“Great stay”

Breakfree Longbeach Resort
NZ
“Great stay”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

Got a good rate weekedn rate of $101 per night on a discount accommodation site for a one bedroom apartment on 4th floor. Very pleased. The apartment was spacious and spotless. The resort facilities are excellent with indoor and outdoor pools, a spa, a good bbq area and literally two minute walk from the golden sands. With sea views - what's not to like? The Zimbabwean lady was especailly helpful as the room configuration was not as I'd requested but she sorted that out for me. i'll definitely be back. My only negative was that there were only two towels supplied for my stay and if I wanted more I had to pay $3 a towel. For such a good experience in all other ways, they let themselves down on this one point. Two towels for two people for showers, beach and pool for three days is just not enough - hope management takes note.

Room Tip: maybe take ear plugs - night life was boisterours on the street below
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Jan r, General Manager at Breakfree Longbeach Resort, responded to this review, 4 April 2012
Thankyou so much for taking the time to write a review and we really appreciate your good comments about the cleanliness for our units and facilities. I will pass this on to the housekeeping and cleaning team, as they do work very hard and take a lot of pride in their work. We are very lucky at Longbeach that all our units have ocean views, so always have satisfied guests on that count. Being over the road from the gorgeous Gold Coast beaches and just a few blocks from the hub of Surfers certainly is a great selling point for us and of course perfect for us who live on site. I have taken note of your comments about the towels and it is certainly something that I will be looking into. It is good for us to get constructive criticism so we can work hard at creating the perfect holiday destination. Thanks again for your review, and we look forward to welcoming you back to Breakfree Longbeach on your next visit to the Gold Coast.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
Swan Hill, Australia
Reviewed 18 March 2012

Stayed for 8 nights and thoroughly enjoyed the accomodation (1605 & 1501). Cleanliness was good, pool and spa clean and so close to surfers. Friendly and accommodating hotel staff. My only criticsism would be the air conditioning wasn't great in the main bedrooms and tv's were outdated. However would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Brad M
Jan r, General Manager at Breakfree Longbeach Resort, responded to this review, 26 March 2012
Thanks Brad for taking the time to write a review on Breakfree Longbeach. I will pass on your comments about our clean rooms, and facilities to the staff. Cleanliness is a big focus and we appreciate your positive feed back. We are working with owners at upgrading the air-cons and tvs and are hoping to have the majority done within a short time.
Thanks for staying with us - we enjoyed having you and look forward to you staying again on your next trip to the Surfers Paradise
Newcastle, New South Wales, Australia
Reviewed 26 February 2012

Stayed between 18th - 21st of Feb. Made booking after seeing the pictures of a two bedroom apartment provided by management. Shocked by the room when I first walked in. It was a room which time forgot...
Decor was old and worn, bathrooms where dirty (hair on the floor, sand in the shower), the toilet roll holder was broken off and found in the vanity draw. Footprints on the glass coffee table. There was air conditioning but was broken and out of service. The cable television they promise was non existent?? The queen bed was so bad with my partner and I in the bed It sunk in the middle, so she had to to sleep in a single bed in the second bedroom. I know It sounds like Im going on but It was that bad!
When I arrived, I was going to purchase my theme park tickets at reception. The employee was not real sure how to do this obviously, though continued with the purchase. When It seemed Id been overcharged, I asked her to cancel the tickets. She told me she would later that afternoon and said I will give you a courtesy call that she has canceled them. That call never came. The afternoon of my check out a gentleman of Breakfree called to chase up my outstanding balance of $640 of theme park tickets!
BAD BAD BAD!!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Chris K
Jan r, General Manager at Breakfree Longbeach Resort, responded to this review, 27 February 2012
Chris thank you for taking the time to write a comment on Trip Advisor. I was disappointed to read your review and was most concerned about your comments on the cleanliness of the unit. We do pay particular attention to this area but obviously on this occasion we dropped the ball. I have noted your comments about the decor and bed and will be in contact with the owner about refurbishing the unit. I would be grateful in you could contact me and ensure that all other concerns are rectified. We would hope to have you visit our resort sometime in the future where I am sure we will impress you with our units and cleanliness.
Hamilton Island, Australia
Reviewed 23 February 2012

An amazing appartment with spectacular views (1501) Cannot fault anything about my stay there. Amazing and helpful staff who organised my trips and transfer to the airport.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
Thankyou Rob for taking time out to write a review on Trip Advisor. We do pride ourselves on our wonderful views of the beach from all our units. Your feedback on our amazing and friendly helpful staff is positive reinforcement about our commitment to customer service. Our team will be happy to hear your feed back. We look forward to welcoming you back at Longbeach on your next trip to the Gold Coast

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 10 February 2012

We had a 4 day stay there with my wife on the 12th floor overlooking the beach. Room was quite big with big balcony. All facilities were great pool/spa, gym. Close to shops and beach. Staff helpful with everything, we got there early not a problem we wanted to leave late again not a problem. Would stay again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you Lou for your positive comments about Breakfree Longbeach. We do pride ourselves on our wonderful facilities and glad that you enjoyed them. Our focus is on customer service and our team will appreciate your feedback on their helpful service. Our position is ideal being 50 metres from the beach and right in the hub of all the restaurants and cafes.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Breakfree Longbeach on your next trip and thankyou again for taking the time to write a review.
Hobart, Australia
Reviewed 5 February 2012

Great location. Room was very clean. Great views. All areas, pool, gym, etc.. maintained very well. The two bedroom I had did not have working A/C. However, the staff got a couple of fans for the room the next day. So I was also very pleased with the service. Highly recommended.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank BigJeffrey
Adelaide
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed on 12th floor, great view of beach. 1 bedroom apartment was tidy and in good condition. Large balcony with sliding doors off the bedroom and living room all with ocean views. The outdoor pool/spa was great, surrounded by tropical gardens and indoor pool was warm. Staff provided excellent service, especially the general manager. Across the road from the beach and only a short walk to everything in Surfers Paradise. Would recommend this resort to anyone looking for a holiday apartment on the Gold Coast.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple