We have just returned from the Gold Coast, staying down there one night supporting family for the Gold Coast Airport marathon. We were in room 328/329 on level 3. Literally thought there was a dead body in the room it had the most horrible smell. Wasn't game enough to shower because it was that filthy. My boyfriends pregnant sister-in-law was sick the entire time due to the smell. Had rather sit on the side table than the couch as it looked like it had been picked up from the dump. We dragged dinner out in town as long as we could to avoid being the room and checked out 8 am as soon as possible in the morning. Woke up at 2 am with horrible asthma and could not open the room up as no fly screens on the windows. Being a travel agent myself in Noosa, this was shocking. I am now glad to know the state of the place as i would not book this hotel for a client. We did not complain due to the fact that one guest with us was pregnant and sick (as previsouly stated) and did not want to move her around or cause anymore hastle for her. We now wish we had complained as no sleep, no shower and exhausted the entire next day walking from meeting point to meeting point as support for a runner in the marathon. Stay elsewhere!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia