“Breakfree” 5 of 5 bubbles

BreakFree Beachpoint
Tasmania
“Breakfree”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Loved staying at this Hotel the staff were so helpful, we had a wonderful view of the sea, and our rooms were great we were 2 females but we were given a 2 bedroom apartment with seperate bathroom each, the kitchen was large with stove microwave and dishwasher there was a fully equiped laundry as well , luxury away from home. Would go back again, everything was great even the heated indoor pool .

Room Tip: Choose one facing the sea the view is magnificent especially at night with the moon and lights ref...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Nicole B, General Manager at BreakFree Beachpoint, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay. I am glad to hear that the staff were very friendly. We do like to ensure that all guests get great customer service. Please next time you are travelling ensure that you give us a call.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
Perth, Western Australia, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

We just loved our 4 day stay. Nothing to fault from any point, so close to everything, freindly staff, would definately stay here again. Room had everything we needed. Walking distance to main shopping area ar surfers. Great places to eat out near by and once that tram is running perfect as there will be a stop just outside.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kim189
Nicole B, Manager at BreakFree Beachpoint, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We also do think that we have a great place and are glad that you could also enjoy it. We do hope that you can come back to see us again, please give us a call next time you are travelling to the Gold Coast as we would love to accommodate you all again.
Brisbane
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We have been staying here nearly every year for the past decade and I must say that the quality and cleanliness has been on the decline. The beds are awful and the pillows are as thin as postage stamps I'm not sure if you can find out how old they are or how often a hotel should change them but these are way overdue! The carpets where dirty and not vaccumed and the kitchen was not equipped as it should be. Great location and service but I guess you get what you pay for. The general hygiene and comfort really need some attention!

• Stayed June 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Alit4
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments. I am sorry to hear of your concerns. I can assure you had this been brought to our attention whilst you were in house we would have had them rectified. If you wish to contact me to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to call me. Thanks again for placing your comments
Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

This is more a review of the individual apartment rather than the complex. So to start I will say that the complex was generally well maintained. The gardens were very nice around the outdoor pool area, the indoor pool & spa were also very clean. Staff friendly, location very well placed & close to all amenities & shops, but there is no internet access available in the building.
Now - Apartment 2G. Large & spacious 1 brm apartment with a very large fully enclosed balcony. Unfortunately the balcony was heavily planted down one side & this blocked about 60% of the natural light coming into the apartment, it was very gloomy & depressing to be inside & the inside lighting was also not bright enough. Two of the three ceiling fans in the apartment did not work. The vertical blinds in the lounge had several panels missing & one side would not open/shut. The main bathroom shower was was in need of cleaning in the corners & the soap holder over the bath was broken with dangerous jagged edges which had been "temporarily" covered with green masking tape. The toilet roll holder was also broken & dirty. In the bedroom one of the storage cupboards was hanging on by a single hinge when opened & needed repairing & there was no clock radio/alarm. The bed was very firm & the pillows thin & hard also. In the kitchen the oven was a bit rusty & unpleasant.
I do not expect these types of self catering apartments to be like a 5 star hotel but they should at least be well maintained & functional & it is a bonus if the owners have refurbished.
I would not recommend for any one to stay in apartment 2G & we have certainly been put off returning here again even if offered a better unit.

Room Tip: If booking directly always ask for a refurbished apartment.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Trevor N
Nicole B, General Manager at BreakFree Beachpoint, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on trip advisor . We do take negative and positive feedback on board. We are sorry to hear of your concerns. I can assure you had this been brought to our attention the issues you had, we would have had them rectified. If you wish to discuss this further please don’t hesitate to contact me.

Travellers are raving about these Surfers Paradise hotels

Labrador, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here in a two bedroom ocean view apartment and loved it! It had a very spacious lounge with modern furnishings and modern kitchen and bathrooms. The beds were very comfortable and enjoyed ocean views all around as we were located on a corner apartment. Free undercover parking was convenient and cavill ave was a short walk away. The reception staff were lovely and helpfull and Sam the security guard was really friendly! Overall we really enjoyed our weekend away and will definately stay here again soon. Absolutely recommend this to everyone higher floor the better!

• Stayed April 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on trip adviser. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we do hope to see you again in the near future
Auckland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed for 5 nights 15-20 May 2014. We paid extra for oceanview room and had 10A which was amazing. The apartment was roomy for 4 adults and 1 infant. Paid extra for cot and highchair. The apartment had everything you need for a holiday with under cover parking.

