“OLD, UNCOMFORTABLE AND DOWN RIGHT DIRTY.”

BreakFree Longbeach Resort
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed between 18th - 21st of Feb. Made booking after seeing the pictures of a two bedroom apartment provided by management. Shocked by the room when I first walked in. It was a room which time forgot...
Decor was old and worn, bathrooms where dirty (hair on the floor, sand in the shower), the toilet roll holder was broken off and found in the vanity draw. Footprints on the glass coffee table. There was air conditioning but was broken and out of service. The cable television they promise was non existent?? The queen bed was so bad with my partner and I in the bed It sunk in the middle, so she had to to sleep in a single bed in the second bedroom. I know It sounds like Im going on but It was that bad!
When I arrived, I was going to purchase my theme park tickets at reception. The employee was not real sure how to do this obviously, though continued with the purchase. When It seemed Id been overcharged, I asked her to cancel the tickets. She told me she would later that afternoon and said I will give you a courtesy call that she has canceled them. That call never came. The afternoon of my check out a gentleman of Breakfree called to chase up my outstanding balance of $640 of theme park tickets!
BAD BAD BAD!!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Chris K
Jan r, General Manager at BreakFree Longbeach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2012

Chris thank you for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor. I was disappointed to read your review and was most concerned about your comments on the cleanliness of the unit. We do pay particular attention to this area but obviously on this occasion we dropped the ball. I have noted your comments about the decor and bed and will be in contact with the owner about refurbishing the unit. I would be grateful in you could contact me and ensure that all other concerns are rectified. We would hope to have you visit our resort sometime in the future where I am sure we will impress you with our units and cleanliness.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

An amazing appartment with spectacular views (1501) Cannot fault anything about my stay there. Amazing and helpful staff who organised my trips and transfer to the airport.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo

Thankyou Rob for taking time out to write a review on Trip Advisor. We do pride ourselves on our wonderful views of the beach from all our units. Your feedback on our amazing and friendly helpful staff is positive reinforcement about our commitment to customer service. Our team will be happy to hear your feed back. We look forward to welcoming you back at Longbeach on your next trip to the Gold Coast

Reviewed 10 February 2012

We had a 4 day stay there with my wife on the 12th floor overlooking the beach. Room was quite big with big balcony. All facilities were great pool/spa, gym. Close to shops and beach. Staff helpful with everything, we got there early not a problem we wanted to leave late again not a problem. Would stay again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you Lou for your positive comments about Breakfree Longbeach. We do pride ourselves on our wonderful facilities and glad that you enjoyed them. Our focus is on customer service and our team will appreciate your feedback on their helpful service. Our position is ideal being 50 metres from the beach and right in the hub of all the restaurants and cafes.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Breakfree Longbeach on your next trip and thankyou again for taking the time to write a review.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

Great location. Room was very clean. Great views. All areas, pool, gym, etc.. maintained very well. The two bedroom I had did not have working A/C. However, the staff got a couple of fans for the room the next day. So I was also very pleased with the service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank BigJeffrey
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed on 12th floor, great view of beach. 1 bedroom apartment was tidy and in good condition. Large balcony with sliding doors off the bedroom and living room all with ocean views. The outdoor pool/spa was great, surrounded by tropical gardens and indoor pool was warm. Staff provided excellent service, especially the general manager. Across the road from the beach and only a short walk to everything in Surfers Paradise. Would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a holiday apartment on the Gold Coast.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PJBM11
Reviewed 22 January 2012

Lovely staff, great location, an enjoyable stay, the pool, spa, sauna, tennis court were all excellent. Our room was in excellent condition and very clean. Impressed by the balconies off most rooms and not just the loungeroom. Thoroughly enjoyed and will definitely book again.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Spent five nights in two bedroom self contained apartment from 17th December 2011. Excellent customer service. Comfortable & clean rooms with excellent views (3 patios). Kitchen well appointed. Fast lifts. Pool, Spa and BBQ area well kept and pleasure to use, note this area closes at 9pm and you may be locked in if tardy. Coffee shops and restaurants nearby, genuine Italian Restaurant on same block (recommended). A/C not guarenteed master bedroom wasn't but others were. It was interesting to compare Longbeach to Peninsula (see previous review) both in the Breakfree chain. I like both Hotels, however the Longbeach for me was slightly superior in almost every area. Peninsula is two blocks closer to Cavill Ave for me its only win.

Room Tip: Again, great value if you are in the union (unionshopper/departure lounge). Longbeach and Peninsula...