“Family Break”

Breakfree Peninsula
Reviewed 4 December 2013

Stayed with wife and 3 kids and found it to be clean and tidy. Think some of the furniture could be upgraded in the apartment we stayed but that is only a minor gripe. Great position with fantastic views out to sea, good outside and indoor pools (careful with kids as one of the outside pools is very deep), near to the center of Surfers paradise (Woolworth's for food shopping), good parking, good security and easy to get to. If you stay I would advise anyone to hire a car so you can get around easily to places like the Warner parks and national parks. Lovely stay and kids did not want to go home, which is always a good sign.

Room Tip: Don't get to high as when it really blows the building sways a bit. Ask for a sea view as they a...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Andrew P, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Hi Justin
Thank you for your feedback I am glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Hi Andrew, I have stayed at the Peninsula twice in past and I have recently booked for a 3rd time which is testament to the quality of stay that I have experienced. I have recommended this hotel to many of my friends and I recommend anyone reading this post to stay at the Peninsula. The location is perfect and the hotel is first class. This will be my third stay over the last decade and I will continue to come back. Andrew, I noticed in a previous post that returning guest get a 10% discount. When I booked last week, I specifically told the BreakFree Operator that I am a returning guest but was never offered a 10% discount. I did attempt to contact the hotel direct but obviously all your online advertising reverts to BreakFree. Please contact me in regards to this my booking number is "Mantra Group Booking # 70011250446" - Scott

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Thanks Scott for your review.
We do offer the 10% discount for return guests who book directly with us at reception. I hope you enjoyed your stay and we hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

I recently stayed in unit 6F with my husband and baby for 4 nights and we both found our stay both comfortable & enjoyable.

The unit was recently renovated and is large, open & clean and very child friendly (especially for my baby who started crawling while we were there!)

The unit is walking distance to basically everything in Surfers Paradise and is straight across the road from the main beach. We were even lucky enough to watch a concert from our verandah that was happening on the beach! was great!
Even though we were only on level 6, the view was amazing (looking east over the beach or south towards the Q1) and had no street noise what so ever! It was lovely waking up to the sound of the crashing waves every morning.
We spent quite a lot of time by the pools too.

I booked through stayz and found the owners very friendly and full of knowledge about the area.

I will definitely be booking this unit again for our family trip next year!

Thanks :)

Room Tip: This unit is fully equipped with Laundry etc so its like a home away from home!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Andrew P, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 4 November 2013

Hi Elle

I am happy you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to seeing you back again next holidays.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We were booked from the 15th October to 29th October ( 2 weeks ).
When we checked in the receptionist said we were on level 2. I
explained that we had booked back in April and requested a room as
high as possible.The receptionist made no effort to accommodate us to a higher level
even to level five would have been good, considering we were staying
for two weeks. I honestly can not believe a building with 46 levels
did not have a room vacant that was higher!
The apartment (2a) smelt mouldy& musky, the kitchen was not fully
equipped with cooking items! The wardrobe door in the main bedroom
feel off as it was hanging by one screw, my husband had to fix it to
best he could! The apartment it's self was dirty, you couldn't see through the balcony doors as they hadn't been cleaned forever! It needs a complete
re vamp, the sliding glass doors to the balcony didn't close or lock
securely. This was a huge disappointment especially for the money we
paid for the two weeks.
Then to top it off the main bed had bed bugs resulting in my husband
and I having itchy bites all over us, therefore some nights were spent
sleeping on the lounge and having to buy Glen 20 disinfectant spray to
spray the mattress the best I could!
We chose the Peninsula as we stayed there once before and really
enjoyed our stay there hence why we chose the complex again!
It's just disappointing when we saved for 12 months for our annual
holiday and the place we stayed was really bad. We are not ones to
complain, and we didn't to the reception desk as we felt they wouldn't
have done anything for us anyway.
We will never stay there again, I will not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Pay the extra bit of money and go somewhere else for piece of mind.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 454Mel
Andrew P, General Manager at Breakfree Peninsula, responded to this reviewResponded 3 November 2013

Hi Mel. I am disappointed in what you have written as I have checked the room and there is no bed bugs. It is something that you should notify reception of as soon as possible. Not a week after you leave.It is also disappointing that we couldn't have rectified your issues while you were here. One call down to reception and we could have had maintenance see to anything in your room. We could have moved you to a higher floor, if not on the day you arrive, then during your stay. I would have preferred to rectify your issues at the property while you were here, had I had known of any.

Reviewed 29 October 2013

We stayed only four floors up, so we were all amazed at just how wonderful our views were. On our first afternoon we watched a whale playing for over an hour. just beautiful. We had booked a two bedroom apartment with ensuite. The set-out for the apartment was lovely, it was easily big enough for our family of four. The kitchen was very functional, the only complaint we had was the kitchen light didn't work. we struggled a little with the non window opening, air-conditioning only bedrooms, but made it through with only a little argument. The location was terrific if you've chosen the surfers' "experience." The husband reports that the BBQ was very good. This was a great apartment;

Room Tip: go higher, ask earlier
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for your positive comments. Just to let you know, return guests get automatic %10 discount if you book direct through the resort.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Stayed in owner rented unit 6f . This apartment had everything and more,perfect views of the beach, which is straight opposite, short walk to Cavill ave and restaurants, huge and newly renovated, air conditioned , perfect location with secure parking, three swimming pools, new gym and tennis courts,we booked thru Stayz directly with the owner, great value for our family with 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms. We have stayed on Gold Coast regularity over the years and this apartment was by far the best ever. Yes we will be back. Loved it! ( tip. If you look up unit 6f peninsula apartment on Stayz it will take you directly to this apartment)

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Joshua J

Thank you for your comments.

Dear Guests

Ensure you check - http://www.breakfree.com.au/peninsula/ for the best available rates for our 1 Bedroom, 2 Bedroom, Delux and 3 Bedroom Apartments if 6F is unavailable.

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I read reports after prior to staying here and was expecting low service and not so good accommodation. But the price was in our bracket. Margaret was just lovely, terrific customer service, apartment was sensational. Really big, clean, the view was out of this world. I only wish we could stay longer. We definitely will be booking for longer next time. Teenage girls had a brilliant time, so close to the beach and shops. I would totally recommend. Michelle.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for your comments. We strive to be the favorite among travelers to the gold coast and continue to do so.