What an awesome hostel. It's location is slightly far out from Surfers Paradise to walk to but there is a complimentary shuttle bus running fairly regularly in and out of town. It's located in pleasant Mariners Wharf which is actually a great escape from the crazy hustle and bustle of Surfers. It's a slightly strange layout with reception being in a separate place to the rooms but it's easy to get around and it's secure from none residents. There are pleanty of restaurants close by including a mcdonalds for the skint backpackers. Lovely views over the skyline and the harbour from the balcony and the rooms are fairly spacious. The only thing that was disappointing was that the room only had 1 small fan which only hit 2 of the beds, neither of which was mine. It forced us to have to sleep with the door wide open to get a breeze through which isn't always my first option. There were lockers in the room though so valuables were fine. Would definitely recommend and would stay again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- There is something for every backpacker at Surfers Paradise YHA hostel; white sandy beaches, 24 hour shopping, theme parks (Seaworld down the road) and national parks, adrenalin kicks on the ground, in the air and underwater, city sights and rainforest hinterland. Surfers Paradise is all about action, excitement and adventure! The YHA Travel desk at reception offers a wide range of activities and tours. There is also a free Wifi Hot Spot (Wifi Plus also available). ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, HostelWorld and Odigeo so you can book your Surfers Paradise YHA at Main Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Yha At Main Beach Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise YHA At Main Beach Gold Coast, Australia