“Stunning views, decent price and superb location!”

BreakFree Beachpoint
Labrador, Australia
“Stunning views, decent price and superb location!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here in a two bedroom ocean view apartment and loved it! It had a very spacious lounge with modern furnishings and modern kitchen and bathrooms. The beds were very comfortable and enjoyed ocean views all around as we were located on a corner apartment. Free undercover parking was convenient and cavill ave was a short walk away. The reception staff were lovely and helpfull and Sam the security guard was really friendly! Overall we really enjoyed our weekend away and will definately stay here again soon. Absolutely recommend this to everyone higher floor the better!

• Stayed April 2014
Nicole B, General Manager at BreakFree Beachpoint, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on trip adviser. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again in the near future

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Auckland
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for 5 nights 15-20 May 2014. We paid extra for oceanview room and had 10A which was amazing. The apartment was roomy for 4 adults and 1 infant. Paid extra for cot and highchair. The apartment had everything you need for a holiday with under cover parking.

My only complaint is that I think the ladies on reception could be more helpful. Certainly not offering any assistance when having booked Seaworld tickets on line at 2 for the price of 1 were not interested in printing them out for you as obviously they wanted you to purchase the tickets from them at the full price and they get commission. Sent us across the street to another property to download from the internet. I am thinking with the amount of properties on the Gold Coast and none of them full that they would be looking to offer excellent service as a point of difference.

We did not get a towel for the baby and when asked was told we could hire one! Had to request additional toilet paper and soap as we had no replacement roll and only one very small round guest soap for 2 adults.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the oceanview provides hours of entertainment at no additional cost.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Frances W
Thanks for taking the time to email.
We are pleased to hear that you loved the apartment 10A. I will pass your feedback onto the owner.
In regards to the printing of the tickets, I have spoken to reception and they did think that a USB was to be used, as per our Mantra procedure we are not able to place these into our computer. Not sure if this was explained to you. We do hire extra linen at a small cost, I am sure if the ladies were advised that this was not provided with the cot they would of provided this free of charge. As our apartments are fully self-contained we do only supply the first lot of toilet paper etc for when you arrive, but we can also provide extra toilet paper free of charge if requested.

Thanks again for taking the time to email us as we do take negative and positive feedback on board.
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

preface: I deduct half a star for every bad point about my stay, if it is a more weighted issue I may deduct more.

I'll start with the average to good points.
There was a good amount of space in the rooms and the location was quite favourable. 8 minute walk from Coles and 15 minute maximum from Centro. Functional Spa,Pools,Sauna and BBQ area.
Good thing we weren't there in the busy months of the year, I reckon it would be quite crowded.

Now the bad:
Beachtowels were not provided as a courtesy but charged at $4 each for the length of your stay.
The dishwasher was very smelly. Inspecting the dishes themselves revealed noticeable grime if you know what you're looking at and for. It put me off using the provided dishes. I had to scrub the pots I used to cook for 5 minutes to eliminate all traces of grime. Maybe it's a dishwasher problem,I don't know, but to be safe I'd not recommend using their dishwashers. The refrigerator seemed like it was just turned on when we arrived as it did not feel cold until I turned the thermostat inside way down and left it for about a day or so.
We were greeted by a person who worked there on one day to be asked to use the carpark entrance if returning from the Beach. No obvious signage was posted anywhere for us to know about this rule. Upon looking for signage, I found it written on a glass door that nobody uses and it locked.
The beds froar m my experience seemed on their last legs. I had to switch ends for more comfort. But I think either these beds aren't made for people over 100kg or they are just worn and need replacing. Pillows did not feel comfortable to me and were rock hard within a day.
*not neccessarily bad points: The chlorine smell of the indoor pools were drawn out by exhausts and fans. Outside near the fans the true smell could be known(Chlorine is not smelly until it reacts with human excretions, bacteria etc) from the outside not the worst "chlorine smell" I've nosed. Spa was a bit slippery(maybe due to grime?) I don't know if it's normal for Spas to be very slippery as I've only tried one... *
Room Service for outside restaurants seemed incredibly pricey which on top of the normally inflated price of takeaway food on the GC seemed like highway robbery.
I found a shard of glass on the carpet under the lounge, this indicates to me these apartments are not vaccumed prior to guests arriving.
The sign on the door claimed the bedding had been cleaned within an inch of its life by some cleaning company, but rather oddly the dates for its last clean and future clean schedule were absent.
I find it odd they expect guests to use the dishwasher yet it obviously is not adequate to make dishes clean and grime-free.
Television seemed a bit small for the large room.
The windows and slide doors did not seem to have that "fluff" between them that stops drafts and seals better against noise. It was just metal frame on metal frame.
You are charged to make local calls.
No Wifi and internet consisted of a single computer in an enclosed corner of the lobby you paid to use.

