“One happy camper”

Learn to Surf at Coolangatta on the Gold Coast
Learn to Surf at Surfers Paradise on the Gold Coast
Ranked #2 of 42 Tours in Surfers Paradise
More attraction details
Owner description: Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise has a shop at the beach end of Cavill Avenue and provide 2 hour surfing lessons every day from $55. Stand up paddle lessons are also run daily. We also provide surf boards, bodyboards, and other beach equipment for hire and sale. All our instructors are fully qualified surf life savers to make sure we provide a safe environment to learn in.
Surfers Paradise, Australia
“One happy camper”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Service was great, They helped me find a good spot in the surf to take the board out away from classes and choppy surf. great equipment and good stuff

Visited January 2014
Peter F, Owner at Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hey DBR19,

Thanks for the review and we are glad we could help you get out, in some good surf for a couple hours of fun.

thanks,

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brisbane, Australia
“We're addicted.”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

Hi Guys,
Another year has passed and like most of you, it's been a busy one. So it's important to enjoy the little things in life. Today is my son Brayden 12th birthday, and yes as we have done for the last 2yrs, we are about to GO RIDE A WAVE. Surfers Paradise.
My son and I started this adventure almost 3yrs ago. And weather and work permitting we're happy to travel from Beaudesert to the Gold Coast as often as we can. Sam and the entire crew provided us with an opportunity to spend some real quality time together as a family. And I have never known them to be anything but professional, friendly and family orientated with the service they provide. Well done guys.
I highly recommend GO RIDE A WAVE to anybody looking for a life changing activity, that is safe and family orientated.
Regards.
Scott.

Visited March 2014
Peter F, Owner at Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Hey Boys,
thanks for the review. We have really loved seeing you guys come down over the past few years and improving every time you visit. Looking forward to seeing you soon and keep up the great work.

Many Thanks,
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Be careful when hiring the surfboard”
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I am writing to draw the people attentions that if someone who want to hire a surfboard in the Go Ride a Wave . please be reminded that you should check that before leaving the shop, if you don't know how to check the surfboard please ask the staffs to check with you to ensured that what you had got was in a good conditions.
They WOULDN'T remind you to check it well, just push you to sign the agreement and keep your passport to make sure that their beniefit would not be lost.
This was my third times to surf, i am still a beginner, i hired a surfboard today, was just for taking photo and parctice. I spend 20 dollars for 1.5 hours but i played only 45 mins and return it to the shop.
The shop director Sam Rollinson checked the surfboard and place it one side on a desk and one side on the ground, pushed it hard again and again and told me that it had been broken and found some markly fold, i shoud be charged 150 dollars for compensation.
I was so upset because i was sure that i hadn't fold it while using it at the beach, it was still in a good condition when i returnd it to them, the problem appeared in my mine that was i hadn't checked them well before leaving, i knew that was useless in arguing.
As for a tourise like us i felt helpless at that time, i didn't believed that i would face such a dramatic condition in such a good reputation country , i could only call the police to justify that the sutitation would not be gotten worse, but he got angry after hearing me to call the police.
Finally the shop director Sam Rollinson agreed me to pay them 100 dollars for compensation in front of the police but he still didn't allow me to take a photo to the so called broken surfboard for keeping a recoard to my insurance company.
I knew that i had taken a good lesson overseas no matter how good reputations she is , the police told me that they could charge me 500 hundred or more . i should keep an eyes of everyone i meet when travelling overseas!

4 Thank Ken L
Peter F, Owner at Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Hi Ken, I am very sorry to see such a negative response. I hope you were able to have some fun while hiring our board. The surf has been quite large and a bit dangerous lately. Unfortunately, as with anything you may hire, if it is returned with damage there is a cost to pay.
Melbourne, Australia
“Better than any Theme Park”
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Last week I was on vacation with my kids on the Gold Coast. I contacted Go Ride a Wave and booked a Stand Up Paddle boarding lesson for me and my two girls Olivia (10) and Isabella (7) at the Surfers Paradise location. We had never tried it before and we thought it looked pretty cool. We were met by Dan (Hookie) and from the very first moment we were relaxed and ready to go. My girls felt at ease and really enjoyed the lesson. Hookie kept coaching and praising the girls efforts and they stood up first go and kept at it for the rest of the lesson. He was also kind enough to take footage using my GoPro which shows all of us standing and paddling way together.

On the flight home I asked the girls what was the best part of the holiday, thinking perhaps they would say Movieworld or Dreamworld or even the waterslide at our hotel. Both answered saying it was the SUP! They joked saying, “Wasssup?” “we are SUP! That’s wassup!”

Once again, thank you to Hookie and thanks for the memories. I will recommend you to all and will be back to any one of your locations in our future vacation travels.

Visited January 2014
Peter F, Owner at Go Ride A Wave Surfers Paradise, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Hey Angelo,

Thank you for taking the time out to review our Stand up Paddle lessons.
We are super stoked that you and the girls had a fantastic time.
Drop by the shop to say hi next time you come to visit the Gold Coast.
We also have shops in Torquay and Anglesea, Great Ocean Road that also provide surf and stand up lessons in Victoria, so you can keep the stoke up while down the coast.

Cheers

Peter
Byron Bay, Australia
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Wicked fun!”
Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

So much more fun than I expected. Great instructors, Dan and Hamish. Even my little sister who came with my mate and I, loved it. She was standing up by the end of the two hours! I now have a new passion and will definitely be pursuing it and be coming back for follow up lessons.

Hey PilotHlm,

So happy you and the crew had a great time with Go Ride a Wave.
Please come back and see us again, we would love to have you back so we can take you to the next level.

Cheers,