We stayed here for a week in february and we found it to be a nice little base for what we needed. The beds were so comfy and we loved our little balcony (partial sea view, obscured by a few other hotel block buildings.) The pool and jacuzzi were small, but adequate for the size of the hotel, they were never too crowded when we went in (tip, go in later in the evening if you prefer it when it's quiet, and if you have kids, the morning and afternoon is a good time to take them, as thats when there will be other kids around for them to make friends with). We also made use of the sauna and although we didn't use the gym, it had most of the machines you would find in a regular gym. We didn't eat any meals there, but the restaurant looked like it had a nice atmosphere to it.
The staff were helpful and were able to give us advice on transport, as we hadn't hired a car. It was also in good walking distance to most of the facilities in Surfer's itself, and there was a bus stop right outside it that took you to all the theme parks and beyond.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia