We stayed here September 2010 and have planned a trip back Jan 2012.
The hotel is situated on the main road but I was not bothered by any road noise; it's far enough away from the hubub of Surfers not to have the drunken louts passing by and disturbing sleep. There is no parking but we found parking on the road easy and you can pull in to the front of the hotel to unload your car whithout a problem.
The room was a 1 bedroomed suite and we were traveling as a family with 10 year old twins and my husband and I.
The room was a little dated however the furniture was in good condition, a quality fit out which had lasted well. The twins slept on the sofabed in the lounge while my husband and I shared the masterbedroom which also had a single bed as well as the double.
The kitchen area was clean and even had a dishwasher! no toaster, however one could be requested but we were cautioned about setting off the smoke detectors and the resulting fine so we decided not to bother as we had bought a package which included breakfast for the family.
Lets talk about the restaurant; top notch service and the breakfast was amazingly good value and high quality. The meals at lunch time and evening were also very well done however the menu was a little limited in choice BUT there was a kids range which unlike the usual rubbish served for kids was really yummy and healthy. Room service menu was strangely more expansive than the eat in menu. While the Gold Coast restaurants are a 15-20 minute stroll away we often ate in the hotel instead.
The pool was delightful, the spa awesome and the sauna too great for words. Kids were allowed in all amenities as long as supervised by an adult. The gym was modern and functional and next door the the kids play arcade area which had enough stuff for kids to waste half an hour or so (providing they had enough change).
There were pool tables outside but due to the weather being very wet we didn't get to use them.
There are washing machines and dryers on several floors which are coin operated and were great value for those needing clean clothes as we did.
Friendly staff who were very helpful (I had a key issue with my key not opening the gym but they patiently sorted it out for me) and there is a small assortment of food items toiletries etc can be purchased from reception.
All in all I highly recommend this property for anyone who isnt too fussy about not having the most up to date modern furnishings.
To get a place which is spacious and includes a fantastic breakfast meal for well under $200 has made the Australis a new favourite destination. We have even paid for my parents in law to stay for 3 days as a wedding anniversary gift.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia