We payed $200 for two nights including breakfast for two. We booked only 24 hours before arrival so it was a great price. My partner loved the many sports channels and we had fun in the heated pool, hot spa and sauna. It was great that breakfast was available until 11am on weekends. Breakfast included everything you'd want the only thing that wasn't perfect was the fact that there was no egg or waffle/pancake station. We are fortunate enough to have been to some amazing buffet breakfasts with staff who cook eggs and pancakes and waffles in front of youth order, the hot food could have been a little fresher but when you only pay $100 a night that doesn't pay a load of staff to stand around and cook for you. The coffee was good and a great tea selection, yogurt was natural and surrounded by fruit to add sweetness. We ate so much that we didn't need to snack again until 3pm, staff were attentive at breakfast and throughout the resort.
Pool area was open until 10pm which was great it usually closes around 8pm at places i have stayed in the past. We didn't get room service but it was reasonably priced and had a good amount of choices. We met up with some friends we hadn't seen in a couple of months and had a great weekend. We plan on returning to this hotel.
A side note….. the rooms are in need of a of maintenance they are probably more 3 star quality than 4, the outdoor facilities are clearly where the money is going right now and room renovations will probably take place next. Personally I would rather pay $100 a night for it how it is now than pay more for a perfect room. As for the smell other people have talked about in their reviews we did not notice any smell at all of cleaning products or anything else. we stayed in room 432.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Gold Coast (formerly Australis Sovereign) is just the place to stay for a quiet retreat in Surfers Paradise, while still having easy access to beaches, shopping, dining and attractions. Situated on the Broadbeach side of Surfers Paradise, you can enjoy the best the area has to offer by day or night but swiftly escape the hustle and bustle when you arrive back at the hotel. Alpha Sovereign features mid-rise twin towers with a wide range of contemporary hotel rooms and suites - most with balconies overlooking the Gold Coast Hinterland, the hotel complex and pool, or Surfers Paradise skyline with ocean behind. Arrive to a bright and breezy lobby and reception area that flows through to Flavours Restaurant and bar. Flavours offers a relaxing alfresco terrace where guests can enjoy a delicious meal, catch up for a drink or kick back for some quiet reading time. The intimate lagoon pool and spa is surrounded by lush tropical gardens and shady pockets to relax in. Or soak up the sun on poolside lounges, just a few steps from Flavours bar to order a drink or snack. For the kids, the pool has a shallow sandy area, ideal for a splashing and water fun. Alpha Sovereign Hotel also has a games room with video games, board games and other indoor activities for children. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Odigeo, Expedia and Booking.com so you can book your Alpha Sovereign Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Australis Sovereign Surfers Paradise
- Australis Sovereign Hotel
- Surfers Paradise Australis Sovereign
- Alpha Sovereign Hotel Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia