“Cheers bro!”

Learn to Surf at Broadbeach on the Gold Coast
Learn to Surf at Coolangatta on the Gold Coast
Ranked #4 of 44 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise has a shop at the beach end of Cavill Avenue and provide 2 hour surfing lessons every day from $55. Stand up paddle lessons are also run daily. We also provide surf boards, bodyboards, and other beach equipment for hire and sale. All our instructors are fully qualified surf life savers to make sure we provide a safe environment to learn in.
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I had a fantastic time learning how to surf with Wazza and Dan. They were both really easy to talk to, great communicators and made everyone feel safe throughout the entire lesson.

Definitely recommend!!

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We booked our two girls - 9&10 - in for a surf lesson as part of a group. There were 2 other similar aged kids but the rest of the group were adults. I cannot speak highly enough of the service, coaching, communication and results that we received. The two coaches were fantastic - easy to talk to, looked after the kids well and their safety session was easy to understand. The girls had a ball and we would highly recommend this business to others.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I used the go ride a wave surf school to get back into the water after a 5 month break, and it great.
I was apprehensive about heading out by myself, which is another reason I wanted a lesson.
The instructor, Wazza, was great. I was shaky to start with but quickly regained my confidence. He gave me great tips for me to work on, which will help greatly.
We only had three in the group which was excellent, and were told we could hire a board for$20 for four hours after Doing the lesson. Great for beginners, or people wanting so tips (or if apprehensive and rusty).

Reviewed 12 July 2013

Kids (8 & 10) were very keen on this and I thought I would tag along as well. It was a great experience and not as hard as it seems! The instructor made sure everyone stood up on their boards, even if it meant he had to hold on to it. I really appreciated that as you go away with some measure of self-achievement. The kids enjoyed it so much they went the following day as well and I've got some great videos.

Reviewed 19 April 2013

First time having a crack at surfing. Even though the weather was terrible it was still fun and because of the weather the class was small. Would highly recommend go ride a wave to anyone wanting to have a go. Good for hiring of equipment too.