“Kids had a ball”

and up
Learn to Surf at Broadbeach on the Gold Coast
Ranked #3 of 42 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise has a shop at the beach end of Cavill Avenue and provide 2 hour surfing lessons every day from $55. Stand up paddle lessons are also run daily. We also provide surf boards, bodyboards, and other beach equipment for hire and sale. All our instructors are fully qualified surf life savers to make sure we provide a safe environment to learn in.
Melbourne, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Kids had a ball”
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We booked our two girls - 9&10 - in for a surf lesson as part of a group. There were 2 other similar aged kids but the rest of the group were adults. I cannot speak highly enough of the service, coaching, communication and results that we received. The two coaches were fantastic - easy to talk to, looked after the kids well and their safety session was easy to understand. The girls had a ball and we would highly recommend this business to others.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Lockyer Valley, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Rusty surfer”
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

I used the go ride a wave surf school to get back into the water after a 5 month break, and it great.
I was apprehensive about heading out by myself, which is another reason I wanted a lesson.
The instructor, Wazza, was great. I was shaky to start with but quickly regained my confidence. He gave me great tips for me to work on, which will help greatly.
We only had three in the group which was excellent, and were told we could hire a board for$20 for four hours after Doing the lesson. Great for beginners, or people wanting so tips (or if apprehensive and rusty).

Visited August 2013
Singapore
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Very fun”
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Kids (8 & 10) were very keen on this and I thought I would tag along as well. It was a great experience and not as hard as it seems! The instructor made sure everyone stood up on their boards, even if it meant he had to hold on to it. I really appreciated that as you go away with some measure of self-achievement. The kids enjoyed it so much they went the following day as well and I've got some great videos.

Visited June 2013
Brisbane, Australia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Great staff and a fun experience”
Reviewed 19 April 2013 via mobile

First time having a crack at surfing. Even though the weather was terrible it was still fun and because of the weather the class was small. Would highly recommend go ride a wave to anyone wanting to have a go. Good for hiring of equipment too.

Visited April 2013
Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great learning experience and friendly staff!!”
Reviewed 4 February 2013

The lesson was at a great time and I learned so many things about the ocean as well as learning how to surf. I have taken a surf lesson on a vacation in Brazil but Go Ride A Wave staff are much more knowledgeable!! I definitely recommend it!

Visited April 2012