between hot and cold throughout the duration of the shower and running out of hot water made for a very uncomfortable experience.
- There were no blockout curtains in the lounge room so whoever got stuck with the rollaway bed was up at the crack of dawn with the sun glaring in their eyes!
Positives:
- The view
- The location

Unfortunately very dissatisfied with our stay and will not be staying there again.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank rarelyleavereviews
Andrew P, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback. There are some areas of your comments that don't make sense but obviously you felt strongly enough to be a first time reviewer and post feedback. I would love you to give me a call and discuss your stay further.

Reviewed 30 June 2013

Had a lovely stay in apartment 28D. Beautiful views and plenty of living space for our 3 kids aged 3, 6 & 8. Kids loved the pools & tennis court. Although the apartment has not been fully renovated, recently renovated bathrooms were good. Great location, short walk to beach, shops & restaurants.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your feedback. We strive to be the favorite and we would love to see you back in the future. We are working hard with owners to refurbish units which we hope to complete this financial year.

Reviewed 18 June 2013

Bought a discount package 4 nights from Breakfree and spent hours to choose among many Breakfree along Surfer paradise, then finally we chose Peninsula. The location is perfect, close to the main shopping center with cheap good restaurants and Woolworth and bus stops. The two bedroom apartment was good and clean. The view to the beach is perfect. No complaint at all about the apartment. Only the swimming pool at the ground floor was very smelly and made us feel that the water was not changed for ages. The building, Penisula, is not new one and actually I guest Breakfree only own/ hire some apartments there for renting out to tourists.
In general, Breakfree Peninsula is highly recommended for whom could only afford a reasonable prices.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tran L
Adil1, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2013

Dear Tran L,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor.

I am pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay in our spacious, clean and fully self contained apartment with expansive ocean views. Our location is very central and within walking distance to the beach, shopping, restaurants and other amenities.

I have noted your comments about the swimming pool and will inform the Caretaker to take remedial action.

All the apartments at Breakfree Peninsula are individually owned. Mantra Group has a letting agreement with the owners of Breakfree Peninsula to holiday let and manage their units.

I fully agree with your comments that Breakfree Peninsula offers very good value for money and is an ideal choice for families looking at reasonable prices.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family again at Breakfree Peninsula in the near future.

Regards