Paid a little extra to get a double room because we read that it was a bit of a party hostel. It was nice to have our own space with kitchen and living area. The kitchen was a bit grubby and so was our room but it was grand. When we took our sheets off the bed to check out, the mattress looked like a massive sponge. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good courtyard for games and there's a bar. It's close to the beach but I think everywhere in surfers is close to the beach. It is a long long walk into the main town area but will be handy trip in when the tram opens.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort. Cleanliness, friendly service and great value for money are qualities which have made us the destination of choice for so many travelers over the past 25 years. Fantastic and unrivaled facilities; spacious, en-suite dormitory rooms and fully contained, 2 bedroom apartments make us stand out above the others. Centrally positioned for clubbing, shopping, sporting events, cinema and restaurants. Only 150m to the beach and a local bus ride to the theme parks. We are also on the local bus route to and from Gold Coast airport and a cheap and easy trainlink ride from Brisbane. We offer a FREE pick up from the Transit Centre in Surfers Paradise. FREE WiFi 15 hours each day. FREE Sauna. FREE laundry facilities. FREE body board hire. FREE DVD or video hire. FREE Playstation 3. FREE table tennis, basketball, volleyball, badminton and tennis. Free nightly events with other backpackers in the area. Participating hostel in the famous Backpacker Big Night Out each Wednesday and Saturday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Surfers Paradise Backpackers Hotel Surfers Paradise
- Surfers Paradise Backpackers Resort Gold Coast, Australia