BreakFree Beachpoint
Reviewed 9 April 2013

We stayed here for three nights over Easter. Overall the room and facility was very impressive: free underground parking, indoor + outdoor pool, spacious rooms, great view from the balcony. The location is perfect for the beach, but a bit of a walk (15mins +) to Cavill Street and restaurants.

It was great value and we had everything we needed and more in the apartment. Maybe we were just lucky compared to some other reviewers but the fixtures and fittings were high-quality and clean (if a bit 80s).

Only complaint would be that if we were staying for longer, to be supplied with a few more towels and more dishwashing liquid, milk etc.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 April 2013

Just had a week's stay in one of their 2 bedroom apartments. We had great views - panoramic, north and east, across from the beach. This is 3 1/2 star accommodation - and excellent 3 1/2 star accommodation. Yes, the kitchen might be dated etc., but everything worked. The pools, both indoor and outdoor were pristine and a great depth, and maintained constantly. The gardens were lovely. Good bbq setup, great location. The staff were wonderful. We couldn't ask for more. On arrival I felt the LARGE windows were a little misty ( sea spray?) and so when I went to reception on my way out to shop, I asked the young man on reception if he might have for me on my return, a cloth and window cleaner, so that I myself could clean the windows. I stressed that I was happy to do this - BUT upon return, the windows had been cleaned. We also had a new air-conditioning unit which failed the 2nd day. We informed reception (on Good Friday), they checked it out - said they needed to get someone in - probably after Easter - BUT someone came the following day!! Talk about service. We had a light globe go - replaced straight away. Clock radio didn't work - reception was informed - AGAIN replaced immediately. TIP - if you have a problem, don't grumble about it, nicely ask management to help, and they probably will - they want happy customers. When booking, I asked them to give us a room they would be happy to put their mother in. They must love their mum. Our room was 7A. There is a price to pay for the ocean view - the noise of the waves - but the view is worth it (just close the windows at night for sleeping). Also free secure onsite parking. Would I stay again - in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Ocean view room was large with great views, but remember it will be a bit noisy because of the surf...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 March 2013

After responding to internet advertisement offering a minimum 5 night stay ocean view 2 bedroom partment for $147 per night I made a booking and was informed by the operator she could even better the advertised price and make it $138 per night. I was happy to go ahead and make a booking. Big MISTAKE! Turns out we have a 2 bedroom apartment, no views and when I questioned Mantra I was told virtually too bad and if I wanted a 2 bedroom ocean view apartment for 6 nights it would now cost $169 per night. I am about to travel and as I have already paid the full amount as required I will lose the full amount if I choose to cancel or don't turn up. I am forced to stay in accommodation I did not book or want. BE AWARE OF THIS CON!

Room Tip: Dont pay before you get the type of room you requested
Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Robert H
Reviewed 1 March 2013

Stayed in a two-bedroom apartment. The apartment is a great size and very spacious. Had a balcony but unfortunately no beach views. The apartments are old and tired. Furniture and equipment, such as dishwasher, are in urgent need of an update. The rooms could have been cleaner upon arrival and needed to be aired out for a while. Don't think the oven had been cleaned. The facilities such as the indoor/outdoor pool, spa and sauna are also extremely dated but they are fine regardless. The reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Location is good- right across the road from the beach and just a short walk away from Cavil Avenue.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 6 February 2013

It's sad when I have to write a negative review. Unfortunately my stay at Breakfree Beachpoint was very disappointing.

The room was nothing at all like in the photos. The room was extremely dated with very old furniture. The biggest problem I had with the room was the smell. Of course Queensland has very humid weather but the room overwhelmingly smelt like wet mouldy carpet!. We had to constantly keep the windows open to manage the smell.

We requested a double bed but got two singles instead which we had to push together ourselves.

Staff were quite friendly but I wont be staying here again nor recommend this accommodation.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jess2525
Reviewed 18 January 2013 via mobile

The rooms here are a great size and you have everything you need. Good pool and fantastic location, straight across from the beach and a short walk to cavil. Staff were more then helpful when any problem arose.

I do agree the rooms weren't super clean, and you only get housekeeping if you stay more then 8 days. We stayed for 10 but only got house keeping once. Also we had to pay a charge of $10 to use the tennis court which you think would be included. Plus if you don't do your dishes before you leave you get charged $25, the last thing I want to do on my nice holiday is dishes.

Clearly an older hotel, but if you don't let little things get to you youll have a great time.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 3 January 2013

Holiday apartment was atrocious, oven putrid and full of grease on oven racks and oven trays. Range hood dripped of oil every time we tried to cooked dinner. 2 out of the four elements on the cooktop did not work. When we first arrived to our hotel room the kitchen smelt of cooked fish. The cleaners only used odour neutraliser as a temporary measure. One of the single beds had 4 broken legs out of the six. Smoke alarms clotted with dust. Fridge constantly leaked water and didn't cool the food properly. We spoke to reception on 3 occasions over the first 4 days that we were there and on two of the occasions the receptionist said that the manager would contact us. We never saw the manager at all. We even wrote a letter of complaint about the poor conditions of the hotel on Christmas eve. It is now the 3rd January and we have not been approached or contacted by the hotel. We also had one 2ltr pot to cook with. The toaster was unusable and when we gave it to reception, 2 days later we had to ask for a replacement as one was not offered. We were suppose to get house keeping done in the middle of our 8 day stay and which never happened. The clothes dryer didn't work properly, it took 1hr on the high heat setting to dry our costumes.

Room Tip: Look at the title of our review. "stay away from Beachpoint"
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family