Even though offered a 10% discount on our next visit(I don't know if they offer all guests this anyway) it would still not be worth revisiting. I could of complained as the issues arose instead of at the end of my stay, but these are issues that should be non-existent in the first place.

Reception being closed before 3:15pm on any day of the week seems strange to me.
(it was a Sunday in my case).
Hot water proved a problem when both showers were running simultaneously.
Two showers should not be there if only one is capable of running at optimal performance at a time.

A good location seems close to all this place has going for it. And decent view, but I'd assume almost all hotels in the area would have this going for them.

1 1/2 - 2 stars.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Byron L J
Nicole B, General Manager at BreakFree Beachpoint, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are sorry to hear of your concerns, I can assure you had these been brought to our attention whilst you were here, we would have had rectified what was at the control at a resort level.
If you wish to contact me to discuss these issues, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Once again thanks for taking the time.

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Grafton, Australia
Reviewed 25 April 2014

Family and I stayed here for 4 nights and all of us wished it was for longer. We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment (16J) and from the first phonecall to a very helpful manager Nikki to checkout we could not have been more happy. The room had the most amazing ocean views, we could of sat on the balcony all day taking them in. The apartment was clean and had everything available to us that we needed. Cavil Ave and all the action was just a short stroll away and the beach literally a 1 minute walk. Clean outdoor and indoor pool plus spa had the kids amused for hours and also a lovely BBQ area right next to the pool with seating available in a garden setting. Overall a great stay and I would recommend Breakfree Beachpoint to anyone wanting to visit Surfers Paradise. Will be returning in the near future.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Glenita
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We do love to hear of the positive feedback.
We hope to meet you and your family in the near future
Darwin, Australia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Took me by surprise. The apartment was a two bedroom and 4 of us girls were more than pleased. We had a view of the beach and slept like a baby to the sound of the waves. The apartment was nice and it was equipped with everything we needed. The staff were also friendly and helpful when we had questions or when we needed something fixed.

Would definitely book again, it was well within our budget and didn't break the bank!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Nadia L
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are glad you enjoyed your girls weekend, we hope to see you all again in the near future
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 27 March 2014

I stayed there with my family (5 of us) for 3 nights and it was fantastic. if I really wanted to be a whinger I would only whinge about the large sofa was broken in the middle and you could only sit on the sides and the walls were a bit grubby. ( but I was there for a holiday no to stare at the walls)
Everything else was fine. We stayed in unit 6A and I would happily return there. The staff were friendly. I read so many bad reviews for the place after I booked and i was scared as to what i was going to walk in to I was ready with Glen 20, bleach and disinfectant, happy to say I did not need to use this. :)

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kristy-Lee R
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.
We do take negative and positive feedback on board. I am sorry to hear about the sofa bed, had this been brought to our attention whilst you were here we would have had it rectified. The same with the walls.
We hope to see you all again in the near future, so please give us a call or send us an email.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Staying at this hotel made my holiday even more enjoyable! It was me, my younger brother and my parents and we loved it. The staff were some of the friendliest people our family had ever met, the rooms were perfectly cleaned, with two bathrooms and two bedrooms. Having the balcony that allowed you to look over the water was incredible. Having both the indoor and outdoor pools (both heated) was something we loved the most, and the spa was awesome. We're already spoke of coming back and staying in the same hotel, and we only returned home a couple of days ago! Thank you so much!

Room Tip: Definitely try and get an ocean view apartment, you wont regret it!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Elle W
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are so pleased that you and your family enjoyed your stay and the staff were very friendly. We do always like to ensure that our customer service is always of a very high standard.
We hope to see you all again in the near future, so please when travelling give us a call or send an email.