“"Spacious rooms if you don't mind a walk."”

Alpha Sovereign Hotel
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Surfers Paradise
Reviewed 27 May 2014

The good points - The rooms are large and spacious, The staff were extra helpful and it is technically in Surfers Paradise.
The negatives - The distance to Cavill Ave is a hike and would deter older guests and families with small children. The construction noise was 24/7 but within too long the light rail will be finished and make getting around heaps easier.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Freddy4fun
manager_sovereign, Assistant Manager at Alpha Sovereign Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Australis Sovereign Hotel. We delighted to hear you enjoyed the spacious room and found our staff to be helpful. We are looking forward to the Light Rail Works being completed next month as it is sure to be a convenient service for our guests.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

Firstly getting to the location is difficult because of one way roads.
Secondly not near anything it's in no mans land between surfers and main beach, it has an extremely busy road in front of it.
I booked my accom on the net and purchased a 1 bed apartment with sofa bed. Get there then told I need to pay 30 per child so 60 for two of them, to make up sofa bed so my 155 dollar booking was now turning into 215. I said it mentioned up to 4 using existing bedding.
I kicked up a stink and then the receptionist said ok just 30 then.
I just said yes as I was tired.

When we got to the room it was absolutely disgusting for a 4 star rating. The carpet had iron burns everywhere lounge and bed room. The sofa bed was filthy.
I rang up straight away and said this was not acceptable. My two girls were saying mum this is soooooo bad.
In the young receptionist defense she really was good and offered to move me and I said no way. So I got a refund and stayed somewhere else.
I would never ever recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Tantan74
manager_sovereign, Assistant Manager at Alpha Sovereign Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Thank you for your review of Australis Sovereign Hotel.

I was most disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed your stay as much as we would have liked you to. I will be discussing all of your comments with all departments and we will be thoroughly investigating your concerns.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I can assure you all feedback is taken very seriously and we are constantly working to improve our hotel.

Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

Blakeysgirls from july 2013 we just left the same room as you stayed in. Carpet still has iron burns all over it in both the lounge and bedroom. Comfortable beds restaurant absolutely shocking over priced and not much 'flavor'

• Stayed: April 2014
manager_sovereign, Assistant Manager at Alpha Sovereign Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Thank you for your review of Australis Sovereign Hotel.

Once again thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback and I can assure you all feedback is taken very seriously and we are constantly working to improve our hotel, in fact we have now replace 75% off the rooms with new carpet with the remaining rooms due to be completed in the near future.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

We stayed at this hotel over Easter, our one bedroom apartment faced north west, we have a couple of complaints, you have to pay $1.00 each for a pool towel (although we had just spent close to $100 in the restaurant for lunch around the pool) then asked for 2 new dry room towels, to be told that they would also be $1.00 each..... We dined in the restaurant on 2 of the evenings, and the food & service was fantastic,our compliments to the czech chef, the food was very good quality... after dinner on the first night, I asked for a cup of ice to take back to our room, to be told I could buy a small bag for $2.00. We were very dissapointed in all the little added extras the hotel tried to charge us for.... little things that one would think would automatically come with the room. We would stay here again... in the hope that management would get rid of all the little extra fees.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the guest’s survey in relation to your stay at Australis Sovereign Hotel. It is guest participation such as yours that enormously assists the hotel in controlling service standards to ensure all our guests experience our very high standards and we take onboard your comments regarding extra fees.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Firstly let me start by saying we booked on the Thursday night before staying on Easter Saturday so it is possible we booked the last available room on the Gold Coast and so maybe we shouldn't have expected too much.

Well the room was Level 1 in the north "tower" with scenic views of the waste disposal units and loading docks of of the Marriott next door. The air conditioning was loud, think having a small tractor in your room and you have some idea of the noise.

Three of us were using the room - Queen size and two singles - why only two towels? It was no surprise we were coming so why not have the correct number of towels. Linen on the queen size didn't fit which was an unusual problem, having never seen that before.

The plasterboard/drywall at the head of the bed was shattered but given how easily the bed moved around that should not be a surprise.

Bathroom - water damage to vanity, mould in between tiles, broken plasterboard and the shower over spray saturated the toilet roll. Fortunately this was evident before we showered so we knew to move it aside - though the roll was damp.

Understanding that it was Easter and rates go up, I cannot reconcile the $250 we paid for this with the <$200 per night I spend on business travel at superior hotels.

I'm hopeful there are better rooms but this is only a hope

Room Tip: There is plenty of accomodation on the Gold Coast - this one seemed to cater for package tours ex As...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Peter D

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to complete the guest’s survey in relation to your stay at Australis Sovereign Hotel. It is guest participation such as yours that enormously assists the hotel in controlling service standards to ensure all our guests experience our very high standards.

We are very pleased that you found our staff to be nice. However, I was most disappointed to read that you had not enjoyed all of your stay as much as we would have liked you to. I will be discussing all of your comments with all departments and we will be thoroughly investigating your concerns.

Reviewed 8 April 2014

Booked a twin room and was upgraded to a one bedroom unit with a queen bed. We got a deal online for free valet parking - it was great and no hassal. the car was there waiting when we checked out. The apartment was spacious - a little dark in the kitchen. Bathroom was HUGE. Clean, tidy and very comfortable. it was not the flashiest place I have ever stayed in but it was perfect for our needs. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: He had a north tower it which faced east. Whilst it is right on the highway the glass is pretty nois...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
manager_sovereign, Front Office Manager at Alpha Sovereign Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 April 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay at Australis Sovereign Hotel.

We are so glad we meet your needs and that you had a great stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Just had an enjoyable week in this hotel . I found the reception staff very helpful offering advice and booking transfers for us. The room wa spacious, tastfully furnished. We didnt have our room serviced and would have liked more than one towel for the week, although im sure if I'd asked I could have had one.
Only used the restaurant once as had cooking facilities, but found the meal really nice and staff friendly. Rooms very soundproof. Once the door to deck closed, no road noise at all.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your review of Australis Sovereign Hotel.

We are happy to read that you found our reception staff very helpful. Please do not hesitate to request additional linen on your next stay.