My only complaint is that I think the ladies on reception could be more helpful. Certainly not offering any assistance when having booked Seaworld tickets on line at 2 for the price of 1 were not interested in printing them out for you as obviously they wanted you to purchase the tickets from them at the full price and they get commission. Sent us across the street to another property to download from the internet. I am thinking with the amount of properties on the Gold Coast and none of them full that they would be looking to offer excellent service as a point of difference.

We did not get a towel for the baby and when asked was told we could hire one! Had to request additional toilet paper and soap as we had no replacement roll and only one very small round guest soap for 2 adults.

Room Tip: Pay extra for the oceanview provides hours of entertainment at no additional cost.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Frances W
Thanks for taking the time to email.
We are pleased to hear that you loved the apartment 10A. I will pass your feedback onto the owner.
In regards to the printing of the tickets, I have spoken to reception and they did think that a USB was to be used, as per our Mantra procedure we are not able to place these into our computer. Not sure if this was explained to you. We do hire extra linen at a small cost, I am sure if the ladies were advised that this was not provided with the cot they would of provided this free of charge. As our apartments are fully self-contained we do only supply the first lot of toilet paper etc for when you arrive, but we can also provide extra toilet paper free of charge if requested.

Thanks again for taking the time to email us as we do take negative and positive feedback on board.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

preface: I deduct half a star for every bad point about my stay, if it is a more weighted issue I may deduct more.

I'll start with the average to good points.
There was a good amount of space in the rooms and the location was quite favourable. 8 minute walk from Coles and 15 minute maximum from Centro. Functional Spa,Pools,Sauna and BBQ area.
Good thing we weren't there in the busy months of the year, I reckon it would be quite crowded.

Now the bad:
Beachtowels were not provided as a courtesy but charged at $4 each for the length of your stay.
The dishwasher was very smelly. Inspecting the dishes themselves revealed noticeable grime if you know what you're looking at and for. It put me off using the provided dishes. I had to scrub the pots I used to cook for 5 minutes to eliminate all traces of grime. Maybe it's a dishwasher problem,I don't know, but to be safe I'd not recommend using their dishwashers. The refrigerator seemed like it was just turned on when we arrived as it did not feel cold until I turned the thermostat inside way down and left it for about a day or so.
We were greeted by a person who worked there on one day to be asked to use the carpark entrance if returning from the Beach. No obvious signage was posted anywhere for us to know about this rule. Upon looking for signage, I found it written on a glass door that nobody uses and it locked.
The beds froar m my experience seemed on their last legs. I had to switch ends for more comfort. But I think either these beds aren't made for people over 100kg or they are just worn and need replacing. Pillows did not feel comfortable to me and were rock hard within a day.
*not neccessarily bad points: The chlorine smell of the indoor pools were drawn out by exhausts and fans. Outside near the fans the true smell could be known(Chlorine is not smelly until it reacts with human excretions, bacteria etc) from the outside not the worst "chlorine smell" I've nosed. Spa was a bit slippery(maybe due to grime?) I don't know if it's normal for Spas to be very slippery as I've only tried one... *
Room Service for outside restaurants seemed incredibly pricey which on top of the normally inflated price of takeaway food on the GC seemed like highway robbery.
I found a shard of glass on the carpet under the lounge, this indicates to me these apartments are not vaccumed prior to guests arriving.
The sign on the door claimed the bedding had been cleaned within an inch of its life by some cleaning company, but rather oddly the dates for its last clean and future clean schedule were absent.
I find it odd they expect guests to use the dishwasher yet it obviously is not adequate to make dishes clean and grime-free.
Television seemed a bit small for the large room.
The windows and slide doors did not seem to have that "fluff" between them that stops drafts and seals better against noise. It was just metal frame on metal frame.
You are charged to make local calls.
No Wifi and internet consisted of a single computer in an enclosed corner of the lobby you paid to use.

Even though offered a 10% discount on our next visit(I don't know if they offer all guests this anyway) it would still not be worth revisiting. I could of complained as the issues arose instead of at the end of my stay, but these are issues that should be non-existent in the first place.

Reception being closed before 3:15pm on any day of the week seems strange to me.
(it was a Sunday in my case).
Hot water proved a problem when both showers were running simultaneously.
Two showers should not be there if only one is capable of running at optimal performance at a time.

A good location seems close to all this place has going for it. And decent view, but I'd assume almost all hotels in the area would have this going for them.

1 1/2 - 2 stars.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Byron L J
Nicole B, General Manager at BreakFree Beachpoint, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thanks for taking the time to place your comments on Trip Advisor.
We are sorry to hear of your concerns, I can assure you had these been brought to our attention whilst you were here, we would have had rectified what was at the control at a resort level.
If you wish to contact me to discuss these issues, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Once again thanks for taking the time.

Regards