We now always stay here at the Sovereign, because for the price, there is little to compete with it anywhere around Surfers Paradise.
For the same price as a small hotel room, here we get a one bed-roomed suite, which comprises, a Queen size bed bedroom with a huge en-suite bathroom, a massive lounge room with 3 piece lounge furniture, a dining table for 4, and a studio style kitchen area. Utterly amazing!!
The breakfast buffet is superb and the pool area is great.
Location is great, nicely on the edge of the lively streets, so nice and quiet with the 10 minute walking time being no problem, to join in activities in the lively, noisy areas.
Parking is in the basement, so no worries there.
It does have an atmosphere of being a bit "back-packery", it not being as sophisticated as the larger, more salubrious hotel chains, but it ticks all the boxes and some!
Overall .... Our go-to place to stay on the Goldie, offering astounding value and amazingly spacious accommodation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and Odigeo so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia