“Better than any Theme Park”

Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise
Book In Advance
More Info
US$53.10*
and up
Learn to Surf at Broadbeach on the Gold Coast
Ranked #3 of 41 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise has a shop at the beach end of Cavill Avenue and provide 2 hour surfing lessons every day from $55. Stand up paddle lessons are also run daily. We also provide surf boards, bodyboards, and other beach equipment for hire and sale. All our instructors are fully qualified surf life savers to make sure we provide a safe environment to learn in.
Melbourne, Australia
“Better than any Theme Park”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

Last week I was on vacation with my kids on the Gold Coast. I contacted Go Ride a Wave and booked a Stand Up Paddle boarding lesson for me and my two girls Olivia (10) and Isabella (7) at the Surfers Paradise location. We had never tried it before and we thought it looked pretty cool. We were met by Dan (Hookie) and from the very first moment we were relaxed and ready to go. My girls felt at ease and really enjoyed the lesson. Hookie kept coaching and praising the girls efforts and they stood up first go and kept at it for the rest of the lesson. He was also kind enough to take footage using my GoPro which shows all of us standing and paddling way together.

On the flight home I asked the girls what was the best part of the holiday, thinking perhaps they would say Movieworld or Dreamworld or even the waterslide at our hotel. Both answered saying it was the SUP! They joked saying, “Wasssup?” “we are SUP! That’s wassup!”

Once again, thank you to Hookie and thanks for the memories. I will recommend you to all and will be back to any one of your locations in our future vacation travels.

Visited January 2014
Peter F, Owner at Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Hey Angelo,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our Stand up Paddle lessons.
We are super stoked that you and the girls had a fantastic time.
Drop by the shop to say hi next time you come to visit the Gold Coast.
We also have shops in Torquay and Anglesea, Great Ocean Road that also provide surf and stand up lessons in Victoria, so you can keep the stoke up while down the coast.

Cheers

21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Wicked fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

So much more fun than I expected. Great instructors, Dan and Hamish. Even my little sister who came with my mate and I, loved it. She was standing up by the end of the two hours! I now have a new passion and will definitely be pursuing it and be coming back for follow up lessons.

Hey PilotHlm,

So happy you and the crew had a great time with Go Ride a Wave.
Please come back and see us again, we would love to have you back so we can take you to the next level.

Cheers,

Peter
Tianjin, China
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Professional and fun instruction”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

My son (9 years) and I did the three day package of lessons with the guys at Go Ride a Wave, and we were extremely happy that we chose them. We both were starting to stand on our boards by the end of the first lesson, and by the end of the third, we were starting to catch the 'green' waves that hadn't broken yet.

The instructors did a great job helping the group, no matter which lesson we were on. Several of the instructors were multi-lingual, and so they could instruct in other languages that I saw.

Most importantly, they did start with safety items on the first day and some basic instruction (although dry, very helpful) as to what the dangers could be while surfing.

Most impressive to me, was that after the first lesson, the instructors remembered both my son's and my name when we returned a couple of days later, even during the busy holiday.

They made the experience highly enjoyable and we would gladly use them again (as they said at the end of the first lesson, we are in their system now and forever... ) After the lessons, the then rent the boards at a discount to their 'students...'

Visited January 2014
Peter F, Owner at Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 3 January 2014
Hey Guys,

Thanks for the review and we are stoked that you are happy. Next time you are around any of our Go Ride a Wave shops drop in and say hi.

Keep Surfing!!!

Sam
Newcastle, Australia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 82 helpful votes
“Duff, Ivan, Danny are awesome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013 via mobile

Professional lesson run by a friendly team. As first timers we only wanted to stand up and we did with their help. Usually quite uncoordinated on a skateboard, we think we have found our new hobby. Thanks guys.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 64 helpful votes
“Beyond amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

I was so looking forward to a surfing lesson, these guys didn't disappoint.

Really helpful and patient teachers, it was just an exhilarating experience.

Visited May 2013