We stayed here on a weekend getaway and had booked a standard hotel room with twin single beds. However when we checked in we were given a disabled room on the ground floor which was absolutely huge. In fact 2 of us were staying here and the rest of us were staying else where and this room was 2-3 times bigger. The rooms decor was very basic but it consisted of an open plan kitchen area with a dishwasher & fridge, small dining table & chairs, lounge, chairs with coffee table and single bed with a small tv and a/c then it had a very large bathroom with shower only and a separate bedroom with a double bed and 2 wardrobes and a small patio area. The lobby was quaint and offered a small shopping area with some essentials and computers and sitting area leading onto the restaurant / cafe area. The pool area was also nice but seemed a lot smaller than it looks in the hotels photos the spa was large though and they also had a pool table outside which is great for teenagers. The hotel has car parking and is situated in between the Marriott and Paradise Resort about 900m from Cavill Avenue.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia