“Decent”

Backpackers In Paradise
Reviewed 11 May 2014 via mobile

The hostel is not very clean, however the staff is friendly and they give good advise on where to go.

The hostel is situated on walking distance of the beach, bars and shops. Its a 5-10 minute walk.

Nice open place to meet other travelers, and with a swimming pool.

The kitchen is oke, but it needs new pans, stoves and cutlery.

They advertise with free wifi, but you have to pay for it. Paying for wifi is so 1999, so I gave 2 stars instead of 3.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Roy C
Markus_bip, Manager at Backpackers In Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

Hi there, thanks for the good review. Its a true pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay & found all of our staff friendly. Enjoy your travels & hope to see you again sometime soon :).

The B.I.P team

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Loved this place! We ended up staying for about 3 months. Best atmosphere, plenty of outdoor space, swimming pools and BBQ :)

Only a couple min walk to the beach and clubs.

Dorm rooms with ensuite was great, recommend the 4 bed dorms.

Really friendly staff, great people always there to help and make friends with.

Clean for a hostel and the kitchen is decent too!

• Stayed: March 2014
Markus_bip, Manager at Backpackers In Paradise, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and would love to have you back in the near future.
from all the team here at Backpackers in paradise : )

Reviewed 30 April 2014

Was staying here back in January and really enjoyed myself so made it a point to come back. Fun place, nice to lounge out by the pool or take a short walk to the beach. Close to woolys and cavil ave. Awesome staff, willing to help however they can.

• Stayed: April 2014

from all the team here at Backpackers in paradise : )

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights on our way up the coast, it was one of our favourites! its close to the main town which is a nice plus! The only option left was the big 14 bed dorm when we checked in, so the girl upgraded us to a double for the same price as a 4 bed dorm, which was a nice surprise!! The staff really looked after us, the guy who runs the tour side was fantastic, he spent nearly an hr with us telling us about the highlights of Queensland & it took him ages to get us the dates we needed for our Fraser & Whitsunday islands trips. They discounted the tours for us & the things he recommended was absolutely perfect especially the fraser trip(see other reviews).

The kitchen wasn't overly brilliant & some of our food was stolen, but apart from that it was an enjoyable experience!! So good we went back before renting our unit!

Room Tip: Try for an up-grade
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and was pleased with our reception staff. Glad we could get you sorted out and good to know that you enjoyed your trips. Sorry to hear about your food in the kitchen we hope you can still return in the near future to stay with us again.
From our team at the Backpackers in paradise : )

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I stayed in this hostel first alone and then with my partner.

After staying at some bad hostels this has been a breath of fresh air, the place is run very professionally and looks stunning.

They have been flexible to my needs, my girlfriend is extremely picky when it comes to rooms and hostels but she loved this place too. The standard is great and for the same price I don't think you'll find a better deal. Whether you want to stay long term or just for a few days.
Even after staying for awhile they were kind enough to upgrade me and my girlfriends room to a better one for no extra cost! We didn't want to leave in the end.

The staff are all friendly and very helpful, if you have any questions they will always give you their time to help you out and have tons of recommendations and advice for the area.

I will summarize:

-The hostel is in a great location just a 5 minute walk from the beach and central town.
-Rooms cleaned daily or on request.
-Mostly en-suite bathrooms.
-They run cheap bar tours every night if you want to party and meet people which are out of the hostel by 10pm so if you want to sleep there is no noise late at night.
-Full size pool with a Jacuzzi type addition to it.
-Cheap cafe on site as well as a convenience shop
-Wifi available
-Cinema room with lots of movies that's free.
-Pool tables and table tennis
-Airport transfers
-Cheap surf lessons and board hire
-New bedding whenever
-luggage storage
-Kitchen can get a bit cramped when busy but on the bright side its very sociable and I never had a problem cooking every night,

I haven't seen another hostel that offers as much as this one does so I will totally recommend it.

Room Tip: If your a couple look at the double rooms they are worth the money! If not I stayed in a 4 dorm and...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response, we are very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hope you will come stay with us again in the near future!
From all the team here at Backpackers in paradise :)

Reviewed 29 March 2014

I was traveling the east coast from South to North and "Backpackers in Paradise" the best hostel I stayed in Australia. It's only an appr. 5 min walk from the Surfers Paradise coach station down the road. The staff is really friendly. I talked to the manager Marcus and he is living in Surfers for a long time, so he knows the place very well. As I wanted top plan my trip a little bit better I talked to Alex. It was a bit tricky because I wasn't to sure what I wanted to do and see. But as he also grew up in this area he knows the coast very well and he was also really helpful. He did a great job on booking all the things for me and also got me a place for Whitsundays which is not to easy to book only two weeks in advance. The kitchen is very very clean and you can find everything you need for cooking. They had pots, cuddlery, cups and so on. There was also a pool you could chill out or playing waterball if you didn't feel like going to the beach. A lot of sun chairs where available to lay on. Also there is a "cinema" where they show movies during the day. If you don't feel like doing one of this those things you can just play some pool or train your beer pong skills playing some water pong. You are not allowed to bring your own alcohol because they have their own bar. I actually didn't think this was bad. Because everybody who wanted to party went out so it was very quiet at night and you could get a good sleep. The room I stayed in was clean as well. It was a 4 dorm girls bed room. I got along with the girls in my room very well. We had an ensuite bathroom. Actually everyone in this hostel was very nice and I felt so comfortable there after the first night I ended up staying 3 nights instead of 2 and was really sad when I had to leave this place. "Backpackers in Paradise" is a very nice and friendly hostel where I felt like home for a short period and found a new family. I love this place and would also recommend it to my friends.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response. We are so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope too see you again!
From all the team here at Backpackers in paradise :)

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Was in Surfers Paradise for a week and wanted somewhere close to the beach/nightlife/town centre and Backpackers In Paradise was perfect for that! Room was basic but clean and tidy and bed was comfy! Found the atmosphere at the hostel very sociable and staff very efficient and friendly! Only negative I can think of was that the shower drain was blocked the first day but staff sorted it out as soon as I reported it. Would def come back here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to leave a response, we are very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you would come back! We hope to see you soon. Happy travels
From our team here at the backpackers in paradise :)

Also consider these accommodations in or near Surfers Paradise
Bunk Surfers Paradise
Bunk Surfers Paradise
#54 of 369 in Gold Coast
Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort
Surfers Paradise Backpackers Res...
#39 of 124 in Surfers Paradise
Aquarius Backpackers
Aquarius Backpackers
#42 of 124 in Surfers Paradise

Been to Backpackers In Paradise? Share your experiences!