I was traveling the east coast from South to North and "Backpackers in Paradise" the best hostel I stayed in Australia. It's only an appr. 5 min walk from the Surfers Paradise coach station down the road. The staff is really friendly. I talked to the manager Marcus and he is living in Surfers for a long time, so he knows the place very well. As I wanted top plan my trip a little bit better I talked to Alex. It was a bit tricky because I wasn't to sure what I wanted to do and see. But as he also grew up in this area he knows the coast very well and he was also really helpful. He did a great job on booking all the things for me and also got me a place for Whitsundays which is not to easy to book only two weeks in advance. The kitchen is very very clean and you can find everything you need for cooking. They had pots, cuddlery, cups and so on. There was also a pool you could chill out or playing waterball if you didn't feel like going to the beach. A lot of sun chairs where available to lay on. Also there is a "cinema" where they show movies during the day. If you don't feel like doing one of this those things you can just play some pool or train your beer pong skills playing some water pong. You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol because they have their own bar. I actually didn't think this was bad. Because everybody who wanted to party went out so it was very quiet at night and you could get a good sleep. The room I stayed in was clean as well. It was a 4 dorm girls bed room. I got along with the girls in my room very well. We had an ensuite bathroom. Actually everyone in this hostel was very nice and I felt so comfortable there after the first night I ended up staying 3 nights instead of 2 and was really sad when I had to leave this place. "Backpackers in Paradise" is a very nice and friendly hostel where I felt like home for a short period and found a new family. I love this place and would also recommend it to my friends.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Backpackers in Paradise is located in the heart of Surfers Paradise close to the beaches, night life, shopping and only 100 metres walk from the Bus Terminal. We offer travellers a fun and inviting place to stay in the perfect location to see and do everything the Gold Coast has to offer ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Backpackers In Paradise reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Backpackers In Paradise Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Backpackers In Paradise Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia