one of the managers / reception staff was rude (I greeted him in the morning but he just walked away). one of my friends asked about transportation to the airport, what she got in response was "see there. see there" (pointing at a map). No fan in the bathroom, so never got a nice shower and stream went direct to the bedroom... nowhere for hanging a single piece of clothes... oh i even couldn't hang my towel in the bathroom. toilet in my room wasn't cleaned for at least 3 days. Public areas were clean and well maintained though. wifi free for 2 days and only accessible on the G/F. the only things I appreciated were 1. balcony 2. free pool table and 3. cupcakes made by a lady (probably a cleaner who worked there). stay somewhere else!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Relax, have a beer and play a friendly game of pool, watch the game on our large plasma TV or party it up with other backpackers in our fully licensed bar. Our friendly and fun staff will make sure you enjoy your stay on the Gold Coast with special activity nights, such as bbq's, pool competitions, drink specials and more. At Gold Coast International Backpackers it's Happy Hour every night so you can make new friends and save some money before going out to the clubs!!On site we have a fully licensed bar, secure underground parking, a fully equipped self-serve kitchen,self serve laundry facilities, a large bbq area, free pool, a comfy lounge area, darts, cheap internet, free Wi-Fi, and a free booking service for all the major theme parks.ALSO the bonus of having YOUR OWN PRIVATE ENSUITES AND BALCONY in every room with a max per room of only 4 people. Very female friendly!Accommodation InformationIf you are looking to meet great people and create great memories then this is the place to be! At the Gold Coast International Backpackers we will make your stay one to remember!Amenities:Free Wi-Fi no limitsTowels for Hire / SaleFree Pool TableBBQFully Equipped kitchenLinen IncludedCommon RoomFree ParkingTours/Travel deskLicensed BarOutdoor TerraceEvent NightsReception Open from 7:00am to 10:30pm*ALL GUESTS MUST BE 18 YEARS OF AGE OR OLDER**At time of check-in all guests must present an International Passport and a valid credit card.***Please note we do not accept schoolies, any schoolies bookings made will not be honoured and may not be subject to a refund.**We will be closed on Christmas day and New Years Day therefore will not be able to accept any check-ins / outs on these days. Please do not book these days as we will not be able to honour them.WE HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON!LIKE US ON FACEBOOK! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, HostelWorld, Ebookers and Cancelon so you can book your Gold Coast International Backpacker Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Gold Coast International Backpacker Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Gold Coast International Backpacker Resort Surfers Paradise, Australia